Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Arctic Front.
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds > Theatre of War
Serialkillerwhale
Prime Minister Aaron Williams succeeded Anne Hamilton on the platform of national pride, economy, and not a small amount of Fearmongering over overt Russian attempts to take over the entire Arctic.

With the nation already tired of being seen as "The 51rst state", he capitalized on it, alongside promises to fund the development the "Arrow II" Fighter to replace the flawed F-35, calling back to the original Avro Arrow, a symbol of Canada's potential, it took only a public speaker with enough Charisma, the potential of a second Arrow, and the massive boost to the Canadian Economy the Oil sands have proven to be, to win the Election.

Aaron, to the surprise of the entire cynics, kept his promises to the letter, if not the spirit. He funded the Arrow II, which proved to be the only true competitor to the Raptor, modernized and developed Canada's Military beyond the Hand-me-downs from the US, having modernized the Crusader into the less provocatively named Nanuk, the world's second most powerful MBT after the American Paladin, and topped it with the massive Guardian and the even more massive Thunderbird, all of which were supposedly only built with new funding, but in actuality, were already finished and ready partway through Anne Hamilton's tennure, but held back as a PR ploy, both to make his calls seem more legitimate, and their results more noticeable and immediate.

With new Funding, and a basis of already built designs, the Canadian army was modernized seemingly overnight, and it seems, just in time for Russia's attack on the ECA.

2 Days after President William Bradford had called the US into action, Aaron Williams had mobilized the Canadians. Aaron had merely a few words to say.
"There is nothing left to say, we are not responsible for the seeds of Suvorov' evil empire, that was the Americans, but we stood by them, we stood by, and we did nothing as they called their army back, we stood by and we did nothing as the world shifted and the Russians took over most of the Arctic, including land that was rightfully Canadian! We stood by, but no more. Today I ask only that we take the fight to the enemy, that we stand idle no more, Today I ask Canada, to not as before, be a mere bystander, but aid our Neighbors, Our Allies, and our king.

While a short speech, it was enough, just barely so, to prepare the army, as the Speachwriter was caught flat-footed. The full speech, spoken to the newly dubbed Canadian Expeditionary Force, was much longer and more grandiose.

Aaron Williams had insisted on personally seeing off the CER in Nunavut.

Prime Minister Aaron stood on a makeshift stage, he had insisted that the main speech be to the soldiers, a PR stunt that he would later regret. He began in his usual "Low startup, excessively loud ending."
America's Hat, the 51rst state. That is what people think of, when they think of Canada, yet it is not words, but deeds, which shape a Nation's legacy. Look to the past, and what do you see of our Nation's leagcy?
Above all else, our legacy was born in war, we won the war of 1812, torched the white house, and we kept our nation safe from American conquest, yet it was with British aid. They no longer wanted to pay the prices of keeping a colony,
of defending it, of jealously guarding it from others who wanted our riches, so they called their soldiers back, and told us to form our own army. Yet they gave us no weapons, no training, and with almost no veterans to teach the recruits.
It was an army in name only, barely armed and green, and it's time came, in the War to end all wars.

4 Canadian divisions fought 47 german ones, beat 47 german divisions. Vimy Ridge, where the British and the French failed, we took the ridge, we won the battle! Yet our testing, the green, unarmed man, has yet to finish his tour of duty.

Once more, war called, and as the greatest war in history raged, once more we were called, this 51rst state, this oversized colony, to fight. As the end of the war drew near, we stormed Juno beach, against all odds, we pushed forwards.
Despite the impossbility of the task, we pushed the furthest of all the armies that day.

Yes, against the Russians, we are outnumbered, but that matters not. A canadian is worth 12 germans, 4 divisions of us, against 47 of germans, and we won, The russians? It took 16 russians kill a single german. It's just math.
A Canadian is worth 12 Germans, a German is worth 16 Russians, so each canadian, is worth 192 Russians! We sent 3 Regiment to the north, to push further, to take what the British, and the French could not!
Can the Russians send 588 Regiments to stop us? We ask this, and we know the answer, We will prevail once more! The world is consumed by war and this belittled 51rst state will once more leave it's mark on the world, it's legacy.

Our sons and daughters, their children, and the generations after them will look to their nation, they will ask "Why am I proud of my nation?" They will think of you.
They will remember your deeds, you will shape what the future will think of us, you will write history with your actions! What will you do? Will you fight? Will you Prevail?

The resounding cry from the assembled soldiers, was various versions of Yes, in English and French, wordless cheers and other loud noises.
Serialkillerwhale
Basically a explanation of the whole "canada as a faction" thing I did.
It's roughly implied that Aaron is right-wing while Anne Hamilton is Left-wing which 2 of the 3 parties (Because the greens are basically Zoidberg) they're a part of is left unclear on purpose.

Don't just say "It sucks" I know it's awkward, but I'm a bad writer.
MARS
I do actually kinda like it and there's not gonna be any official contradiction to the possibility of Canada joining the war in Europe as well, simply because the Canadians have that amazing reputation of utterly tearing the shit out of anything that stands in their way as evidenced during the WW1 and 2. I would also imagine that their experience as cold weather fighters would make a difference against Russian forces in Scandinavia or hell, even some limited Russian incursion in Greenland.
X1Destroy
Not bad at all, if you ask me.
__CrUsHeR
Dude, just great! I loved the speech of the Prime Minister and his optimism with the Canadians, very good, hope to read more fan-fictions with this quality.
Serialkillerwhale
Hmmm, Positive respo-WHEN THE HELL DID YOU TURN INTO GANDALF
__CrUsHeR
^Gandalf is a character that pleases me very much within several created by Tolkien - is a powerful mage over a thousand years that the port light on the tip of his staff against the darkness of Loki, is a friend of the free races and a wise that can make a difference in the final battle - I like his style and his legacy. wink.gif
Serialkillerwhale
Annnnnd I just realized I made a typo on the title.

Joy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.