Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Modifying units
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > ShockWave
CheshireCat
Hello.
First of all, love this mod. So much better than the naked Zero hour! Been playing SW and ROTR offline for some time now...
Im trying to fool around with moving some units from one gen to another. (For private offline use)

Just an example: Ive tried to make the Topol-M buildable with the Salvage gen. Ive got it to appear on the command menu, "cloned" the gen promotion icon from Demo to Salvage gen. Changed the prequisites, but its still not buildable. I know Im missing something (duh).

It took me only a few hours to come this far and I kinda hit the wall. Any help would be cool.

Thaks in advance.

EDIT:
Just tried to move the Demo command center to the Salv_worker fake buildings menu and it seems to work via the Demo buildings chain.

EDIT-2:
Is it possible to add units from another mods? (Like the "Grumble" from ROTR) If yes, how?

Karpet
To add units from other mods, you just copy-paste everything they use. The weapon, models, particle effects, etc. You'll have to ask someone else about what the Grumble's/whatever the unit your adding coding is, because I just started modding.
CheshireCat
Hmm...
I can copy and paste all the .ini stuff, no trouble there. I kinda reverse engineered most of the basic .ini files, specifically "commandButton, commandSet and Objects".
I cant figure out how to move the models/visuals/animations/sounds tho...

PS
English aint my primary language (I'm Russian). Sorry if I'm writing gibberish/misspeling words sometimes.
Karpet
The visuals (explosions and stuff) are in the BetaRotrINI file, in the Inis FXlist.ini and Particlesystems.ini.
The animations, sounds, textures, and visuals have their own files. There is a W3D file for Rise of the Reds which contains animations and models, sounds has its own file, as do the voices, and the textures have their own file. 
Remember, if you want to add it in, you need to make an objects entry for the unit. You can copy and modify that from the Rise of the Reds ini.

Зто тебя помогло?
Oliver
Copy and paste codes not gonna be enough cause each mod have their different "systems", you need to edit the codes... And for the models, textures, sounds, extract them and place them on their folders "Your Zero Hour folder/Art/W3D" for models "Your Zero Hour folder/Art/Textures" for textures and for sounds "Your Zero Hour folder/Data/Audio/Sounds"

AS for the topol of the Shockwave... To share it with other general you need to add commandsets, in arms dealer and in the purchase science command set (can't remember the name). Also check the prerequisites of the topol object, the ideal would be to copy the entire code and change the prerequisites buildings.
Karpet
*sigh* I said to modify, didn't I?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.