Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shockwave with orgin?
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > ShockWave > ShockWave Support
Neo3602
Dose shockwave work with C&C Generals Zero Hour downloaded from EA Orgin?
Because I just installed it in the correct place and when I press launch it doesn't do anything
Kalga
Try to manually install it by using the no launcher version, put the files in the correct folder (I don't really know how to explain this better, I just did it back then...).

Or just shell out the $10 a buy a copy of C&C TFD (or like in my case, dig it out again).
Neo3602
Thanks where can I get the no launcher version?
Kalga
This one...

http://www.moddb.com/mods/cc-shockwave/dow...staller-release

Yes it works on Windows too, and yes there might be possible errors (another reason I suggested using something other than Origin)

---

Another possible method would be to replace all (or just the one for C&C Gen & ZH) the Origin launchers with these ones then use the regular installer version (and do the usual linstall process...)

http://www.commandandconquer.com/forums/fo...mate-collection

Note: I only tried this method to install Mideast Crisis 2 for C&C3.
Neo3602
Is it possible to have The first decade C&C Generals Zero Hour and C&C Generals Zero Hour downloaded on orgin on the same computer?
Kalga
Of course! (that's what I did) And I guess this is the place to tell you a little trick...

1. Buy 1 copy of C&C:TFD.
1.5 Install it.
2. Buy 1 copy of C&C Ultimate Collection (Why are you such an idiot?!?).
2.5 Install that too.
3. Download and install this mod on the Origin version of ZH: http://www.moddb.com/mods/project-raptor-t...-code/downloads
4. Download and install Shockwave (or ZH mod of your choice) on the C&C:TFD version of ZH.
5. Play the mod you downloaded in step 3 in a vs. AI match, where you can set the starting cash to $1000000.
5.5 Quit the game as soon as you can (you really don't want to play that mod, trust me)
6. Now play Shockwave for vs. AI match, change whatever settings you want JUST DON'T CHANGE THE STARTING CASH!
7. Now you can play Shockwave vs. AI match with a starting cash of $1000000! (usually at this step I would just write PROFIT!)
Neo3602
Thanks for the help!
I have both TFD and the Ulimate Colletion which I got after TFD because I lost the cd key for C&C3 and lost RA3 when the computer it was on got the Blue Screen of Death and 20 bucks for all of the C&C games wat too good of a deal to pass up espically when RA2 never for TFD never worked for me and I realy wanted to play it
Also the computer that I have all of the Orgin stuff is a computer that I just swiched over to and didn't have The First Decade on it
Zeke
QUOTE (Kalga @ 6 Aug 2013, 9:25) *
Of course! (that's what I did) And I guess this is the place to tell you a little trick...

1. Buy 1 copy of C&C:TFD.
1.5 Install it.
2. Buy 1 copy of C&C Ultimate Collection (Why are you such an idiot?!?).
2.5 Install that too.
3. Download and install this mod on the Origin version of ZH: http://www.moddb.com/mods/project-raptor-t...-code/downloads
4. Download and install Shockwave (or ZH mod of your choice) on the C&C:TFD version of ZH.
5. Play the mod you downloaded in step 3 in a vs. AI match, where you can set the starting cash to $1000000.
5.5 Quit the game as soon as you can (you really don't want to play that mod, trust me)
6. Now play Shockwave for vs. AI match, change whatever settings you want JUST DON'T CHANGE THE STARTING CASH!
7. Now you can play Shockwave vs. AI match with a starting cash of $1000000! (usually at this step I would just write PROFIT!)

Or you can just edit the "StartingCash" field in Skirmish.ini located in "Documents/Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data.

IIRC you can even set it to -1 to get infinite money.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.