Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rise of the Reds Blog Update 2
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds > Frontline News
MARS
In today's Blog Update, we would like to show you some more visual improvements we have applied to the GLA. This time, the Technicals, which are now based on newer (in relative terms) vehicles from the 1980s and 90s.

Tired of the vanilla weapons on the Technicals? So were we, which is why we replaced them with new ones. As of v1.85, the Technicals will start out with an M2 .50 cal, which will be replaced by a heavy Dushka after the first and a 105mm recoilless rifle after the second salvage upgrade.

You can also find our new official SWR YouTube channel below. It'll contain trailers, teasers and various other media as well as recordings of our livestreams, the introduction of which you can find here:

Cracky
NICE, especially the weapons and i like the third variant.
Planardweller
Great news, congratulations!
X1Destroy
It's already midnight here, like most of other updates.

Though not much stuffs was shown, I like the new Technical. Definitely a big improvement.
Shiro
Overhauled versions of the original technicals and even 3 outright new versions? Awesome!
Red Hood
Nice,new versions are awesome.
Svea Rike
Ain't that recoilles rifle gonna blow a hole in the operator's stomach? Also, proudly your first subscriber on YouTube!

EDIT: I see what you did there with the license plate, SWR...
The_Hunter
QUOTE (swedishplayer-97 @ 23 Feb 2014, 20:51) *
Ain't that recoilles rifle gonna blow a hole in the operator's stomach?

Allow me to conviently quote myself from moddb:

Figured someone would say that as soon as we posted this but considering that the original upgrade was a rocket launcher which was held and used in exactly the same manner i didn't realy have any fucks left to give about it tongue.gif
Basilisx
Oh wow, so many new Techis. really nice models.

As I can see there shouldn't be a problem with the recoilless rifle, because it is actually closed in the back tongue.gif

looking forward to pop 5 terrorists out of the impovised low rider cabrio from thin air ...pure magic biggrin.gif

I never subscribed to any Youtube things, but your channel should be the first thing I would like to subscribe to. Looking forward for new things soon there.
SPS Barbarossa
Love the one with the sawn-off roof.

The shell casings on the gunners floor are a neat detail.

Are there any plans for adding a weapons team (with recoiless rifle) for the GLA in the way that China and US have the disruptor team and javelin team.
Dangerman
Nice variations, glad to see six of them.

BTW I thought there was going to be another stream this afternoon?
Pickysaurus
QUOTE (Basilisx @ 23 Feb 2014, 19:24) *
looking forward to pop 5 terrorists out of the impovised low rider cabrio from thin air ...pure magic biggrin.gif

It'll look less convertible with the gun on it...
Karpet
I love that sixth variant.
W00t, now the streams are gonna be on YouTube.
The_Hunter
QUOTE (Dangerman @ 23 Feb 2014, 22:32) *
Nice variations, glad to see six of them.

BTW I thought there was going to be another stream this afternoon?

No its been stated before that official streams will start on the 9th of march.
Mr.Kim
6 new technicals? I8.gif

"My reaction"

Also, I noticed some funny things. OYO(not sure what is it) and UR Base.
Emin96
new technicall nice update.im looking forward for other new gla updates.good work SWR
Tornado
Im soooooo Eager to Play GLA New Modifications 8llaniflip.gif 8llaniflip.gif 8llaniflip.gif 8llaniflip.gif 8llaniflip.gif 8llaniflip.gif
__CrUsHeR
Really cool variants, I would never expect it, sexy improvements. mindfuck.gif
Banisher of Hope
QUOTE (Pickysaurus @ 23 Feb 2014, 14:47) *
It'll look less convertible with the gun on it...

I never really thought about where the troops sit as I rarely play as GLA and when I do I don't use Technicals as anything but spam.
Will you be able to see them sit somewhere in those models? or just magic?
Nemanja
You guys are crazy,I mean...Speechless...Wow...
This is what GLA was meant to be.Epic.
Two questions,as usual,
it doesn't seem that 5 people would fit inside,how many passenger slots will these have ?
Would Dushka be able to shoot at air targets ?
Shiro
QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 23 Feb 2014, 22:11) *
it doesn't seem that 5 people would fit inside,how many passenger slots will these have ?

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 23 Feb 2014, 22:11) *
Would Dushka be able to shoot at air targets ?

No.
PiratesYarrr
An infantry 'team' for the GLA seems abit too organised for the GLA, I am not sure it would fit with their faction aesthetic.
Karpet
QUOTE (Banisher of Hope @ 23 Feb 2014, 22:06) *
I never really thought about where the troops sit as I rarely play as GLA and when I do I don't use Technicals as anything but spam.
Will you be able to see them sit somewhere in those models? or just magic?

I think the GLA use teleportation technology
Just look at the tunnel network
BliTTzZ
The video blinks again, unfortunately.
Mr.Kim
It's same video from Twitch channel.
BliTTzZ
Ah, okay. I wasn't watched the first video due to mentioned problem before.
Comr4de
In case you haven't read we've already addressed the blinking issue for the next videos so you won't have to deal with the eyestrain anymore XD.gif
wb21
Seems they got the "body work" they deserve...and no more undersized Technical vans! biggrin.gif
Rohan

I have to admit but this is just inhuman and out worldly. I mean the level of detail, the lore and the vast creativity goes beyond the realm of outstanding. The recent updates make ROTR 1.85 not deserve a 10 rating but even beyond. And why do you ask ? It's because ROTR has finally forced me to honorably respect the GLA Faction which was the worst faction in my opinion in ROTR 1.802. Considering all the variants, the details and the new salvage mechanics, I might finally start playing the GLA with joy and respect.

P.S: Sorry for the rant, But seeing this would make anyone rant. tongue.gif
J Y fortress
GLA 'technical' now actually become technical...
foxhoundx7
You Know The Technicals now looks like the Technicals from the Black Hawk Down Movie. like the Trucks or the Sedans.

BTW Are these Blog Updates only on Sundays?.
The_Hunter
The blog updates are whenever we feel like it tongue.gif
The General
It looks great, so many details. biggrin.gif
Rohan

Is it just me but doesn't the Youtube video look a bit low quality compared to the Twitch Video ? blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.