Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ingame clock
SWR Productions Forum > Game Modding and Development > Generals/Zerohour Modding
Shiro
I was wondering, in the main menu of ROTR appears a clock showing the actual time, and so I though if it would be possible to add clocks to the userbars ingame.
DELETED MEMBER
i am really sure its possible since some mods have it implemented, now what the team decides or not is other thing, IIRC a suggestion like that for shockwave got shot down so...
The_Hunter
It is indeed entirely possible to do so but i personal dno't realy think it's a requirement nor does it add any value to the game it'self the only thing it does in my eyes is clogg up some space on the commandbar.
MARS
Other games don't have clocks either and nobody complains.
Just because it's possible in ZH doesn't mean it's necessary.
GDIZOCOM
I Think You Should put one in the ingame because you'll keep on checking it in the options menu.
very annoying. 8ani5.gif
The_Hunter
You could also just bend your arm around once in a while to look at your watch or just put a clock on your desk/computer room/whatever else location you have your comp at tongue.gif
Pickysaurus
Maybe you should make it optional?
Like you could turn it on from the options screen or something?
The_Hunter
that is not possible otherwise i would have done something like that allready.
Nidmeister
Or just download Xfire and you the ingame interface to pin one to your screen?

Although a game timer would be kinda neat, to let you know how long you have spent in game.
Shiro
QUOTE (KamuiK @ 13 Aug 2009, 13:33) *
[...]if it would be possible to add clocks to the userbars ingame.

My question was a yes or no question, and has been answered by several people to my hearts content, I did not ask to implement it in ROTR since I could do that myself.
Thank you very much. Case finished, this thread may be closed if needed.
Darkfire Angel
As far as I know the clock doesn't move down when you drop the controlbar down either. Personally I dislike in game clocks. It takes up space and you can just look at the time like you would in any other game.
The_Hunter
QUOTE (KamuiK @ 13 Aug 2009, 14:39) *
My question was a yes or no question, and has been answered by several people to my hearts content, I did not ask to implement it in ROTR since I could do that myself.
Thank you very much. Case finished, this thread may be closed if needed.

In that case i'm just moving it to the modding forum as its related to modding and not realy ROTR.
Raven
As Nidmeister said XFire comes with a clock display in game smile.gif.
Shiro
QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 13 Aug 2009, 15:31) *
In that case i'm just moving it to the modding forum as its related to modding and not realy ROTR.

Oh yeah you are right with that. Thank you.
Pickysaurus
I wouldn't mind there being a clock, when playing ZH, Shw or ROTR i lose track of time in long battles. Sometimes I can be in the same game for over an hour when it feels like 20mins
C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e.r
ahhh the lovlieness of the Logitech G15 u can set a countdown timer or a lap timer and it has a clock and it supports C&C3 stats smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.