Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recycling Technology Update 10
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds > Frontline News
The_Hunter

Today is our final Recycler in which we will be showing you all the goodies that you can obtain by capturing GLA Tier 2 tech with the Recycler.

The Recycler itself can be refitted into a massive toxin-filled tanker truck which can ram itself into targets to create a huge explosion that scatters chemicals in a large area.
It can also open its valve on the back of the tanker to contaminate any location it is presently at or leave a noxious trail of contamination behind itself as it moves.

GLA Technicals may be armed with an explosive payload so that they can be used as makeshift suicide units.

The same applies to Quad Cannons which may also be equipped with suicide packs.

As always, we would like to remind all of you out there that there will be another stream on this Sunday:

Countdown until the stream starts

Nemanja
I like idea of tanker...
But as for those Tehnicials and Quads...I don't know...It may be useful for sure,but now that thing that replaced Demo Track seem kind a redundant.
Tico1990
Based on the pictures of the technicals I get the idea that arming them removes the machine gun on the back? Is this idea correct or are the machine guns left out for the sake of clarity in the picture?
Mr.Kim
They have still remain with a machine gun when upgrade suicide pack. Also, it seem pretty same or similar idea as Juhziz's Demolition upgrade.
Omnius64
QUOTE (Mr.Kim @ 24 Jan 2015, 17:41) *
They have still remain with a machine gun when upgrade suicide pack. Also, it seem pretty same or similar idea as Juhziz's Demolition upgrade.

Then why the Technicals doesnt have any machine guns in the image?
Maelstrom
This variant is interesting. As it has multiple attack types, it is definitely a threat if you're not careful.
Those suicide packs look painful. But are they as powerful as Demo Trucks?
Dutchygamer
QUOTE (Omnius64 @ 24 Jan 2015, 18:05) *
Then why the Technicals doesnt have any machine guns in the image?

Easier to render and it's about the explosives not about the MG tongue.gif
Emin96
Very good progress smile.gif

i have question this explosion effect is like demo truck explosion ? (1.85 demo truck)??

Kommandant Karisse
"Suicide is not a tactic, General."

Great. So now Technicals can drop off Terrorists at your Supply Center AND blow up your Dozer afterward. ;_;

I like how the Recycler becomes a combination of a Bomb Truck and Toxin Tractor, though.

EDIT: Oh, right, they kinda need the salvage first ... but still, it sounds like it could be extremely annoying. orz
Svea Rike
Oh, is that a new bomb truck variant? Or have new bomb truck variants been showed off already? These updates have been happening so speriodically I've lost track of new units shown.
{Lads}RikerZZZ
Wait, doesn't this make the demo truck redundant in GLA vs GLA?
X1Destroy
This is going to be a pain in the ass. As if the terror technical combo wasn't enough.
The_Hunter
QUOTE (RikerZZZ @ 24 Jan 2015, 23:35) *
Wait, doesn't this make the demo truck redundant in GLA vs GLA?

It doesn't pack the same amount of punch and they are harder to acquire (and Demo Trucks aren't universally availible in the future)
Serialkillerwhale
Achmed "This truck has explosives in it! Genius!"
Hassan "But how will we replicate this technology achmed?"
Achmed "Stick some bombs in our trucks!"
Hassan "Genius! Now watch as the GLA infidels suffer as we turn their own suicide tactics against them!"
Juhziz *Facepalm* "We hired you idiots why?"
Oliver
This feels just like the Suicide upgrade from the Demolition General from ZH.
M01
So basically...

You can use the technical and quads suicide ability as a last ditch effort right?

How do we control the suicide ability?

Also, does collecting basic scrap upgrades makes the explosive powerful enough but not above the bomb truck?

Edit:
Also, regarding the cosmetics of the Toxic/Bomb Tanker truck does the "spilling" Anthrax change color when you upgrade the anthrax from alpha to beta?
Shiro
QUOTE (M01 @ 25 Jan 2015, 10:52) *
How do we control the suicide ability?

Click-and-boom.

Also, does collecting basic scrap upgrades makes the explosive powerful enough but not above the bomb truck?

Actually it doesn't change at all.

Also, regarding the cosmetics of the Toxic/Bomb Tanker truck does the "spilling" Anthrax change color when you upgrade the anthrax from alpha to beta?

Obviously.
__CrUsHeR
I love the texture of anthrax tanker and also the various functions related to contamination that this unit can do.
Neo3602
Great update, who came up with the toxin tanker idea?
Composite armour
QUOTE (Neo3602 @ 25 Jan 2015, 14:21) *
Great update, who came up with the toxin tanker idea?

"Oh ho! Spill on aisle one!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.