Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rise of the Reds Blog Update 7
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds > Frontline News
The_Hunter

First flown in 1952 and introduced as the standard strategic bomber of the United States Air Force in 1955, the B52 Stratofortress proudly holds the title of the oldest military aircraft in service. While decades of attrition, doctrinal changes, budget cuts and the introduction of newer, more advanced aircraft have reduced the fleet of active B52s to little more than two hundred by the time America entered the Third World War, the 'Big, Ugly, Fat Fucker' still serves as the blunt, hard-hitting sledgehammer in support of many US ground operations and strategic bombing campaigns. Its payload bay can carry up to 31.500kg worth of bombs in various shapes and sizes which are generally more than enough to eradicate anything from an armoured battalion to an entire industrial district in a single run.

The Repair Drone has been procured in an effort to reduce the costly logistical footprint of America's mechanised engineering units. Aside from maintaining other drones and ground vehicles in the field, it is also equipped with a set of sensors and tools for explosive ordnance disposal.

And as always i would like to remind all of you out there that there will be an other stream on this Sunday (April 6th):
(Also for those who noticed the stream does not start an hour earlier its just that GMT does not change to the summer time)

Hecthor Doomhammer
It's about time for that stream!
TheHellGeneral
Democracy laugh.gif
wb21
Buff now looks even more buffed up. beer1.gif
Looking forward to the next livestream tomorrow local time.
Nemanja
Wait so this RD model is made by EA ? How many of unused ZH units can be found in files ?
X1Destroy
I think I've seen that repair drone somewhere before. Not sure where though.

Why didn't you guys leave the golden skins of the B52 back? aw.gif
Darky
QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 6 Apr 2014, 12:53) *

It's in Shockwave, for General Alexander.
Knossos
QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 6 Apr 2014, 18:53) *
Wait so this RD model is made by EA ? How many of unused ZH units can be found in files ?

GLA Arsenal Generals

USA Arsenal Generals

China Arsenal Generals

Just look at the "cut content" of each template.
Nemanja
QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 6 Apr 2014, 12:53) *

Why didn't you guys leave the golden skins of the B52 back? aw.gif

ZH Reborn maybe ?

Probably because they wanted it to look more like 100 years old aircraft,old one looked too much polished.
The_Hunter
Initialy i actualy made it with that golden/bronze color but it simply didn't look that good and i fiddled around with it untill it looked like this one smile.gif
Karpet
I think I remember a similar drone from ZH Destructive Forces mod. I look forward to using it to repair my paladin breakthrough teams.
Oliver
The Big, Ugly and Fat Fellow now looks too beautiful to be called that.. It makes the other bombers look ugly! biggrin.gif
Shiro
Pretty interesting that the USA still uses the same aircraft from almost 100 years ago.
GeneralCamo
That thing is supposed to remain in full service until the 2050s. Clearly budget cuts made this thing (in the ROTR universe) go past that date. I mean, there are a ton of unused aircraft in the "Boneyard" that could just be repaired if really needed.

Do remember that that model is upgraded often, but it is quite a good aircraft. It really tells a lot about the manufacturing and technological level if the same plane participates in testing, several of the proxy wars in the Cold War, the current conflicts, and even WWIII (In the ROTR universe).
TornadoADV
The B-52 has been able to remain as one of the major players because of it's ability to use the newest technology. Air launched cruise missiles, glass cockpits, most advanced ECM in the fleet (Same used in the SOCOM Commando Talons).
Emin96
awesome smile.gif
__CrUsHeR
The B-52 preserved the essence of a century ago - cool smile.gif - but the Repair Drone could have received additional details to transform it alongside the other drones, as the Mule Drone eg that is centuries ahead of this drone in terms of quality. Good update.
Serialkillerwhale
Seriously? A repair drone?

You couldn't let it sneak up to enemies and implant a remote control chip into their brain to turn them into sleeper agents?

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame!

On the less insane note, great BUFF skin and yay repair drone!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.