Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All Canadian Units
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds > Theatre of War
Serialkillerwhale
Canadian Expeditionary Force (CEF)

OVERALL

All Buildings are armed with .50 Cal machine guns, making raids more difficult. Deployed units also come with .50 cals.
Many Canadian units can deploy, turning them into a workable (Non-production) frontline outpost on the spot.
Canada does not have a Base defense structure built for anti-infantry work, all base Defenses (And as noted above, every other building) is also an anti-infantry base defense.
Canadian Aircraft can take extreme damage before finally crashing, losing 50% of their health renders their weapons inoperable and slows them down, they can be repaired back to full functionality back at the airfield. (They tend to have anywhere between 200% to 250% other plane's durability, so you basically have to "Kill" them twice).
Canadian Infantry do not have a "Crippled" speed reduction or pose, instead when at the level of hp when they should be Crippled, they fire faster.
Overall GDI-esque playstyle.

Faction Color: Ultramarine
Faction Camo: Arctic Camouflage
Buildings: Metal+Concrete, Prefabricated Appearance (Multiple individual rectangles that attach to eachother).
Faction Symbol: A golden Diamond over a compass star surounded by a ring, with a Metalic Red Maple Leaf in the middle.

Pros:
Durable
Their Crane is both armed with a .50 cal machinegun, and heavily armored when compared to the other faction's worker units.
Very resilient to raiding.
Excessively well armored aircraft
Even without power, all their .50 cals still work.

Cons:
Units tend to be on the slow end.
Limited Stealth Detection, only Detector is a building.
Sluggish strategically, using buildings built on the spot and deployed units excessively.
Very few early game rush units, early game tends to have them on the back foot.
Inferior recon options for early game.

STRUCTURES:
Headquarters: Command Center Equivalent, Produces Cranes and Beaver Drones.

Barracks: What do you think?

Supply Center: Builds Heavy Supply Trucks.

War Factory: Gee I wonder.

Airfield: What does this building do?

Repair Bay: Medium sized building that repairs units, but can't build them, works for both Helicopters and Land Vehicles.

Fusion Power Plant: Large fusion power plants, provide 30 points of power each, and can be upgraded to 40, then 50 with control rods. roughly the size of a War Factory.

Logistics Station: Large paperwork and organizational center that provides the support for an Canadian general to send out the main forces of the Expeditionary Force. Also researches various upgrades.

Mobilization Center: Massive Monolithic Structure that allows the utilization of the entirety of the CEF's forces, and can train any ground unit or helicopter, Researches upgrades to various units.

Computer Bank: Large computer that operates both Canada's own supply lines and uses excess power to do testing, computing, and other tasks, making a healthy amount of cash.

Cataclysm Ultra Heavy Artillery Weapon : Massive 1850mm Cannon, firing a Rocket-assisted cluster munition that can level an entire city block with a single shot.
Gun Emplacement: Concrete Gun Emplacement, modernization gives it a 360 firing arc 2 .50 cal Machine guns.

CIWS Station: Powerful R2+Erection AA system that can shoot down missiles. ALSO has a .50 Cal. And a PDL, damn they shoved alot of stuff in there.

Sensor Array: Long-range stealth detector.

INFANTRY

Regimental Troops: Standard soldiers of the CEF Capture, Shoot people, yada yada, can storm buildings and kill everyone inside, thanks to being half grizzly bear, like all canadians.........Fine it's their underbarrel shotguns letting them get past doors and then them shooting the other guy. "Sorry bout the mess" -A Regimental soldier's note to a homeowner who will return to find a dead Conscript in his house.

Heavy Weapons Operator: Armed with both a Recoiless rifle. The Recoiless Rifle fires cannon rounds, making it highly effective against ECM armed opponents. It can be switched to Anti-Air rockets within a moments notice. The Autoloader lets them fire in bursts, which, while not making them more effective against heavier units, lets them utterly shred hit-and-run units with a barrage of rounds. "WHO TOUCHED MY RIFLE!" A heavy weapons operator, being possessive of his weapon.

JTF: Joint Task Force soldiers, the JTF are Canada's special ops, They perform much the same role as the other "Commando" infantry units, armed with Javelin II Missile launchers, MK.48 machine guns. "Deeds, not words".

Stormtrooper: Elite frontline infantry, armed with heavy armor, special assault rifles chambered for .50 HEAT rounds, and some of the heaviest armor in the battlefield, these elite infantry are unmatched on the front lines by any other.

Jeane: Canada's Hero Unit, Warrant Officer Jean is armed with a MM1 Grenade Launcher, and the ability to "Deploy" with a M252 Mortar, letting him shell the enemy from beyond their ability to Retaliate.

VEHICLES

Crane: Construction unit, heavily armored and armed with a Machine Gun. (It has to be, considering that Canada often builds things right next to the frontline, such as the Repair bay and Sensor Array).

Beaver UGV: Recon Unit, unarmed.

Heavy Supply Truck: Tractor Trailer truck that hauls large ammounts of supplies at once, can be upgraded to a mobile CIWS, which can fire while moving, but gains more firepower and range while deployed, while deployed the thing also has a PDL.

LAV III: Tier I IFV armed with a standard .50 caliber machine gun capable of being upgraded to a TUA (TOW Under Armor) Further Upgradeable once tier II Has been unlocked to use a Barrage of unguided CRV7 Rockets.

Blizzard: Basic antiaircraft unit, armed with 6 57mm Autocannons, can deploy which gives it extra range.
"Soon" A Blizzard operator, on his ETA.

Nanuk Tank: Canadian MBT: Updated Crusader I with a more powerful Main Gun and heavier armor, The Nanuk is considered to have the most powerful Main Gun of any in Service MBT and armor aplenty. The Nanuk Tank can set itself up in an Hull Down position and deploy stablizers, increasing it's range, damage, and durability at the cost of taking a few seconds before It can move again. "It's about to get Grizzly" A Nanuk (Polar Bear) Tank Commander with a very horrid sense of humor, upon engaging a Kodiak (Usuri Brown Bear) Tank. Note that neither of these tanks are Grizzlies.

Buffalo Transport: Small, Heavily armored, and fast, the Buffalo can carry 4 infantry, but lacks and defense. It can even crash into a enemy building, allowing the troops inside to quickly take over.

HIMARS: Powerful Multiple rocket launcher with 6 cluster Rockets.

Guardian Mobile Command: Superheavy Tank and Mobile Command unit. The Guardian is basically a Strategy Center on tracks, The Guardian is armed with a single "Defender" 255mm Cannon, which can either be used as a regular tank cannon, or elevated upwards when the Guardian deploys for a deadly artillery piece, increasing buff radius at the same time. All Guardian units use the same overall strategy, as multiple commanders with different plans counter-commanding eachother rendered them moot. The Guardian can choose between Siege Tactics, Assault Tactics or Recon Tactics.
Siege Increases Damage and Attack Range, all the better to blow you up
Assault Increases Armor and Attack Speed
Recon Increases Move Speed and Sight Range:
"Unrivaled".- Somebody inside the Guardian after destroying a Sentinel.

Walrus MLRS: Heavy Artillery armed with a 105mm Mortar while moving and 12 cluster munition missiles and 2 .50cal machine guns. Is a long tank (Think WWII The old gang tank)
"Walrus want big boom" Walrus Operator, just before dropping a payload of deadly missiles onto an russian border patrol unit. It was indeed, a big boom.

Borealis AAA: Tier 3 Anti-aircraft defense, deploys into a large heavy duty laser array, the borealis locks in from extreme range, then fires a deadly energy beam at any target in range. Highly effective against massed aircraft and helicopters, although stealth aircraft like the Nighthawk and longer ranged ones such as the Mohawk can destroy it before it finishes locking on. As per the usual, it's armed with a .50 cal while deployed.

AIRCRAFT
Medivac: Repurposed Sikorksy CH as a mobile hospital, lands and deploys to act as a mobile source of healing, minor healing done in aura, much more rapid healing done to all units garrisoned inside. Armed with 1 .50cal machinegun while in flight and 4 while deployed.

CF-500 Arrow II: The best Fighter in the damn game. "The Only excuse to not being an ace when flying an Arrow is that you ran out of bogeys"

Kainai Gunship: Armed with a 25mm autocannon and wings loaded with anti-air missiles. The Kainai's 25mm Autocannon is only able to turn slightly, thanks to it's large size, rendering it an ungainly weapon against light vehicles, which nevertheless will be shredded in seconds, the Kainai.

Mohawk Gunship: Heavy Gunship Normal attack consists of 4 CRV7 Rocket pods, and 50. cal Chaingun Special ability launches a pair of long range cruise missiles, ground targeted, do enough damage to two-shot (hit with both missiles) a Tier 2 AAA.

CFB-10 Goose: Purpose-built Ground attack craft armed with 20 CRV7 rockets, 2 2000lb cluster munitions,
GENERAL POWERS
Spy Satellite: One of the many advantages of being close friends with the US.

Missile Barrage: Cruise missiles are fired from beyond the battlefield scream in, and lay waste to the target.

Stratospheric Strike: CF-10 "Raven" Drops from beyond enemy weapon's effective altitude in a screaming dive, dropping JDAM bombs before putting on afterburners and flying back up.

JTF2 Drop: Special Operatives drop behind enemy lines, Dropped with a small prefab "Field Base" that can be garrisoned, fired out of, and heals infantry. (doesn't count as building, so you don't need to destroy it to win).

Hold The Line: Large Defensive boost to all buildings, cranes, and deployed vehicles, buildings under hold the line cannot be cleared.

Saturation Bombing: A massive, unrelenting barrage of Cluster Munitions is dropped from a CB-5 Thunderbird heavy bomber (Equvialent to Spectre, FOAB, Earthquake, Napalm, and Anthrax). "While other factions either used showy massive explosives or excessively fancy weapons, the Canadians simply settled for designing a massive plane to carry alota bombs and dropping the whole load on whatever poor hoser who just had all the air around him replaced with bomb."

UPGRADES

"Chimera Armor Vests" Increases Canadian infantry resistance against bullets by 30% and all other damage types by 10%
"Reinforced Armor" Increases the durability of Canadian tanks by 20%
"Entrenchment" Increases Canadian Deployed unit durability by 10%.
"Streamlined Logistics: Increase production speed by 10%. Also increases the production rate of Hackers, Arms Suppliers, Supply Drops,
"Gunship Ammo" Adds 2 more Rocket pods to the Mohawk and 2 more Anti-Air missiles to the Kainai.
"Heavy Construction" Increases Canadian building durability by 25%
"Microwave Weaponry" Adds an option for the Heavy supply truck to mount a Microwave Turret, and rocket-launcher style microwave cannons for Stormtroopers, both of which are highly effective crowd anti-infantry weapons and capable of knocking out targets in vehicles.

WORK IN PROGRESS, WILL ACTUALLY COMPLETE.

Thoughts?
Neo3602
Amazing Ideas, I would be really happy if someone made this a reality!!!
X1Destroy
"Isn't this a generic Imperial Guard regiment?" is my first thought reading this.
Kalga
QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 7 Dec 2013, 9:17) *
"Isn't this a generic Imperial Guard regiment?" is my first thought reading this.

That might be the joke as the generic Imperial Guard regiment is supposedly modeled after the Canadian army...
Serialkillerwhale
How is this an imperial guard regiment?
I just used the term Regiment because it started with a "R" just like every other infantry oughta. (Ranger, Red Guard, Rebel) heh.

And about the stormtroopers, that's what the Germans called canadian soldiers in WWI (The same thing they called their own elite forces) because they were that pants-shittingly scared.
Anubis
How can you spread the 10-15 soldiers Canada has as an army between all those vehicles and infantry roles ...
Svea Rike
I know it's a joke but still, Canada has a standing army of around 60,000 soldiers.
Pepo
QUOTE (swedishplayer-97 @ 9 Dec 2013, 9:50) *
I know it's a joke but still, Canada has a standing army of around 60,000 soldiers.

compare to other countries is the 53th largest military (here: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_military_and_paramilitary_personnel)

instead of just canada,i would have also mention otherNAU nation for better flexibility and making the faction more interesting
Serialkillerwhale
How can you spread the 10-15 soldiers Canada has as an army between all those vehicles and infantry roles ...

Very Carefully.

Maple Syrup helps.

Hence the quality over quanity nature
instead of just canada,i would have also mention otherNAU nation for better flexibility and making the faction more interesting

Point, however I doubt mexicans would be able to survive the planned winter offensive on northern/eastern russia. Maybe Greenland (If it's a part of the NAU, which makes sense) or Alaskan Americans would be willing to pitch in?
MARS
Why would Greenland be part of the NAU if it is still an autonomous territory of Denmark first and foremost?
Serialkillerwhale
Considering the havoc following the GLA war, Denmark probably lost a bit of influence with it's relatively untouched territories, which would likely seek further independance, and as the economic support would likely be cut, realpolitik influence.

Consider how colonies eventually become semi-independant and finally through some way, fully independant, with the process happening most notably after or during the time a nation is in a major war, It'd stand to reason that greenland would attempt to gain full autonomy during this time.

If Denmark is autonomous, simple geological proximity (Read: They're nearby) would lead to influence from the NAU, and eventual membership.

We're talking about denmark losing influence, while the NAU decide to take in the resource-rich nation, around the same time they tried to expand southwards.

Honestly I'm all extrapolating from what Little i know of denmark.

It has a funny flag and it's near germany

Germany was under serious gla attack

Most GLA soldiers would likely know jack about what a denmark is, and would probably just put it under the "germany" folder.

Thus they were probably there (Blowing crap up) as well.

When a country gets the crap beaten out of it, it tends to lose international influence and territory.
Svea Rike
Greenland does not seek independence from Denmark^ Right now, Greenland has it better than it ever has before with the help of Denmark and they would probbaly fare worse without them. There seems to be no reason in ROTR-verse where the Greenlanders would want independence with the exception of heavy GLA/Russian propaganda which seems nlikely because GLA does not need Greenland and Russia already has acess to the Arctic Sea.

And why would NAU want Greenland? It is a big island with a lot of ice and polar bears. Canada and Alaska are close to the Arctic Ocean and Greenland has nearly no non-scientific value with the exception of airbases for the United States, which (considering that they have floating friggin' fortresses) is probably not needed.

Also, MARS has said the insurrection never left the German borders so Denmark probably sustained pretty well during the crisis.

And what are you talking about, funny flag?! You dare insult the Scandinavian cross? Shame on you!
__CrUsHeR
Let me join the discussion...

Some important considerations about Greenland:

a) The Greenland is considered the largest island in the world, enables the installation of military bases, air bases and radar systems, the big question is not whether Denmark or NAU needs the island for defense or logistics issues, (although they actually need), in fact it should remain under the custody of any of them, (probably remain a Danish State), by a matter of 'do not fall into the hands of the enemy', (Russia).

b ) The territory has plenty of (zinc, lead, iron, ore coal, molybdenum, gold , platinum and uranium), in 1994 was discovered the existence of promising reserves of oil in the region, yet unexplored, these mineral resources influence the current status quo on the island. It should be noted the fact that Japan and China, for example, are in a dangerous diplomatic crisis for much lesser importance islets, so, this issue represents sovereignty above everything else.

c) I imagine the following scenario for future ROTR's events: A pressure on the part of Russia to promote the autonomy of the region at the time that invades the Danish' soil, In return a strong repression by the NAU to ensure that the Island's government not become autonomous pro-Russia - for obivios reasons - in the middle of the game of power the government of Greenland could achieve independence momentarily, however soon after would be occupied by NAU or UK to later be reinstated to Denmark. Probably some treaty between the parties that will be signed cost trade concessions of Denmark.

P.S. In a future that fits within the timescale of the ROTR the polar zones will be explored, and new disputes arise involving the great powers, a similar event will be as the race for rare minerals described in ROTR's events in Africa, this is a fact.
Svea Rike
Quoting MARS: ^^Fan-fiction anyone?
Serialkillerwhale
And what are you talking about, funny flag?! You dare insult the Scandinavian cross? Shame on you!

Honestly my picture of the flag had it somewhat pinkish

Greenland does not seek independence from Denmark^ Right now, Greenland has it better than it ever has before with the help of Denmark and they would probbaly fare worse without them. There seems to be no reason in ROTR-verse where the Greenlanders would want independence with the exception of heavy GLA/Russian propaganda which seems nlikely because GLA does not need Greenland and Russia already has acess to the Arctic Sea.

Because it hasn't been blasted around.
And why would NAU want Greenland? It is a big island with a lot of ice and polar bears. Canada and Alaska are close to the Arctic Ocean and Greenland has nearly no non-scientific value with the exception of airbases for the United States, which (considering that they have floating friggin' fortresses) is probably not needed.

Natural Resources.
Also, MARS has said the insurrection never left the German borders so Denmark probably sustained pretty well during the crisis.

Didn't hear that exact quote before, nevermind then.

Anyway, I added the Borealis AAA and Blizzard AA.
MARS
Gotta admit, some of these unit ideas actually look pretty interesting and legit for a Canadian faction. Sorta gives me the vibe of a Western faction that combines advanced USA levels of technology with Russian style brute force and ruggedness.
__CrUsHeR
I liked the symbolism involving the MBTS from Canada and Russia, perhaps could be some reference in a future fanfiction.
Serialkillerwhale
Beary good idea

*Runs away before the inviteable pain for stating such a horrid pun*
Neo3602
I just finished reading your updated ideas and they are really really good and I would be very happy if I ever got to play as Canada!
Serialkillerwhale
Added Potential faction Camo, color, building style, and symbol.
MARS
A little like this then?
Serialkillerwhale
Aye, I'd have drawn it myself, but I'm a terrible artist.
Neo3602
Is the "Cataclysm Ultra Heavy Artillery Weapon" the Canadian superweapon if so will the barrel be the of the Tremors' gun except with just one giant barrel?
Serialkillerwhale
The Cataclysm is basically a massive cannon, yes, and a superweapon.

What else would have nearly 2 meter wide barrel? Although it's not as generic as "big round muzzle" it's still a big gun.

Just to elaborate on what happens.

You saw Iron Man? The Jericho?

The Cataclysm's so massive it's submunitions are basically jericho missiles.
vemontz
QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 18 Dec 2013, 4:35) *
The Cataclysm is basically a massive cannon, yes, and a superweapon.

What else would have nearly 2 meter wide barrel? Although it's not as generic as "big round muzzle" it's still a big gun.

Just to elaborate on what happens.

You saw Iron Man? The Jericho?

The Cataclysm's so massive it's submunitions are basically jericho missiles.

Russia should be the steamroller faction, why make 2 of them and yours is a better steamroller. USA should also have the best airforce now its this.
Neo3602
QUOTE (vemontz @ 17 Dec 2013, 21:42) *
Russia should be the steamroller faction, why make 2 of them and yours is a better steamroller. USA should also have the best airforce now its this.

Most durable air force =/=most power full airforce
vemontz
QUOTE (Neo3602 @ 18 Dec 2013, 6:19) *
Most durable air force =/=most power full airforce

CF-500 Arrow II: The best Fighter in the damn game. "The Only excuse to not being an ace when flying an Arrow is that you ran out of bogeys"
Then what's this?
Serialkillerwhale
You don't know what the Avro Arrow is do you?
Neo3602
QUOTE (vemontz @ 17 Dec 2013, 22:43) *
Then what's this?

My guess is that is can only target air units and nothing else
Pepo
QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 18 Dec 2013, 7:48) *
You don't know what the Avro Arrow is do you?

if i remenber well it was a cancelled aircraft of canada that incorporated a lot of advanced features,yet the proyect was shut down

i don't however why they should be better than other figthers.it was a good plane, but it wasn't the best plane
Serialkillerwhale
The Avro Arrow was years ahead of it's time. The only in service aircraft that currently exists that could be said to be superior to an arrow, would be the F-22 Raptor.

The Arrow is a Late 1950s plane.
Even right now, we have people scrambling to gather as many parts of the old Arrow as possible, and then modernize it, to create a F-35 replacement.

The Arrow, is about as important to many canadians in their national identity as their victories in the world wars.

Plus, it's gonna be priced at the 2000-3000 range anyway. I just don't like giving exact numbers because I don't know how to balance things.
Serialkillerwhale
Added a method to render infantry tactics absolutely useless, and a secondary economy.
(USA)Bruce
"Should"
Thats whats great about ROTR biggrin.gif
Plus this is just fanfiction, you wont see it effect gameplay abit
Serialkillerwhale
A man can dream can't he?
Serialkillerwhale
Added a few general's powers

SDI Systems: Counters Superweapons and invincible general powers.
Siege Weapons: Unlocks siege options, it takes a point to convince canadians not to get in the enemy's face like a man.

and an upgrade to make deployed units better, but only them.
(USA)Bruce
Whats that falling out of that skyscrapers window?
Oh that would be the amount of ballence in this thread...
Serialkillerwhale
The SDI is essentially a "skillshot" it has a cooldown, just like any other general's power, and simply does what's basically a large explosion, to wipe out enemy superweapons that are already in the air, obivously, there's only a small window of opertunity to use it, and it's a tier-5 power anyway.

The IR sensors, like over half of Canadian upgrades, only take effect when deployed.
Deploying takes a fair bit of time, and the unit cannot fire while doing so, so you have to prepare in advance for an enemy attack.
Serialkillerwhale
Fauxupdateish looking stuff
"The Thunderbird"
*Cheesy Documentary*

CB-5 Thunderbird is one of the many highly durable, high carrying capacity planes made by the Avro Canada, at a monstrous 95mm from wingtip to wingtip, 96 if you add the slightly tilted winglets, the Thunderbird is the largest plane in the world.

The CB-5 acts as both a heavy transport, ferrying the titanic Guardian Tanks to the ECA front, where our european allies are finally getting some serious armor on their side that doesn't cost more than it's weight in gold, as well as relief supplies, ammunition, and anything else the war effort needs to keep it going, the CB-5's size allows it to do all this, and of course, it's more famous job.
Bombing.
*Explosion Noise*
The CB-5, once properly modified to have bomb bays, or just built with them installed, is the world's heaviest bomber, with enough armor protection to the point where one ad, inaccurately, boasted that it would take more bullets than the CB-5 itself can carry to shoot it down. While it was nowhere near that durable, it's heavy armor, 12 Pratt&Whitney TF-37 engines in 4 3-engine pods, each being designed to take a beating before giving in.
*Video of chickens being thrown into an operating engine to be spat out, overcooked and diced out the other end*
PDL hubs mounted in various places on the plane, and a large suite of other countermeasures like flares and chaff, guarantee that in all but the most heavily defended locations, the CB-5 will indeed make it's delivery and come back home.
Said Delivery, is almost always the same, CBU-109 Heavy Cluster Bomb, designed and produced as a joint measure between the 3 nations of the NAU. The CBU-109 is a guided cluster munition, which can be set to scatter at various altitudes, althought most generals agree that the maximum height setting is both pointlessly over-the-top and has caused more miscalculations than anything else. Nevertheless, the CBU-105, in extreme volume, is dropped from the Thunderbird, raining destruction on any target a general orders, once the battle has been given priority over other conflicts.

How does this behemoth make it into the air? It isn't rocket science...........oh wait it is.
The CB-5 takes off from runways meant for smaller aircraft like the C-17, B-52 or B-1, using rockets to speed it's acceleration, as well as other rockets to slow it down for landing, although the primary CB-5 airbase, in northern Manitoba, which has runways large enough for the colossus to rely on it's engine's alone.
*Uplifting music plays as various shots of the CB-5 are shown*
The CB-5, bringing freedom, one ton at a time.
*Credits*

Note that this is inaccurate, exaggerated, stupid, and mostly meant for the lowest common denominator.
It can eat birds in it's engines without crashing however.
ComradeCrimson
As a snowman who dwells within the nation your making this faction out of, and someone who has a far bit of knowledge of it's military ( I got lots of buds in armed) you are right on the ruggedness and assault mentality for the ground forces, and I like the idea of outposts.

However I would make it so that you focus the gameplay on expansion and a "infrastructure" Sort of mentality. Have a fair bit of support helicopters and light vehicles to carry and transport troops, and have these outposts upgradeable either into Observation stations (Which give a fair bit line of sight and stealth detection capabilities) Fuel stations/supply stations (Repairs units for the most bit and can also act as a drop off point for resource gatherers, but cannot make any units itself) and a guardpost, which is essentially a beefed up version of a watchtower essentially where about 5 infantry can garrison and it increases the attack power of surrounding units.

Canada's military focuses on relatively rugged troops who can both assault and hold ground, and their military focuses on mobility/support. While the Americans is more shock and awe, and the Europeans is more of defence, a Canadian army is defending a vast territory with varied climates, so it'd focus on ways to exert security on an area and supply units. So in essence the Canadians focus on economical expansion to help support it's armies and economy, and the use of outposts would play a fair role. I'd also not go for a large power plant as thats more of the ECA's bill, they'd probably want something portable and economically inclined to support their army on the vast frontier that is their homeland, as well as abroad. So maybe instead of the fusion power plants,

you get Fusion generators or some form of generator: These are stemmed from upgrading the outpost. So each outpost you have a choice of making it either a military defencive point, an economic dropbox/repair zone, or a stealth detecting reconnaissance tower, and finally, a generator that would give power output and be relatively cheap. Like an outpost might cost about 600 to build on it's own, and as it stands alone it gives some line of sight and have the machine gun emplacements/turrets. You upgrade it for about 500 each upgrade, roughly, to give it different capabilities.

As for the production centers, probably along the lines you were thinking, very GDI like and such seems pretty fitting.

The aircraft thing I am not entirely sure of, I think lighter variations of planes that are meant for recon and quick anti air and ground are optimal, more so anti air (we could see an air to air Avro Arrow reborn, where it uses super sonic speed to basically launch off a missile to skim and screw the enemy planes) with more rugged, support functioned helicopters on the side. Less so of the meaty gunships the Russians have and more in the line of thinking of maybe laying traps/mines or delivering units or support equipment. Like maybe temporary beacons to reveal stealth units or such. Helicopters that essentially act as healers, recon or transports more so then directly fighters. Maybe have Canada have a more modified version of the Chinook, where it has different functions. Resource gatherers as large trucks seems alright to me.
Overall, this would give Canada more unique Airforce: The United States is more of shock and awe strikes and such as well as air dominance, Russia is more of rugged, brutal gun support and bombing, ECA is more of a flexible anti ground force for the most bit, GLA is just cheap and spammable and China is all about versatility and pure assault with some specialized support.

Canada would have a more distinct anti air approach combat wise, as it relies on it's airforce to counter other air, as it needs something to cover large distances and respond quick enough to enemy air power. And it needs that logistical helping hand the support helicopters provide and falls in the flavour of actual Canadian armed forces.

Units wise im not going to delve into that any more then I have. Just my two cents as a citizen of said nation your basing this off.
Serialkillerwhale
The large power plant is a pragmatic choice. given the "Everything has a machine gun" flavor, a larger war-factory sized reactor would solve the problem of people using massed reactors as a machine gun nest without making lone reactors RPG bait.

The emphasis on expanding base is just that, instead of building a base, canadian forces just turn into one, which, given our large landmass, would help us. therefore a force can effectively turn into a base in the field, with less resources than an pile of bulldozers, with only very few buildings having to be sold (Heck i'm thinking we should have a upgrade that increases gains from sold buildings) where temporary bases that pack up and continue moving as the center of an offensive is how things work.

As for the gunship the existance of such a bigass gunship is mostly due to the real-life capabilities of the canadian-made CRV7 (Maybe I'll rename it CRV8 to remind us we're in the fyoooture), the world's most powerful rocket pod.
The Kainai is meant to complement the Mohawk, it's autocannon being highly effective against the only units likely to survive a mohawk's barrage, and it's anti-air protecting the mohawk from enemy gunships.

The outpost is a very good idea, I'll have to mull it over alot.

And to think of it, the Mohawk does have a "Tank/Support" role, taking out enemy AAA so allies, like the US could bring in the bombs, while it's ruggedness lets it take a hit or 2 (if elite/heroic) from the AAA before going down.

As for the lack of recon was, despite realism, the big "Weakness" of the faction. the only true "Fast" unit is the Arrow 2, which costs more than a truckload of gold (just kidding, but it still costs in the $2000+ Range), means you have to make guesses around the fog of war.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.