Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rise of the Reds Blog Update 8
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds > Frontline News
The_Hunter

This one is more of a technical change, so I'll keep this factual to get the point across. It has come to our attention that the VDV General Power causes a noticeable lag spike due to the fact that the BMD-4 had two mutually exclusive upgrades, the Sprut tank destroyer and the mortar cannon variant. In order to deal with this issue, we are adding a 'new' vehicle, the BMD-1 and split the two upgrades among the two vehicles. As of version 1.85, the BMD-4s in your drop can be left as they are or upgraded into Sprut tank destroyers while the BMD-1s can be left as they are or upgraded into mortar carriers. This allows us to fix the lag issue, but it also provides a greater incentive to try out the Sprut tank destroyer upgrade instead of turning all vehicles into mortar carriers every time.

The Tu-160 is the primary strategic bomber of the Russian Federation. Originally developed during the late period of the Cold War, introduced after the turn of the millennium and mass-produced by a total number of one hundred during the presidency of Nikolai Suvorov, the 'White Swan' or 'Blackjack', as it is known by Russia and former NATO respectively, can carry over forty tons of ordnance. It is the largest supersonic combat plane in the world and the internal bay of the improved M-variant has been refitted to deliver the infamous 'Father Of All Bomb' thermobaric warhead, whose destructive power rivals that of a small tactical nuclear weapon without any fallout of both the radioactive and the political kind. With its extensive range, massive payload capability and elegant appearance, the Tu-160M marks the very pinnacle of Russian aerospace engineering. As of 2038, a civilian passenger version of the plane has entered service with the Russian state airline company, providing a comfortable high-speed connection between the major cities of Russia, Europe and even across the Pacific until the outbreak of the Third World War.

Futher more we have also opened a special forum here on the SWR Community forums where you can disscus the streams, make requests, give feedback or ask and questions related to rise of the reds streams and all other streams done by Hecthor Doomhammer Here

And as always i would like to remind all of you out there that there will be an other stream on this Sunday (April 13th):

Nemanja
Great work with Blackjack,it simply needed this.
The General
Looks good, especialy the TU-160.
Anyway, what interests me is will TU-160 remain fragile?
TheHellGeneral
Nice update keep it rolling biggrin.gif
X1Destroy
Yeah, more BMP variants. I like it.

The old Black Jack is already good, but this one is so beautiful. Much better compared to the remade B-52 last week.
Svea Rike
Sexy beasts!
Karpet
Holy shit, that is a sexy TU-160. You guys are modeling and skinning masters.
EricCartman3470
Those Blackjack textures ohmy.gif
Very awesome!

QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 13 Apr 2014, 11:42) *
a civilian passenger version of the plane

-->Infantry Paradrops? biggrin.gif
Oliver
Why isn't BMD getting any love? lol

That Blackjack revamp was expected, I guess the other gen plane will get one too

Nice work!
TheD3rp
Speaking of VDV, please make this General Orlov's theme laugh.gif
VDV Song
Knightmare31
Those things look awesome. Can't wait to use these bastards in battle. laugh.gif

Btw, will it be possible to do texture and skin packs for the units and vehicles in ROTR?? 8I.gif
Chuck Kawosky
Does anyone know if its possible to for example or any plans .... to put 8 of my Russian troops in to a friendly Chinese Helix in cop op team mode?
I could then ferry your troops about if your base was destroyed and vice versa. I cant see why this is not possible?
This would work for APCs, BMPs and transport choppers etc
I could even drop your Special Forces in to the battle field for example my my helo.

Thanks
Shiro
For one, I don't even think the Helix can transport 8 soldiers and also the engine doesn't allow putting your stuff into the stuff of your allies or vice-versa. As much as you can't put your units into the tunnels of a friendly GLA player, the same you can't put infantry into allied transports. It's just not codable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.