Full Version: Plan of action: Jarmen Kell and the Forty Thieves
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds > Theatre of War
Svea Rike
OPERATION CODENAME: FORTY THIEVES – Plan drawn May 7, 2027

Leader: Kell, Jarmen
Teams: One, Two and Three
Date: August 5, 2027

Operational Report: Hassan, Mahmud

“So I just talk into this? Okay. This is, eh, Mahmud Hassan. I am a warrior of the Global Liberation Army and I am here to report on Operation ‘Forty Thieves’, a glorious incursion into America which I was part of. I guess I begin with the plan, right? Okay…”

“So, the GLA needed chemical weapons powerful enough to eat through all types of protection, and just so it happens our best bet of getting that was to steal it from the Americans themselves in their own country. This would also frighten the Americans and presumably force them to strengthen homeland defense, meaning we would have less to deal with them during the grand scheme in Europe. So, on August 5, the United States R&D Department would have a scheduled delivery of chemical samples to the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, California. But those weren't just any samples, you know; the Americans had managed to confiscate several gallons of Dr. Thrax' infamous Gamma strain, which they brought back home for study. Warlord Mohmar insisted that these chemicals would be essential for our great insurrection. The plan was this; we would hijack those trucks, and inside one of them we would load the chemicals once we were inside the lab. Two of the trucks would be empty and go in different directions, while the truck carrying the chemicals would sneak through the cities of Dublin and San Leandro until it arrived at the Oakland International Airport, where the chemicals would be loaded onto a cargo plane and taken to the Middle East. However, in the middle of the plan, things didn’t go so well as thought…”

“The first few hours of the operation went smoothly. We were all disguised as tourists, and exited the Oakland airport in the morning like any other tourists coming to San Francisco. Most of us were very confused of being in a foreign country; the cars, the sounds, the smell. All was so different. I remember, the first time I felt the warm heat from California it almost felt like home, in Yemen, although the sounds and smells soon overcame that feeling. Many of us were probably very worried, confused or scared, being in a such alien country. Everyone was looking around and those that didn’t have sunglasses had to wear caps, they thought it was embarrassing, having to wear clothing of Western infidels. Jarmen didn’t seem to care. His KSVK rifle was dismantled and packed tightly in his sports bag, which had been delivered by two of our American contacts. They picked us up in a minibus. Since it was twelve of us, it was really cramped. Jarmen himself took another vehicle and went to his gathering point.”

“In the bus, we went over the plan one more time before we were going to do it. Three of us were going in disguised as truck drivers, delivering some sort of cargo for the Livermore Laboratory, were we would steal the chemicals. In Dublin, we drove into a back alley and me, Khalid and Borodin put on our trucker clothes. They had apparently not been washed recently, as they smelled awful. Borodin joked that Americans must smell like this all the time. Nonetheless, the rest of the team awaited the trucks’ arrival. As the three trucks drove down the street, one of them stepped out as a police officer. The trucks stopped, and as the driver of the first one was distracted by our brother, the other two behind was killed and dragged out of the trucks. Then, the driver in the first one got shot and I took control of the truck.”

“Before we drove to the lab, my fellow brothers jumped into the back of my truck. When we got there, I was stopped by a security guard. He asked where the regular was, but I said he called in sick today and I took his place. I think the guard almost saw through my cover, but he said ‘all right’ and opened the gate for us. We drove in and parked where the guards had directed us to. As they opened the containers of the other two trucks, the brothers in my truck snuck out through a hole in the ceiling. They silently eliminated most of the guards before one of them saw us, but he was quickly killed by a suppressed shot from one of our men.”

“Some of our brothers posted themselves near the doors and gates to protect the trucks from any potential threats. The rest of us grabbed the gear of the workers and went into the storage room. Any scientists or guards we encountered were silenced, either by gunshots or knives. Any which way, we made it to the storage room and loaded all chemicals aboard trolleys. We pushed them back to the trucks and successfully loaded them into the back of one, because the other two were to be used as decoys for our escape. I hid in my truck while the other two speeded out of the warehouse. One smashed through the main gate and ran rampant across Livermore, the other one drove straight out into the desert. If it wasn’t for our sheer belief nobody would be crazy enough to do such a thing. Anyway, when things had calmed down in and around the lab itself, I silently drove out of the complex. I drove the truck to Oakland as instructed, but that’s when things went wrong. A police roadblock blocked my path, and I was forced to exit the truck. As I was unable to explain a truthful story, the police had me down on the ground with my hands on my head.”

“Just then when I thought all hope was lost, one of the policemen got shot in the head! Soon thereafter, the others got shot as well. Panicking, they drove away with the truck to some sort of army depot near the airport. I looked up and saw a jeep screeching to a halt in front of me. Out stepped Jarmen Kell, who told me to get up and into the jeep. Inside he briefed me on a new plan he just created. Apparently, he had assembled a band of mercenaries a bit south of the airport. I was part of another group further into the city. We were instructed to hijack an intelligence van from the Californian National Guard, who had scans of a booby trapped beach Kell needed to cross. We were successful, but they encountered another obstacle. In order to move forward, a large reservoir needed to be pumped clean. Of course, I was the one chosen to infiltrate the pump station and get the water out of there, so I did. While the rest of my brothers ran loose around town and liberated our prisoners, I entered the valve station. I forced the only one inside to open the valves, which he did without hesitation. I guess having a gun on your throat is good motivation.”

“So, after the reservoir was dry, Kell and his men could move forward. Using explosives, they were able to destroy a runway on Oakland used by the National Guard to launch fighters, disabling the National Guard’s air support. Our men were very well trained, as they hijacked National Guard vehicles and used them against the Americans! I joined a group inside a bus who were on their way to help Kell and the others.”

“Once up at the facility where the Americans had taken the chemicals – which were loaded onto transport trucks to be taken back to Lawrence – we engaged the infidels and took back our weapons! However, the National Guard had taken care of our brothers in the city and were converging on our position. Team two had captured a C-130 cargo plane and had it poised to take off. I helped by transporting trucks back and forth to the plane, because these were small and could only take five barrels tops. In the nick of time, we got all barrels on board the plane. But all was not finished. Even though the cargo plane took off, we still had to stall the Americans to they couldn’t intercept it with their fighters. I did all I could; grabbed a rifle and started shooting. Behind me, I could see some of my brothers had another plane ready to go. Kell ordered us to run to it while he continued to fight the Americans with some other soldiers. I did not know how Kell was able to escape that situation, but somehow he did. Anyway, by the end of the day, we were inside the cargo plane celebrating our victory in America! This dealt a huge blow against the Americans and allowed our great insurrection to take place in Europe!”

-----
Much thanks to MARS for helping me correct a few things. I just noticed something, nearly half of all fan-fics in the Theatre of War subforum are mine! I have mixed feelings about that...
__CrUsHeR
Good work, I like to read a bit more about GLA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.