Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rise of the Reds Blog Update 6
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds > Frontline News
The_Hunter
Greetings erveryone here is an other blog update for you all!

As of recently we have decided to reorganize a few of the russian generals powers by doing the following:
the Russian Armor Reserves drop will now be a Rank 5 power and will switch places with the Blackout Node. (which will now be availible at rank 3)

while we are still working out the exact details for the improved armor reserves (to make it rank 5 worthy) one paticulair detail we can allready spoil for you all:

As of version 1.85 rhinos can be upgraded with ERA and they also received a nice new paint job.

And as always i would like to remind all of you out there that there will be an other stream on this Sunday (march 23rd):

hope to see you all there!

Composite armour
T5 airborne power?

I'm interested.
Nemanja
Armor reserve as a Tier 5 GP ?!?! Well I am really intrigued,I can't wait to see how it would actually be improved,
since now although really cool idea on paper in practice it doesn't perform that well,I mean it is tedious as hell to point and click
in the heat of lagging at time of when you are sending columns of armor at enemy doorstep...And there's a bug that empties your vehicles...
Nevertheless,these new models look gorgeous.
The_Hunter
QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 23 Mar 2014, 4:13) *
And there's a bug that empties your vehicles...

That paticulair problem has allready been token care of and no longer occurs wink.gif
Neo3602
Sounds interesting, I look foreword to more information about the changes.
Admiral*Alex
frank question but this looks the same as the rhino in 1.8002 so what did you guys do to it?
Knossos
I think that the T64 previously didn't have ERA.
BliTTzZ
Hm, looks like it will have even more airdropped vehicles. Eight, or something biggrin.gif
By the way, conscript drop needs more love, too. May be shorter cooldown, or more troops (perhaps a few RPG conscripts)?
BLGMGL
QUOTE (BliTTzZ @ 23 Mar 2014, 11:56) *
Hm, looks like it will have even more airdropped vehicles. Eight, or something biggrin.gif
By the way, conscript drop needs more love, too. May be shorter cooldown, or more troops (perhaps a few RPG conscripts)?

Where's the LIKE button for that???!!! mindfuck.gif
Cracky
Nothing Special, but it's good.
TheHellGeneral
Awesome update keep the good work.
X1Destroy
Like it. Now with ERA, the Rhino won't be taken out easily like before.

And vehicle drop is now a rank 5 GP? I hope that there will be more tanks to make it worthwhile, since when you got to rank 5 it's already late game where 2 armies are constantly spamming like there is no tomorrow.
Knjaz.
QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 23 Mar 2014, 10:34) *
Like it. Now with ERA, the Rhino won't be taken out easily like before.

And vehicle drop is now a rank 5 GP? I hope that there will be more tanks to make it worthwhile, since when you got to rank 5 it's already late game where 2 armies are constantly spamming like there is no tomorrow.

That's a valid concern, and it was already mentioned in our internal discussions. After all, the main reason for making those 2 GPs switch places was BNs being considered highly inferior to EMP bomb/Scrambler/Protocols/TMD in the way they were affecting the game de-facto.

It is getting an increase in size in addition to Rhinos getting ERA upgrade - and of course, since it's the first draft of Rank5 Armored Reserves, they're open for future balance changes.
Seth
Will this change already be in today's stream?
Knjaz.
Unfortunately, no.
Unless Hunter suddenly releases a next internal build in next hour or two.
Seth
Anyway, I look forward to see more Blackout Nodes now. I always found them really interesting, but most games I watched, especially 1vs1, didn't get to Rank 5.
Dangerman
Since armored reserves are now a 5GP power, wouldn't it just be better to merge them with the Conscript drop?
Mr.Kim
QUOTE (BliTTzZ @ 22 Mar 2014, 22:56) *

I believe that's nothing gonna change.
Knjaz.
QUOTE (Dangerman @ 23 Mar 2014, 19:03) *
Since armored reserves are now a 5GP power, wouldn't it just be better to merge them with the Conscript drop?

They're called "Armored Reserves" for a reason, not a "VDV Drop rank 4". smile.gif
Chuck Kawosky
I loved the way he captured those Golems. Make them neutral (empty) and then anyone can capture them!
GeneralCamo
Are the tanks at least going to be manned by default? Because it wouldn't be a useful T5 power if they weren't.
MARS
The power is still designed to be used in conjunction with the Conscript Drop so they'll probably not be manned. Make no mistake: Adding more units to the drop will make it a serious ad-hoc fighting force and there should be at least a little bit of effort required to make proper use of it. Plus, we also want to retain the option of gifting these units to an ally.
Banisher of Hope
QUOTE (MARS @ 27 Mar 2014, 2:54) *
The power is still designed to be used in conjunction with the Conscript Drop so they'll probably not be manned. Make no mistake: Adding more units to the drop will make it a serious ad-hoc fighting force and there should be at least a little bit of effort required to make proper use of it. Plus, we also want to retain the option of gifting these units to an ally.

I like it like this, makes it a unique power and much more versatile. Plus with some anti-air(maybe) it will be awesomely powerful.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.