Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rise of the Reds: Strange Moments
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Papaya Master Rai
And to start this off, I shall post my old ones.

As you can see the Grumbles are ready to attack.

How did that Grumble do that!? O_o

Soon the other Grumbles tried to copy what the Grumble driver did at the internet centre.

They keep doing this until the internet centre...EXPLODES!

The hackers die one by one until...

He was left. He was scared that he was about to fall. He tried to get up, but...

It was too late. The Grumbles all cheered at their victory, until they realised that there was a Berkut up in the sky doing barrel rolls all day long, which made their missiles attack at the ground. tongue.gif

And with that over may the posting begin.

ka1000
make better links, i can't see the thumbnails in full size =/
GDIZOCOM
good to see this thread again
Destiny
Yoshaa~!

I see USA drivers have picked up GLA habits, even the Sentry Drone D: (I can't time them all to fly, ze.)

...and so the Crusader has now turned into an artillery unit, maybe I should've used the Paladin.

"Raptor-1-1, take off suc-"

"Raptor 2-2, pull up! Pull up! Pull up! Low altitude. Low altitude. Low..."

Pickysaurus
Lol @ Raptor fail. Can see now that they need the new skin tongue.gif
Massey
I dont have the pic any more sadly sad.gif i did a reinstall just the other day. but ill tell u a few wierd and funny thing i have seen

1. when i was playing Russian vs Us and a US microwave tank was starting to freeze up one of my golem. i destory it and my golem colours went from maroon to PINK! i just Laugh my ass of as i was drining around a pink tank.

2. same deal. Mtank was freezeing up my... Zap tower and destory it and my zap tower was White! not maroon. same thing happen to a T-80K

3. was playing i think its called iron dragon.... map. the realy long map the third or fourth from the bottem... any way i spent a group of frogfoots to WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY over the other side of map. all die but one. on the return trip. a US hearvy AA missle was stuck on the back of the Frogfoot all the way back to base. (looked like afterburners hehe) but died when i landed
.... i miss that polit so much ='(

4. i love the the ECM tank for tank! but sometime it backfires. like when i use small group 2overloads 2ECM 1 nuke cannon 2 han gunships. any way... one of my han's was hovering above the nuke cannon with a ECM next to the nukecannon (SAVE THE NUKE!) but US AA missles from 2 units fire at the same time but instead of hitting the han. the ECM made both missles go stright down and killed my nuke cannon sad.gif .... fun and sad tongue.gif

5.Berkut... was doing a roll to get away from Raptors on a landing. and the plane kept spinning to the hanger

that was more or less it!
This is Massey 8chi.png
wardog
8llaniflip.gif well first of all i did not know where to put this but oh well maby the swr team can fix this it goes like this ani8b.gif

ok i was russia vs usa + usa and i captured one us base and build 2 air feilds shown bellow one air field was full of raptors and the others full of berkuts and i selected them both and tryed to do an air gaurd but supise the button wasent there whats with that???Click to view attachment sorry crappy drawing forgot how to do an ingame screen shot
Raven
did you select raptors and berkuts together? then it might be a problem although logically both can air guard :S.
wardog
QUOTE (Raven @ 15 Aug 2009, 14:39) *
did you select raptors and berkuts together? then it might be a problem although logically both can air guard :S.

well duh i selected them both but you would think that the air gaurd buton would be there
wardog
can any one tell me how to take ingame screen shots or what the button is
Pickysaurus
You can either use PrtSc (somewhere in the top right) or F12 I believe.

Try the function keys (F1, F2, etc) until it says "Captured sshot001" in the top left corner.

PrtSc will copy the current screen to your clipboard for pasting.
Shiro
F12 is the key for it, it saves the picture as .bmp in your Generals / Zero:Hour folder under 'My documents'.
Nidmeister
Or, you can use F9 to remove the HUD, Print Screen to copy the screen, and then paste it into an image editor to save as a Jpeg for a lower file size.
pressing F9 again will restore your HUD.
Shiro
You can also just open the .bmp you got with F12 and THEN save as .jpg I8.gif8I.gif
wardog
Click to view attachmentshot 9 was the kshtan in the tremour cannon

horibly confused hinds
Click to view attachment

under water base???
Click to view attachment
Jester
QUOTE (wardog @ 19 Aug 2009, 4:16) *
Click to view attachmentshot 9 was the kshtan in the tremour cannon

horibly confused hinds
Click to view attachment

under water base???
Click to view attachment

is the under water base thing a mission if so can you give me a link to download it please cheers.
wardog
QUOTE (Jester @ 19 Aug 2009, 14:17) *
is the under water base thing a mission if so can you give me a link to download it please cheers.

no it was a zh race map and i put a comp on by accident
and the comp freaked out built in water and somehow got ppl in the water
Shiro
Could you still kindly post it?
Turret89

If the Sentinel can't go around, it goes through.

When the Sentinel gets angry, it turns blue ...

... as do Hinds ...

... and Tesla tanks.

The AI works in mysterious ways (observe the parachutes in relation to the tremor strike)
wardog
QUOTE (KamuiK @ 21 Aug 2009, 0:15) *
Could you still kindly post it?
imm afraid i cannot sorry mellow.gif
joshh
I think that SHW needs a thread like this, but until that happens, I will post it here.

This is actually more of a bug, but it looks funny.

Airfield fail.
Pickysaurus
ohmy.gif
A supa airfield!
RuN for teh hillz!!!
IonCharge
QUOTE (Pickysaurus @ 3 Sep 2009, 18:29) *
ohmy.gif
A supa airfield!
RuN for teh hillz!!!

Lol once when playing ShW i found a chinese airfield armed with a gatling cannon :S
Shiro
Hm, for some reason (actually, none^^), I build an airfield in ROTR with a Patriot/Defense system on it.
Pickysaurus
QUOTE (KamuiK @ 3 Sep 2009, 19:24) *
Hm, for some reason (actually, none^^), I build an airfield in ROTR with a Patriot/Defense system on it.

Magic how you did that. Patriots aren't in ROTR anymore tongue.gif
Shiro
I only forgot the name of the new Patriot there. Of course I mean the Protector =^.^=
Papaya Master Rai

I never thought volcanoes are used as reinforcement pads. I8.gif
And this one was already posted in the was RotR forum in FS.
Pickysaurus
A moment I had a while ago...

Particle Cannon cause extreme debris
Jester
QUOTE (Pickysaurus @ 4 Sep 2009, 13:04) *
A moment I had a while ago...

Particle Cannon cause extreme debris

It reminds me of the new final destination trailer were things fly into people lol.
Shiro

Boris is very good at vehicles I8.gif8I.gif
Nidmeister
QUOTE (joshh @ 3 Sep 2009, 17:43) *
I think that SHW needs a thread like this, but until that happens, I will post it here.

This is actually more of a bug, but it looks funny.

Airfield fail.

If you want a Shockwave thread then make one, nobody will stop you. smile.gif
Shiro
There is one, but not stickied.
Nidmeister
Master Rai took the liberties of making one I see.
mbob61
QUOTE (KamuiK @ 4 Sep 2009, 16:34) *

Boris is very good at vehicles I8.gif8I.gif

God bless poly saving tongue.gif
Shiro
Indeed, however seeing a vehicle lacking an underside and even the threads is kind of lazy as well. I accept that for buildings, but having a vehicle suffer from it is worst case. Hopefully that will be fixed I8.gif8I.gif
mbob61
Lets hope so eh..
Pickysaurus
QUOTE (KamuiK @ 5 Sep 2009, 19:21) *
Indeed, however seeing a vehicle lacking an underside and even the threads is kind of lazy as well. I accept that for buildings, but having a vehicle suffer from it is worst case. Hopefully that will be fixed I8.gif 8I.gif

Most models don't have an underside, because you're never meant to see it xD
Not a big issue
mbob61
But surely there are enough shockwave weapons for them to notice it?
Its not like its a massive, complicated fix.

Mike
Shiro
Actually, almost all vehicles since Generals had an underside afaik. Even though it is somehow a bit hilarious to see Chinese Supply Trucks having the same problem.
Alias
Most of the custom units in Rise of the Reds and Shockwave along with the modified vanilla ground vehicles will have a very limited if no underside at all. It isn't needed and on some units can add a good portion to the poly count. It's not "laziness", the unit is simply optimised for the engine.
Shiro
QUOTE (Alias @ 6 Sep 2009, 2:16) *
Most of the custom units in Rise of the Reds and Shockwave along with the modified vanilla ground vehicles will have a very limited if no underside at all. It isn't needed and on some units can add a good portion to the poly count. It's not "laziness", the unit is simply optimised for the engine.

If it results in a bug (in this case a missing side which CAN be seen) it is almost contra productive. I know the engine cannot handle too many polies and actually I do not care further about it. It is only a bit hilarious.
mbob61
QUOTE (Alias @ 6 Sep 2009, 1:16) *

TBH it is pretty lazy as its piss easy to do. Also, you don't need a massive amount of detail.
I just think a gaping hole looks unfitting and unprofessional for a mod of this quality.

Mike
Nidmeister
Not really, considering bugs are also not meant to be there.
TBH, I'm sure most people can understand not having put an underside on a model that you won't see the underside on anyway, I don't see why you people have to be so picky.
Shiro
Meh, it is the fact that we can see the underside, playing as Russia we can even see it quite often.
Nidmeister
Funny, because I don't...

I have no idea if you play with your tanks upside down or not but I can assure you, youre not meant to see the underside of the tank, that's why it's not there.
It's as simple as that.
Shiro
Then I have no idea if you ever use Sentinels, or Boris, or FOABs, or whatever else causes shockwaves sending units skyrocketing.
The_Hunter
Back on topic please this is not a thread where we argue about how a model is supposed to be made or not.
Nidmeister
I've never seen a Sentinel, or Boris, actually, send a unit skyrocketing.
And if the unit does fly up in the air, if the fall doesn't destroy it, it should still land upright on it's tracks.
Thus why, if it doesn't, it's a bug, and shouldn't have happened.
Shiro
*does as the boss says*
Air Force Show

Air Field Advanced Security

Railguns -- literally --
Destiny
Ah well.

Let's swim on land!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.