Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why is the god emperor of mankind from WH40k so popular?
SWR Productions Forum > Community > Games Discussion
Die Hindenburg
Ok i want to know, what makes you like the god emperor of Mankind so much?

You can tell me anything in any detail why or how you think about this guy.

Some ways i think of him (in the line of wh40k fiction):
Pros:
1. You could discuss with him
2. He could take criticism, even when personally.
3. Was a rational, thinking, pro-human atheist.
4. Knows that the aliens were dangerous but wanted to fight them the right way.
5. Condemed humans earlier irrationalism, violence and failures...
6. Was not racist. Atleast he gave anyone a chance when they joined him.
7. Used the troop types he gathered in a smart way, he was a extremly talented tacitian.
8. Used the technology he got in a way that helped the imperium.

Cons:
1. Was horrifiyng bad using his psychic powers (why he did just persaude with his abilities)#
2. He is REALLY bad as strategian
3. Destroyed you if you had a different opionion, of course. Either before or after you talked with him about that.
4. Patience and learning were never his strenghts.
5.... which he caused probaly himself.
6. Needed other guys for the simpliest of reasons
7. Could not see in the future
8. His background story is totally fucked up. Is he 48000, millions or 10000 years old? tongue.gif

If i personally would meet him, i would kill him of course, given the means. tongue.gif
ComradeCrimson
QUOTE (Die Hindenburg @ 18 Oct 2014, 18:47) *
Ok i want to know, what makes you like the god emperor of Mankind so much?

You can tell me anything in any detail why or how you think about this guy.

Some ways i think of him (in the line of wh40k fiction):
Pros:
1. You could discuss with him
2. He could take criticism, even when personally.
3. Was a rational, thinking, pro-human atheist.
4. Knows that the aliens were dangerous but wanted to fight them the right way.
5. Condemed humans earlier irrationalism, violence and failures...
6. Was not racist. Atleast he gave anyone a chance when they joined him.
7. Used the troop types he gathered in a smart way, he was a extremly talented tacitian.
8. Used the technology he got in a way that helped the imperium.

Cons:
1. Was horrifiyng bad using his psychic powers (why he did just persaude with his abilities)#
3. Destroyed you if you had a different opionion, of course. Either before or after you talked with him about that.
5.... which he caused probaly himself.
6. Needed other guys for the simpliest of reasons
8. His background story is totally fucked up. Is he 48000, millions or 10000 years old? tongue.gif

If i personally would meet him, i would kill him of course, given the means.
tongue.gif

Heretic.
Planardweller
QUOTE (ComradeCrimson @ 18 Oct 2014, 22:21) *
Heretic.

2 reasons why this is irrelevant
God-Emperor was created as a shining beacon of stupidity because that the policy of Games Workshop towards WH40k: rule of cool and stupidly absurd things.
OP would personally meet him only as a fuel for the astronomicon
X1Destroy
8. His background story is totally fucked up. Is he 48000, millions or 10000 years old?

Well, just like almost everyone else in the universe.

But he did have enough patience already, since it took more than 30000 years to get shit done.

The backstory will forever be a myth, but it's safe to assume that he was born long before BC time.
Neo3602
He is so popular because unlike many of the people pursue power he wasn't in it for personal gain, if he was he would have used his psychic abilities to take control of mankind a long time ago and he started the Great Crusade to reunite mankind and destroy the greatest threat to humanity the Chaos gods, the main problem was that he put to much faith in his sons the primarchs and didn't pay as much attention to them as he should have after he found them which left a few of them with serious daddy issues.
Serialkillerwhale
He simply couldn't relate to people.
X1Destroy
QUOTE (Neo3602 @ 19 Oct 2014, 1:22) *
He is so popular because unlike many of the people pursue power he wasn't in it for personal gain, if he was he would have used his psychic abilities to take control of mankind a long time ago and he started the Great Crusade to reunite mankind and destroy the greatest threat to humanity the Chaos gods, the main problem was that he put to much faith in his sons the primarchs and didn't pay as much attention to them as he should have after he found them which left a few of them with serious daddy issues.

Well yes, he was created by humanity itself and was born to serve it. His entire life was like an instrument rather than as a human being. For if it wasn't for that, all the sacrifices would have been in vain.
Neo3602
QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 19 Oct 2014, 2:53) *
Well yes, he was created by humanity itself and was born to serve it. His entire life was like an instrument rather than as a human being. For if it wasn't for that, all the sacrifices would have been in vain.

And thats why I like him so much, he did make terrible mistakes but what he was doing was for all of humanity and not for himself, though I think he did live a least a small part of his life as a human being considering he did father quite a few children over the years(not the just the Primarches which he made in a lab).

@Die Hindenburg by meeting him do you mean meeting him in this universe or the WH40K universe?
X1Destroy
Sure he did, but any normal human being would prefer to die instead of seeing theirs love ones eventually disappear through time. He wasn't, for he was never born to be a human and be done with it, but something else.

The atheist empire he created now became his own church, and the fact that it is true that he more than anyone else deserved to be treated as a god and that the best religion for mankind is the worship of humanity itself make the best piece of ironic fictional history ever.

The things I like most in the W40K universe are the Imperial Guard and theirs struggles against all kinds of inhumane enemies with nothing but theirs own guts, the story about the Emperor and his long and painful experiences in life, and the ever changing nature of almost everything in the galaxy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.