Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there any way to allow vehicles to garrison?
SWR Productions Forum > Game Modding and Development > Generals/Zerohour Modding
Norseloki
I would like to do this to my game for fun. And so I was wondering if anyone could write me up a tutorial on allowing vehicles to garrison, as I saw a guy manage to do this in another mod a while back.
Stalker
IIRC you'll have to add INFANTRY Kind-Of to every vehicle. At the same time this would break every unit that uses a different weapon vs vehicles and infantry.
You would then have to distinguish between Infantry and Vehicle Bunkers. This could work with forbidden Kind-of Vehicle for the Infantry-only bunkers.

Yeah.. I think that's it. Basically you 'convert' all vehicles to infantry. This could cause some problems though. Also I'm just telling you what I think would work. I never tried this myself.
n5p29
or alternatively, make all garrisonable structure into transport with fireports (by replacing GarrisonContain into TransportContain).
CoLT
QUOTE (n5p29 @ 22 Mar 2013, 2:49) *
or alternatively, make all garrisonable structure into transport with fireports (by replacing GarrisonContain into TransportContain).

This would turn out less buggy imo. Since transports can also be given forbidden kindof lines as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.