Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ******* ROBBER ROBBED OUR HOUSE!!
SWR Productions Forum > Community > General Chat
Admiral FCS
Right. So, after my piano examination, my family went to Whistler, BC for weekend.

We left on Friday, and arrived at home around 7:30 PM Sunday. My dad tried to open the garage door, but the remote won't respond. We thought the battery is out, but it doesn't have battery, apparently. So my dad went to our patio and checked the back door.

It's open.

My dad saw that the garage door controller's power was cut, and our main door was jammed with a knife. Apparently, someone robbed our house.

We went in after dad opened the main door, and it's just terrible. All our drawers were opened and all the goods inside were around on the floor. My mom's gold, jade and silver jewelries were robbed, and our health cards, passports, US visas, and lots of other things and money were robbed. Our main bedroom STILL IS a mess.

The police came, but unfortunately, they didn't found any fingerprints. We have to compile a list of lost items, their values, and their descriptions; we have to get replacement passports and such, which means we'll maybe be here stuck for another three years or so; financial loss is at least $1000 Canadian dollar.

I really wish I have a phaser and blasted the fu**ing robber to hell.
Frostyarmy
What is with all this bad stuff happening in the year of 2009 i know your pain dude belive be i know sleep.gif
Centron
I experienced the same thing last year be thankful they didn't take your computer or any expensive electrical like my brothers PS3(Funny enough the left the wii). The first night after the robbery I couldn't sleep and for a week I was scared they would come back.
Alias
As a past victim of theft the best thing you can do is get over it as quickly as possible.

About ten years ago, our entire coin collection was stolen which would be valued at about 10000-15000 AUD currently.
The_Hunter
Sorry to hear that must be terrible specialy becouse of the emotional value lost in those things that were stolen.

I also wonder why they stole the passports they are of no value to them.
Chyros
Like I said, sorry to hear this mate.

QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 17 Aug 2009, 10:17) *
I also wonder why they stole the passports they are of no value to them.
There is actually a whole market for selling passports.
Pickysaurus
That's a shame. Sorry to hear that.

Hopefully they'll get caught someday
GDIZOCOM
Sorry to hear that.
Shock
Wait what, you have to wait three years to get new passports?

Yay for bureaucracy helping you out!
Overdose
At least they didn't take your computer. Money in the end is just money but the contents of your hard drive are priceless.
The_Hunter
QUOTE (Chyros @ 17 Aug 2009, 12:17) *
Like I said, sorry to hear this mate.

There is actually a whole market for selling passports.

Wait what ??
How is that even usefull for selling them do they change the picture or something ????

QUOTE (Shock @ 17 Aug 2009, 12:53) *
Wait what, you have to wait three years to get new passports?

Yay for bureaucracy helping you out!

Indeed also why does something like that have to take 3 years ??? Oo
Jester
QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 17 Aug 2009, 13:14) *
Wait what ??
How is that even usefull for selling them do they change the picture or something ????

Indeed also why does something like that have to take 3 years ??? Oo

I guess its the number 1 rule for public services make everyones life a living nightmare. i think they do it to get money out of you if anything. My countries public services drive my parents up the wall.

Anyway sorry hear that.
Chyros
QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 17 Aug 2009, 14:14) *
Wait what ??
It's more difficult now that the pictures are integrated into special plastic for some types of passports, but yeah, real passports are used to forge new ones either by modifying them or using their data etc. to make replacements.
Shiro
What a tragedy, I hope they find those thieves and punish them as hard as possible.
Admiral FCS
Good news - all the IDs were just buried in the mess, apparently the guy only took jewelries.

Also - the Canadian permanet resident card AFAIK requires you to stay 3 out of 5 years after you got the card to earn a Canadian identity. Or someone else can clarify somewhere.
Wi-Ta
Really good news wit the ID.
I hope the police will get those bas*****.
Cobretti
Damn, that sucks...hope the bastards responsible make the mistake of robbing someone with an extensive firearm collection and the will to use them, and/or a very large, angry dog.
Jester
QUOTE (DerKrieger @ 18 Aug 2009, 5:53) *
Damn, that sucks...hope the bastards responsible make the mistake of robbing someone with an extensive firearm collection and the will to use them, and/or a very large, angry dog.

Id pay to see the angry dog bit. tongue.gif
Comr4de
Been robbed myself on several occasions man. It's a scary thing but you shouldn't become paranoid of it happening again think of it less than a wakeup call if you will to be more cautious from time to time. Even if it's totally out of your control it shouldn't let it go to your head. I hope best of luck to ya getting some of your stuff back and hope they catch those thieves.
Shiro
A true word Comr4de, next time have a higher guard, but do not become paranoid. I have been robbed several times as well (mainly money), so I know what you mean. Again, good luck that the police finds those bastards.
Chyros
QUOTE (Comr4de @ 18 Aug 2009, 12:35) *
Been robbed myself on several occasions man.
Several times?! What sort of hellhole is Dallas, man? tongue.gif
Overdose
You people need personal tesla coils. That will keep the robbers away.
ultimentra
Didn't know they had tesla coils in brazil...I was thinking more along the lines..Russia? I8.gif
Papaya Master Rai
Not atleast a single hair sample, saliva, or any other DNA samples were found? If not those robbers really are smart or atleast the detectives didn't look hard enough. Anyways may I wish that those robbers are brought to justice and your family's valuable items are restored.
Alias
QUOTE (Papaya Master Rai @ 19 Aug 2009, 14:16) *
Not atleast a single hair sample, saliva, or any other DNA samples were found? If not those robbers really are smart or atleast the detectives didn't look hard enough. Anyways may I wish that those robbers are brought to justice and your family's valuable items are restored.
You watch waaaay too many crime shows.
It is highly unlikely that they'd be in the system, even if they're a past thief the most they'd probably have is fingerprints.
Shiro
QUOTE (Overdose @ 18 Aug 2009, 23:52) *
You people need personal tesla coils. That will keep the robbers away.

I ordered one last year but the real price is waaaaay too high tongue.gif

QUOTE (Alias @ 19 Aug 2009, 7:30) *
You watch waaaay too many crime shows.
It is highly unlikely that they'd be in the system, even if they're a past thief the most they'd probably have is fingerprints.

It is not THAT unlikely, the crime scene and how crimes are solved has evolved in the recent years alot - or at least in Germany I8.gif8I.gif
NergiZed
How unfortunate. I've personally experienced robbery myself, so I understand how you feel. Still, there's really not much you can do about what has already happened besides hope that the criminal will be put to justice (or gets hit by a car). However, maybe you could prepare yourself for the next one; maybe you can't afford a tesla coil, but you may be able to get a barred windows or a sturdier door.
Comr4de
QUOTE (Chyros @ 18 Aug 2009, 16:25) *
Several times?! What sort of hellhole is Dallas, man? tongue.gif

This didn't happen in Dallas. I once lived in Mexico City, though we did get robbed here in Dallas during the night after we left the Garage door open by accident. Only some items in the garage were stolen though. They caught them though so they got what they had coming.
Cobretti
Yea, I have relatives who live in Dallas...in their neighborhood, people leave their house doors unlocked; anyone dumb enough to try to rob them risks getting shot! ani8(1).gif But the beauty of this system is that people there are highly unlikely ever to have to blow robber's heads off. The fact that most homeowners are believed to be armed reduces crime, in that neighborhood at least, to statistically insignificant levels.
Alias
We leave our doors unlocked and we have never have had firearms, never fired firearms and we do not aim to ever touch one.
Infact, there's probably about 1 in 100 people in the neighbourhood I'm in that have firearms... and there's not much crime at all (I'm live near to one of the most undesirable places to live in my area, where you could find a dealer in every side road).

You really need to look at cause and effect. What you're concluding here is the fact that you live in an area that has firearms you are safe to keep your doors unlocked... which is not cause and effect, it's like me saying that if I throw a paper aeroplane and it flies for a hundred metres that it's entirely from my throw. Yes, both the cause and the effect happened, but you're missing the tailwind that goes inbetween, which in many cases becomes the actual cause and the throw just becomes the trigger.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.