Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recycling Technology Update 2
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds > Frontline News
Pages: 1, 2
The_Hunter

Now that you've seen the two Chinese Recycler variants, we also want to show you the modifications that stolen Chinese tech can apply to other GLA units:

Salvaging a crate from a Chinese Tier 1 vehicle allows you to add a napalm component to the following units:

First, we have the Bomb Truck which receives a pretty big napalm payload capable of creating a firestorm upon detonation.
Note that it does -not- override its previous payload and can be combined with either a biological or high-explosive bomb.

Second is the Demo Truck which does not create a firestorm on impact but still a sizable incendiary blast when it goes off.

Last but certainly not least in this category, the Terrorist and the Demo Trap.
The Demo Traps will also create a firestorm on detonation like the Bomb Truck whereas Terrorists, like the Demo Truck, simply get a nice additional napalm fire explosion added to their standard effect.

Salvaging a crate from a Chinese Tier 2 vehicle allows you to install jury rigged nuclear engines on the following vehicles:

First, the Technical, which gains a massive speed increase from their new nuclear engines which will however also make them create a minor explosion and radiation field on destruction.
For some added comedic value we also made them do fancy wheelies whenever they accelerate with their new engines.

Second is the Quad Cannon which can also get nuclear engines to boost its speed but just as the Technicals, it will create a minor explosion and radiation field when destroyed.

As always, we would like to remind all of you out there that there will be another stream on this Sunday:

Countdown until the stream starts

Also, in case you missed last week's stream, you can check it out on our Youtube channel here

GeneralCamo
Isn't a Technical with Nuclear engines a bit.. overkill? Maybe it should get some uranium bullets too just to up the ante.
Maelstrom
Wow, great job guys !
But are these upgrades purchased from the Recycler Truck, or on each unit ?
GeneralCamo
Can the Napalm bomb truck be combined with a nuclear bomb truck?
Thelord444
Goddamn GLA drones.

Now we're talking, High tech GLA bit*hes biggrin.gif
The_Hunter
QUOTE (Generalcamo @ 29 Nov 2014, 1:24) *
Isn't a Technical with Nuclear engines a bit.. overkill?
Maybe but its certainly just as redicioulus as it is awesome.

QUOTE (Generalcamo @ 29 Nov 2014, 1:35) *
Can the Napalm bomb truck be combined with a nuclear bomb truck?
Yes you can indeed make nuclear firestorms its like an ingredient to your bombtruck cocktail mindfuck.gif

QUOTE (Maelstrom @ 29 Nov 2014, 1:33) *
Wow, great job guys !
But are these upgrades purchased from the Recycler Truck, or on each unit ?
Once the recycler has obtiained them all units will get these upgrades unlocked in the same way the recycler does.
SiR Chaff
I'm amazed how those drivers of the 2 technicals in the back can handle the heat from nuclear engines XD.gif
Umpfelgrumpf
Alright guys, first i had some doubts about the recycler.
But this is straight away amazing. So much cool stuff.
Thank you very much, I wonder how much time it took to create all those models again, with napalm/nuclear stuff!
The recycler mechanic seems to be way bigger then I/we thought!
The_Hunter
QUOTE (SiR Chaff @ 29 Nov 2014, 1:38) *
I'm amazed how those drivers of the 2 technicals in the back can handle the heat from nuclear engines XD.gif
They will likely die because of radiation poisoning after the battle if they don't get killed by something else but i don't think they would be overly concerned with such things screwyou.gif

QUOTE (Umpfelgrumpf @ 29 Nov 2014, 1:39) *
Alright guys, first i had some doubts about the recycler.
But this is straight away amazing. So much cool stuff.
Thank you very much, I wonder how much time it took to create all those models again, with napalm/nuclear stuff!
The recycler mechanic seems to be way bigger then I/we thought!

Much more to come in the coming weeks I8.gif
Admiral*Alex
QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 28 Nov 2014, 18:38) *
Yes you can indeed make nuclear firestorms its like an ingredient to your bombtruck cocktail mindfuck.gif

So Hunter does that mean ,indirectly, that a Bomb truck could have High Explosive, Bio Bomb, Fire Storm explosion? (All three combined)
The_Hunter
Bio and HE Bombs are actualy mutualy exclusive to each other its basicly an unintented exploit that you can currently get both due to lag in multiplayer.
Umpfelgrumpf
But you could get nuke, bio/HE and napalm when picking up a nuclear warhead?
The_Hunter
A nuke pickup overrides anything i was previously carrying with exception for the napalm.
Mr.Kim
Holy s*** XD.gif

That is so insane with nuclear engines.
Alessandro santo
did all faction leave scraps for impleement upgrades to other gla units?
The_Hunter
QUOTE (Alessandro santo @ 29 Nov 2014, 2:03) *
did all faction leave scraps for impleement upgrades to other gla units?

Yes the do and they all unlock different upgrades.

also something else i forgot to mention in the update is that the exhaust pipes on those technicals and quad cannons spew out flames when they are moving tongue.gif
Umpfelgrumpf
I can't wait to see the rest this is so awesome!
But I guess the unit upgrades are not in the stream tomorrow already?
Emin96
awesome work guys.

Did GLA with recycler will be powerful and OP?

Can recycler use all faction tecnology in the same time

thanks in advance
Mr.Kim
QUOTE (Emin96 @ 28 Nov 2014, 19:07) *
Did GLA with recycler will be powerful and OP?

Can recycler use all faction technology in the same time

- Not really, most Recyclers are pretty weak(mostly normal damage) than others. Hell, even armor is like a piece of paper.

- Yes, you can use all stolen faction's tech at same time. But, it might be difficult to collect them.
Umpfelgrumpf
The teaser picture of the stream seems like the USA version of the recycler.
With little flying GLA Drones smile.gif.
Oliver
I donn't know, I'm not really feeling the nuclear technicals.. I just have to w8 and see them.

Drones for GLA, that looks interesting XD.gif
Kommandant Karisse
Dat teaser image.

Interesting designs here. I like the ridiculousness of the nuclear engines strapped to the vehicles. xD I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually looking forward to some new GLA gameplay this weekend.
GDIZOCOM
Lovely work on the engines

The GLA demonstrates its passion for safety once again mindfuck.gif
Shiro
QUOTE (Umpfelgrumpf @ 29 Nov 2014, 1:07) *
I can't wait to see the rest this is so awesome!
But I guess the unit upgrades are not in the stream tomorrow already?

Yeah, they're being implemented but aren't in just yet. The Recycler itself as a vehicle with its various upgrades is finished though.
Neo3602
Great update, it is just me or does the terrorist in the image look like he has a beard?
Nemanja
Impressive,this is so cartoony that it is great biggrin.gif
As for Recycler with drones...It seems that all variants from that concept art from year ago made it into the game...
GeneralCamo
Seriously though, maybe you should consider giving a weapon upgrade too to go along with it. I'm imagining this kind of conversation:

Recycler Truck guy: Let's see here.. what are we going to do about the depleted fuel cells
Technical Driver: Why not dump it in the ammo cache
Recycler Truck Guy: Well that isn't very sa..
Technical Driver: Yeah, just put it in the ammo cache. That way we can play with radioactive bullets!
Recycler Truck Guy: Fine. You will probably die anyway
Technical Driver: What?
Recycler Truck Guy: Nothing.

As a side effect, all the bullets are coated with radioactive waste.
HoneyBee
GLA dronage tomorrow~ biggrin.gif
Serialkillerwhale
So much for bomb trucks with a nuclear payload AND engine.

Dreams shattered.
TimeBurner
Orkz are prowd of yiz!
teslashark
Yuusuf's note to Workers:
The bottles attached to demo traps are not filled with orange juice.
MARS
GLA nuclear cars - Fulfilling the atom-powered dream of 1950s America in a brushfire war near you! biggrin.gif
X1Destroy
Nuclear technicals??? This must be a joke.

Now the GLA have become a much bigger threat than before. Nice.
SiR Chaff
Does Black Napalm upgrade apply to Napalm-equipped GLA units and demo-traps ??
katmoda12

Fantastic!! you are making interestying even the faction I favour the least.

Some questions:

-Technical is already fast, with the nuclear engine does it become as fast as a bike? Does it jump up and down the cliffs like bikes?

-With the nuclear speed increase does the quad cannon go a s fast as a technical before upgrade? (that would be almost comical, quad cannon would become like AA jets!!)

-If bio-bomb load is chosen in bomb truck and upgraded with firestorm effect, does the fire damages also the enduring scrap left by the biobomb truck?

thanks as ever

SiR Chaff
QUOTE (katmoda12 @ 29 Nov 2014, 18:34) *
Does it jump up and down the cliffs like bikes?

Why would a technical jump off a cliff knowing they use a NUCLEAR engine on FRONT of the vehicle ??? UI8.gif

Its not like they're elastic bumpers, or are they ?? 8ani5.gif
GDIZOCOM
QUOTE (SiR Chaff @ 29 Nov 2014, 18:54) *
Why would a technical jump off a cliff knowing they use a NUCLEAR engine on FRONT of the vehicle ??? UI8.gif

Its not like they're elastic bumpers, or are they ?? 8ani5.gif

Why wouldn't they? It's the GLA we're talking about here.

Perhaps all that superglue and screws they used to put that thing together actually works.
__CrUsHeR
When we were told that the new scrap system was something "bigger" I never thought it was something "so much bigger"; really is a very cool and interesting mechanics that simply revolutionized the GLA, making faction highly customizable; so before you saw only Scorpions, Quads, Buggies and Grads in games, now you will be able to see several different types of vehicles already that the same Quad for example can receive several different types of upgrades - something very appreciable.

The Technicals with nuclear engines were wonderful, is a dream for the GLA and a nightmare for his opponents, and is a very funny joke tongue.gif ; I'm eager to see these animations in the game. smile.gif
Composite armour
GLA Wasp hive! I knew it!
Other one is lasers methinks.

But yeah, what happens when technicals go over 88 MPH?
Shiro
QUOTE (SiR Chaff @ 29 Nov 2014, 11:05) *
Does Black Napalm upgrade apply to Napalm-equipped GLA units and demo-traps ??

Rule of thumb: upgrades of any faction not the GLA do not apply to anything recycler-related.
Banisher of Hope
QUOTE (SoraZ @ 29 Nov 2014, 8:34) *
Rule of thumb: upgrades of any faction not the GLA do not apply to anything recycler-related.

So what you are saying, if I may, is that the GLA upgrades apply to the GLA recycler salvages.
super powered GLA salvaged GLA power-ups baby!!!!
GeneralCamo
QUOTE (Composite armour @ 29 Nov 2014, 8:57) *
But yeah, what happens when technicals go over 88 MPH?

They TRAVEL THROUGH THE FABRIC OF TIME AND SPACE! So fast even that they appear to STAY IN YOUR WORLD! Isn't that great?
HMS Warspite
Holy crap, napalm explosives? And nuclear engine technicals and quad cannons? Is this Ulater's dream come true?

The GLA, turning a faction's assets against it since the Great War on Terror (see: Jarmen Kell pre-IED accident).

This does make the GLA seem OP, BUT:

1. The Recycler truck's armor is like paper, although they are still good support units [be it close combat (hit and run, maybe, especially with ECA AT gun) or artillery (does Tremor AGAS Jr. ring a bell?)].
2. The scrap is hard to get.
__CrUsHeR
A question for the MARS:

Some lore behind the Chinese nuclear engines? These engines seem to work on "V" through a gas system triggered by nuclear boiling of an liquid (probably water), this logic is correct?
The_Hunter
I beleive this is one of those cases where its "fuck logic this is a video game, deal with it!" cases tongue.gif
Admiral*Alex
QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 29 Nov 2014, 11:15) *
I beleive this is one of those cases where its "fuck logic this is a video game, deal with it!" cases tongue.gif

Isn't that the case for most of Generals and Zero Hour, anyways. rolleyes.gif
Shiro
Considering we made sense out of most everything happening in Gens and ZH, not really. On the other hand, the entire Recycler logic is the GLA using Rule of Cool.
GeneralCamo
The GLA in general is weird. A terrorist faction, who somehow became a world power, crossing over into Blue and Orange Morality and Kick the Dog moments on a whim. They also have the means to maintain a nuclear, chemical, and chem-nuclear arsenal, and also they turn scrap metal into a unit that can kill several modern tanks. And they recycle parts off the battlefield to create a variety of weird technologies, even if the scrap parts did not even RELATE to what is being built. Doubly so if those parts did not come from a general who even HAS the technology.
teslashark
QUOTE (Generalcamo @ 29 Nov 2014, 10:37) *
The GLA in general is weird. A terrorist faction, who somehow became a world power, crossing over into Blue and Orange Morality and Kick the Dog moments on a whim. They also have the means to maintain a nuclear, chemical, and chem-nuclear arsenal, and also they turn scrap metal into a unit that can kill several modern tanks. And they recycle parts off the battlefield to create a variety of weird technologies, even if the scrap parts did not even RELATE to what is being built. Doubly so if those parts did not come from a general who even HAS the technology.

There might be trade-ins between those who want a spare cannon and those who want a Tesla generator.
Shiro
QUOTE (teslashark @ 29 Nov 2014, 19:43) *
There might be trade-ins between those who want a spare cannon and those who want a Tesla generator.

That's pretty much the explanation, yes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.