Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What games do you think they should have had sequels?
SWR Productions Forum > Community > Games Discussion
Neo3602
What game or game series that is currently dead do you think should have had sequels or been continued?

Some games that I wish had sequels are: Universe At War, Rise of Legends, Darkvoid, and Too Human(damn cliffhangers).

Some series that I wish were continued are, Supreme Commander and Dawn of War(there is still hope that it might be continued but it is doubtful).
Svea Rike
Command & Conquer...
Kalga
Warzone 2100

(don't really care all that much for the story, but I really want to see the concept of endless possibilities of make your own unit thingy in a updated graphic form)
Karpet
Freedom Fighters. I played the crap out of that game and it was amazing.
__CrUsHeR
I'd love to see a new Warcraft RTS.
Serialkillerwhale
Yeah, I'm hoping CNC can still exist.

Oh and CoX (City of Heroes/Villains), damn I miss that game.
Nemanja
Mega Man...Yeah there are ten of them already,but I wouldn't mind more of them at all.
TCs Endwar,Red Alert (I am more for a reboot than a sequel)...
Midlii
Ōkami. Despite having not played it for nearly a decade I have yet to come across any other form of interactive media that manages to inject me with such sense of endearment and wonder. Other than that probably Homeworld, though I hear tell Gearbox Software has a handle on that. Also Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Despite having such a generic and bland setting coupled with uninspired characters and ultimately boring quests, the combat is top-notch and it had a robust class system.
Oliver
well, the original Devil May Cry and of course Barbie dress up princess!
Knossos
The Last of Us, Fahrenheit, Heavy Rain...
MARS
The recent re-releases of Age of Empires 2 and Age of Mythology make me wish for a remake of Empire Earth 1. Keep things simple: Make it a classic AoE style RTS, improve the graphics/engine and provide the same powerful, accessible map/campaign/civ editors as we had in the first game.
8igDaddy8lake
QUOTE (MARS @ 23 Apr 2014, 0:32) *
The recent re-releases of Age of Empires 2 and Age of Mythology make me wish for a remake of Empire Earth 1. Keep things simple: Make it a classic AoE style RTS, improve the graphics/engine and provide the same powerful, accessible map/campaign/civ editors as we had in the first game.

I loved that game to death. Empire Earth II was decent too, and did do some half-decent streamlining of things (although, other decisions I really questioned, like the special units that stayed the same for an era...EAT A6M ZEROES, AI SMART PLANE SCUM). The make-your-own faction was great, but could have used more...variety? Choose other factions' unique units to be yours...meh, I wish they had some sort of unit editor, so you could make like a unique infantry that cloaks when stationary, or a helicopter with troop transport ability.

To throw out some more games that the world could use more of:
Rise of Nations, World in Conflict, Red Dead Redemption, Dune

Though, I do have an RTS idea I want to develop more, and possibly make into a full-fledged game with Unity.
X1Destroy
WWII COD............World In Conflict.....

Freedom fighter, yeah it was one of the best game I've ever play, even though it's quite old.

Thelord444
World in conflict.
Hecthor Doomhammer
Spore, just expand Sims-like with more availabilities and allowing for more complex creatures

Theme Hospital, altho there is something like that called Hospital Tycoon, it's not really the same

TheSneakyGLA
Original war. Game about cold war gone hot 3 million years in past. Mix of real time strategy and RPG. It suffered from combination of bad marketing and being released near the release of C&C Generals.
Admiral*Alex
Command and Conquer Generals . . . sad.gif
Graion Dilach
QUOTE (Kalga @ 22 Apr 2014, 19:04) *
Warzone 2100

(don't really care all that much for the story, but I really want to see the concept of endless possibilities of make your own unit thingy in a updated graphic form)

The best you can hope for is that the OS guys who's leading that for some years now start up something like that. Yea, it's under the GPLv2 for years now.

What I'd really see is a worthy Heroes 3 succesor. 5 tried hard but still was lolz, and it seems even there an OS remake in the form of Heroes 3 VCMI will gonna win. Because of the fact that it was written with moddability in mind.
ComradeCrimson
I want to see a brand new Age of Mythology game, and if possible a new Legacy of Kain game.
The General
AOM, RON, a remake of Heroes of M&M III ( graphics, new races and units could do too ), a good RA, and of course C&C Generals.
TimeBurner
Command & Conquer a reboot maybe! made by SWR !..
SWR makes better stuffs than Obama! gun8.gif
Graion Dilach
QUOTE (The General @ 16 Aug 2014, 20:12) *
a remake of Heroes of M&M III ( graphics, new races and units could do too )

You might be interested in keeping an eye upon Heroes 3 VCMI.
Hecthor Doomhammer
A proper Dungeon Keeper, not that silly mobile version.
MarianoRyu
Shenmue.
Mr.Kim
Roller Coaster Tycoon.
The General
QUOTE (Graion Dilach @ 18 Aug 2014, 11:16) *
You might be interested in keeping an eye upon Heroes 3 VCMI.

Thanks comrade, i will.
Karpet
Red Alert and Tiberian Dawn should have had true sequels, now that I think about it. Lots of cut content from RA2 (hopefully I can blame the crappy Rhino voxel on limited time) and Tiberian Sun.

Currently, the ones we have are half-baked...
We could of had so much to play with.

Until EA placed a time limit on WestWood like it was that Allied mission where you had to blow the psychic amplifier.
Joe Kidd
Half Life 2: Episode...

Oh wait...
Oldschool22
i have rise of nations and the thrones and patriots expansion that goes along with it, i actually bought it about a month ago at the Post Exchange (px here on Hickam AFB) and i still have Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, a game that i want to be continued would have to be....Airport Tycoon
Kestrel
C&C Generals, Kotor(screw you EA), Beyond Good and Evil(I wonder if the sequel is still under production) and well another Jedi Knight game wouldn't be so bad(only if they integrate the modding feature and make a strong modding community similar to jka, and of course have similar lightsaber fighting mechanics)
Graion Dilach
Yesterday I was looking around on my HDD - and i realized I so would wanna see a proper Starfleet Command 3. Orion Pirates was the best entry of the series, 3 was so lame compared to it.
Anubis
hmm .. digs his archive of awsome memories. There are 3 games i wish they made sequels for badly: Submarine Titans, Start Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and Star Trek Armada 2.
I also wish they would do a proper warhammer 40k rts sequel to dow instead of the shitty dow2.
Midlii
I concur. While the second Dawn of War is no slouch I didn't like that it became Dawn of Battle. If only Warhammer 40K: Supreme Commander was a thing.
Neo3602
QUOTE (Gaz @ 15 Sep 2014, 20:45) *
I concur. While the second Dawn of War is no slouch I didn't like that it became Dawn of Battle. If only Warhammer 40K: Supreme Commander was a thing.

That would be awesome, from what I've heard Dawn of War 3 was supposed to be something like that but it's probably canceled.
Drury
A proper Transport Tycoon spiritual sequel.

Some attempts spring up every now and then, but OpenTTD still goes unmatched. You'd think they'd find a way to make a better game after all those years...
Sargeant Rho
QUOTE (Drury @ 16 Sep 2014, 19:34) *
A proper Transport Tycoon spiritual sequel.

Some attempts spring up every now and then, but OpenTTD still goes unmatched. You'd think they'd find a way to make a better game after all those years...

Wish granted.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1548960623/parkitect

Also Homeworld 2, Ground Control II, retcon sequel to CnC3, BF2142, and also we need Half Life 3.
Graion Dilach
That's a Rollercoaster spiritual, not Transport, duh. What's the problem with OpenTTD anyway, now that they even have 32bpp?
Sargeant Rho
Whoops...I misread that, my bad >.>
Drury
QUOTE (Graion Dilach @ 17 Sep 2014, 12:27) *
That's a Rollercoaster spiritual, not Transport, duh. What's the problem with OpenTTD anyway, now that they even have 32bpp?

Oh, nothing at all, OpenTTD is the tits. It's just kinda old in the meaning that it's an opensource clone of a 1995 game, 32-bit graphics won't change that.
HMS Warspite
-Age of Empires III (If II got a re-release, can't we get a rehash of this one?)
-Age of Mythology
-Battle Realms (in RTS form)
-Command and Conquer: Generals (EASucksEASucksEASucksEASucksEASucks)
-Half-Life 2 (I look at you, Gabe Newell and your triphobia, although methinks it can't be helped)
-Mad Father, Misao (I hope Sen makes some sort of sequel, I love these kind of games)
-Persona 4 Golden (just like Persona 3 FES: The Answer is to The Journey, also, I want a port for Persona 4 Golden on the PS2 or anything that has an emulator for the PC, I'm saving for a PS Vita, and I can wait no longer)
-Warcraft III (in RTS form this time)
Planardweller
QUOTE (Bergzak @ 10 Oct 2014, 6:17) *
-Warcraft III (in RTS form this time)

What was wrong with that one? heroes or unit limit?

I've noticed Heroes 3 mentioned, but i would very much like a remake that mixes heroes 2, 3 and 5. HoMM 5 had a pretty good hero system, while HoMM 2 is still fondly remembered for its visuals and style. HoMM3 was a bit let down in that regard with its "realistic" palette.
Master of Orion 2
Master of Magic
C&C Generals, but not Red Alert (Generals make RA obsolete to me)
Half-Life 3 as a sequel to HL2: Ep. 2
Imperium Galactica
Nexus: the Jupiter Incident
Majesty (Majesty 2 was so bad)
z741
"The recent re-releases of Age of Empires 2 and Age of Mythology make me wish for a remake of Empire Earth 1. Keep things simple: Make it a classic AoE style RTS, improve the graphics/engine and provide the same powerful, accessible map/campaign/civ editors as we had in the first game. "

I totally agree here. EE1 was the best of the best.

" hmm .. digs his archive of awsome memories. There are 3 games i wish they made sequels for badly: Submarine Titans, Start Wars Galactic Battlegrounds and Star Trek Armada 2.
I also wish they would do a proper warhammer 40k rts sequel to dow instead of the shitty dow2."

Galactic Battlegrounds and Armada 2 were good games. Armada 2 has a mod called fleet ops in HD Its cool stuff.

"Master of Orion 2" - that game i still enjoy even though the graphics are definitely not on par with todays tongue.gif

Nexus was badass.

Why not AOE RoR Mars?

I miss the dune series. The original C&C before ea XD

Graion Dilach
IMO Armada 2 sucked, Armada 1 was ways better.

Planard, http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-succession-wars-mod - this might raise your interest. Their next version will gonna rock, for certain.
Planardweller
QUOTE (Graion Dilach @ 23 Oct 2014, 2:23) *
IMO Armada 2 sucked, Armada 1 was ways better.

Planard, http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-succession-wars-mod - this might raise your interest. Their next version will gonna rock, for certain.

Wow! Thanks, Graion! That definitely goes to my "wanted" list.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.