Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fanfiction |Alternative Reality| #01 - Behind the Walls
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds > Theatre of War
__CrUsHeR
NOTE: I created this fanfiction, (possibly a series of fanfictions), with the goal of designing an alternative way, (I do not aim to transform it into something canon), of how could be a Balkan Confederation in terms of lorewise and faction, (The Balkans is an interesting region and it's fun imagine how it would your army, politics, etc...) I would like to emphasize that this fanfiction is not related to the work of @The General - which at first seem to be canon in ROTR - so it is something independent, created just for fun. happy.gif
---------------

Athens, Greece, December 15, 2047

"Good afternoon citizens. We're interrupting your routine programming to bring the latest news about the fate of our Confederation." "The bellicose accusations that in the beginning seemed to be just a clash between the government and the opposition gained strength in the recent months after the President Dorjan visit Moscow to address political issues in common with your Comrade, President Suvorov." "What we saw after this event was the increase of pro-Russia rhetoric on the streets of metropolises, and slogans are chanted by the young igniting a nationalist spirit in the people." "What will happen from now on is uncertain but what can be said is that the army is being mobilized and the fact that the aircrafts were flying over our heads already became something usual." "We will now hear a young man... what you have to say to people about the future of our Confederation?" "I would say for you who are watching me that this is the the voice of people is the voice of the government and this manifestation is an apology for the freedom of Balkans's people!" "Do not be afraid to come to the streets, we shall soon be marching side by side with our Slavs brothers towards Western Europe, so they're going to know that behind the wall has emerged one empire!" "For honor, glory and pride, save the Balkan Confederation!" ... "Thank you for your participation. This seems to be the feeling that contagious much of Eastern Europe in recent years, especially our people... anytime we can be back with more information, stay tuned and see you later."

Here are some of the hardwares that make up the great Balkans Army, enjoy.

Nuclear Fusion Reactor

The Nuclear Fusion Reactors produced by Balkan Confederation are very secure and advanced, however only in 2025 that nuclear fusion has become an effective method to produce the energy, that makes the ECA member states, China and USA, with longer research in the area and investments over the years the largest energy producers in the world until today.

War Factory

The Balkan's War Factory are some of the more advanceds of today, within these walls of solid concrete and steel light and heavy vehicles are assembled with speed through an automated process that involves high technology, some experts of the industry speak in an assembly process superior to Americans, others at twice the speed of an ECA's War Factory. The only thing that is factual about this complex is the fact that service does not lack for employees who manufacture 24 hours per day war weapons filling the parking lots across the Confederation.

Voivod Tank

In 2043 after a consortium among the major defense industries of the Balkan Confederation had beginning a secret project for the construction of a new MBT able to serve the interests of the Balkan states - in 2045 was born the OT-113 Voivod Tank as a result of the project. Although it is mainly based on the latest version of the German Leopard Tank, the Voivod is smaller and weighs less -15 tons lightest - thus it's faster without losing the armor level, the crew is limited to two men due to integrated advanced systems and the biggest difference between the two vehicles is in the main armament: the Voivod is equipped with a 120mm smoothbore cannon of regional origem. Currently the Confederation has total of 3500 Voivods at the army's disposal but the production lines are able to manufacture a ten of thousand in case of an war outbreak according to sources close to the government.

Heavy Bot Titan

The renowned corporation Tymphaeatech began in 2030 studies for the creation of a machine capable of performing heavy services for man, initially we tried to create a completely autonomous robot, however the project was not successful, after a few scientists receive authorization to cross the wall to the Western side of Europe, for a scientific interchange, on a visit to ESA for studied thoroughly some recent spacesuit produced; when the team returned to Greece designed the CTJ-22 Heavy Bot Titan, that actually not incorporates the same technological ESA's burden, because the nanotechnology necessary for the development of something more modern still not within the reach of Tymphaeatech's scientists. The Titan moves over the ground due to six propulsion jet engines which carries, can collect resources with its magnetic tweezers, build structures and repair damaged vehicles with their welding equipments, besides the most is a highly secure module against biological agents, toxins and radiation.

BTW: the images are from the game Earth 2160.
EDIT: I corrected the erroneous references in lore - in the fact that Hungary will not join the Confederation - although it has some importance for the future.
Maxner12
Except that Hungary isn't part of the Balkans at all, and we are not actually slavs, but more related to the people of Finland. And we love Russia as much as the poles (especially now that the current PM sold the country to Putin again). But these are minor things overall.
What I question is how the Balkans region have access to such advanced technology firsthand? Especially that they are close allies to Russia and would rather be supplied by russians
Nemanja
I would not like to be Hungarian reading this...It would be quite insulting.
Maxner12
QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 6 Feb 2014, 9:18) *
I would not like to be Hungarian reading this...It would be quite insulting.

Well yeah, I am Hungarian and what is this
MARS
Right, Hungary is not part of the Balkan countries, neither geographically nor politically. In the setting, it is actually an ally (not a member) of the ECA and swore allegiance to the Europeans at the start of WWIII which is why the Russians invaded Hungary as well. The only thing canon about the Balkans at this time is TG's original fic on the creation of the BC, which mainly served to provide some explanation as to how Serbia annexed most of former Yugoslavia and formed a pro-Russian alliance with Greece, Romania and Bulgaria because I hadn't really dealt with that myself. I am very much inclined to simply leave it like that at this point because I don't want this to develop into a literal side-plot that grows and grows to the point where its gravity would start having an actual effect on the main story.
The General
It looks interasting, altough highly unlikely. The interests of Hungary are clear, they are pro-ECA altough they left them all alone. I don't understand why, but they still are.

In my fanfictions, Balkan has no intentions to spread to the North, at least not yet.

Anyway, Hungary could have some sort of cooperation with BC, but they couldn't expect to be an equal. The lack of friend-ish relations with Russia also drive BC and Hungary further apart.
And besides, in the middle of the war, neither side has extra resources nor time to help them develop.

P.S. Serbs and Greeks are not Slavic brothers either, but we are still closer than with some Slavs ( eg. Poland, altough the people are kinda friendly towards eachother, we dissagree on many key things ).
EDIT: For the matter of fact, many Serbs i know like both Russia and Greece the most.
MARS
From what I understand, the BC's cultural brotherhood and its affinity towards Russia would be based more on orthodox christianity than pan-slavic sentiment (which, as already mentioned, doesn't really work for Greece and Romania) and a mutual feeling of resentment towards the ECA for kicking them out of what used to be the EU. Hungary and Slovakia might have remained pro-ECA either due to the catholic connection or the fact that they seem to be involved with Poland/the Czech Republic via the Visegrad forum, but were left out of the ECA at first due to its western-centric leadership or their own domestic politics. On that subject, I would actually imagine that there are multiple regional sub-divisions within the ECA where various neighbouring states have consolidated some aspects of their political business on a mutual basis. A sort of nordic, central, mediterranean and eastern bloc with the aforementioned Visegrad group comes to mind. This would be a sort of compromise between the top-heavy pseudo-democratic federation that was the late in-universe EU and a full return to absolute national sovereignty.
__CrUsHeR
Ok, actually I made some mistakes involving politics and geography within the fictitious configuration, then I'll try to fix it. And thanks for the review.
EDIT: I corrected the minimal erroneous references in lore - in the fact that Hungary will not join the Confederation - although it has some importance for the future.
__CrUsHeR
QUOTE (Maxner12 @ 6 Feb 2014, 5:59) *
Except that Hungary isn't part of the Balkans at all, and we are not actually slavs, but more related to the people of Finland. And we love Russia as much as the poles (especially now that the current PM sold the country to Putin again). But these are minor things overall.
What I question is how the Balkans region have access to such advanced technology firsthand? Especially that they are close allies to Russia and would rather be supplied by russians

In this configuration they are a kind of "opposite of ECA", or at least try to be, it would be like Russia and the USA in the Cold War trying to compete technologically, but in fact as described in the lore they have failed to develop the same technological level - by lack of specific technologies and knowledge in certain segments - while they are financed by Russia - allies - to develop national industry, for this reason they have the primaries weapons domestically manufactured, but surely keeps a reserve of Russian weapons. The Confederation weapons are modern in fact, many of them reproduce Eastern Europe weapons, but also incorporate elements of Ukrainian and Russian origin - traditional weapons in their armies. The Balkan army is relatively small - much smaller than the ECA, for example - however adopts modern national armaments.
The General
Balkan's actions in Eastern Europe are going to be written in accordance with the cannon story, while other stories about Balkan won't.

Balkan is a second-class world power and a regional superpower, but it's involvement outside the Russia - ECA war isn't important for the cannon story, because it's following Russia, ECA and USA.
So we can assume that everything which doesn't have an effect on the world war won't be cannon, but it will be there to further describe the united Balkan, in which, again, the cannon isn't that interasted.

EDIT: Even after the cannon story ends, i will probably continue to make my own version of an ending which will give a bigger role to Balkan.
__CrUsHeR
QUOTE (The General @ 6 Feb 2014, 10:56) *
Balkan's actions in Eastern Europe are going to be written in accordance with the cannon story, while other stories about Balkan won't.

Balkan is a second-class world power and a regional superpower, but it's involvement outside the Russia - ECA war isn't important for the cannon story, because it's following Russia, ECA and USA.
So we can assume that everything which doesn't have an effect on the world war won't be cannon, but it will be there to further describe the united Balkan, in which, again, the cannon isn't that interasted.

EDIT: Even after the cannon story ends, i will probably continue to make my own version of an ending which will give a bigger role to Balkan.

In fact, I understand that the MARS has good reason to prioritize the core factions of the game for obvious reasons, but still there is a "peripheral world" around the the main factions of the game. And something like the Balkan Confederation undoubtedly be an important element in the regional context.

I'll try to continue this series of fanfictions doing an alternative retrospect of events and proceeding more slowly with future events to maintain a certain level of concordance.
The General
QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 6 Feb 2014, 16:09) *
In fact, I understand that the MARS has good reason to prioritize the core factions of the game for obvious reasons, but still there is a "peripheral world" around the the main factions of the game. And something like the Balkan Confederation undoubtedly be an important element in the regional context.

I'll try to continue this series of fanfictions doing an alternative retrospect of events and proceeding more slowly with future events to maintain a certain level of concordance.

I agree.
However, that's probably why they left so many 'loose ends' when it comes to other countries, so anyone who has an interest in it can make a story about them.
I regret that i haven't joined the forum back when the SWR was looking for suggestions, because then there would be a chance for Balkan and certan other countries to get more involved in the cannon story.

Looking forward to it comrade.
Maybe we can even work together on the post-cannon stories if you're interasted.
__CrUsHeR
QUOTE (The General @ 6 Feb 2014, 11:26) *
I agree.
However, that's probably why they left so many 'loose ends' when it comes to other countries, so anyone who has an interest in it can make a story about them.
I regret that i haven't joined the forum back when the SWR was looking for suggestions, because then there would be a chance for Balkan and certan other countries to get more involved in the cannon story.

Looking forward to it comrade.
Maybe we can even work together on the post-cannon stories if you're interasted.

Undoubtedly, it would be great doing this together, after all you know better than I the political situation of the region, culture, etc... Thanks for the offer.
Red Hood
QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 6 Feb 2014, 14:35) *
Undoubtedly, it would be great doing this together, after all you know better than I the political situation of the region, culture, etc... Thanks for the offer.

Well if your expanding some lore or working on something about BC,i can help too
__CrUsHeR
QUOTE (Yamato_95 @ 6 Feb 2014, 11:54) *
Well if your expanding some lore or working on something about BC,i can help too

Cool, I have in mind to continue with this fanfiction segment about BC, however the extent that the lore is becoming something more complex I'll need help, opinions and suggestions. When I prepare the next part I will send to you and @The General the content before posting for possible revisions.

Where do you live?
Red Hood
QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 6 Feb 2014, 15:06) *
Cool, I have in mind to continue with this fanfiction segment about BC, however the extent that the lore is becoming something more complex I'll need help, opinions and suggestions. When I prepare the next part I will send to you and @The General the content before posting for possible revisions.

Where do you live?

In Republic of Serbska
__CrUsHeR
QUOTE (Yamato_95 @ 6 Feb 2014, 12:13) *
In Republic of Serbska

Very good, makes you someone theoretically able to help me. smile.gif
Red Hood
QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 6 Feb 2014, 15:15) *
Very good, makes you someone theoretically able to help me. smile.gif

Sure,just lett me know if you need anything
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.