Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stupid movies
SWR Productions Forum > Community > The Box
Svea Rike
Do you guys know of any movies that weren't necessarily bad but just... stupid. Be it in plot or setting or whatever, they were just dumbfounded and idiotic but still enjoyable. Preferrably available on Netflix, I feel like watching a new movie that I wouldn't consider rewatching but enjoy long enough to sit through.
Shiro
Starship Troopers 2 and 3.
Kichō
As much as I like Whoopi Goldberg... Sister Act 1 and 2. Ironically I've seen it many times and I still don't know what I'm meant to think of it.

Oh and Iron Sky. Not for the reasons you might think though.
Skitt
QUOTE (SoraZ @ 3 Feb 2015, 19:54) *
Starship Troopers 2 and 3.

Id put 3 into the bad category.

sick nurses (horror comedy), Little shop of horrors (musical comedy), Death Tube (horror), Baseketball (sport comedy, south park guys)
TimeBurner
Ace ventura pet detective!
Oliver
yeah, definetly Iron Sky, is stupid, but enjoyable.
Midlii
Kung Pow: Enter the Fist.
Graion Dilach
Why is there's so much hate on Iron Sky? It's a damn solid black satire of today. It's just too true imo. Especially the endgame.

Galaxy Quest is a fairly silly concept but damn well written imo.
Mr.Kim
The Mummy 3.
Thelord444
Kung fu hustle
Shaolin Soccer
Idiocracy
Anubis
I am going to save everyone's life and tell you this - if your GF, just friends or even that hot neighbor you wanna bang like it's the last breath of air - tells you to go to 50 shades of grey - DONT. I have never ever in my entire life seen something worse, and i frekin forced myself through the entire twilight series.
So dumbest movie ive ever seen - 50 shades of grey. 1st 2nd and 3rd place.

Edit - @Thelord444 - the fact you consider Idiocracy a stupid movie pretty much proves you didnt get shit from it. Sad, but understandable.
Die Hindenburg
Pretty much any movie is this for me, even though they have sometimes interesting opionions on society, they all are biased. tongue.gif
But who is not biased? I dislike movies mainly they are to much over and under rated.
Even the most boring book can still beat the trash out of even the best made movies.
Baneblade
Well you can start with the Scary (Scream) Movie series that make fun of their contemporary horror films in a real dumb manner.

Now Sacha Baron Cohen is my reference for real stupid but enjoyable movies, so first try Borat then The Dictator, then if you're definitely not fed up with this kind of humour, you can try his older one Ali G.

Also if you want to have real fun about partying and stuff, I would advide Very Bad Things and the subsequent and even funnier Very Bad Trip series (the last one I saw had not much to do with the first two episodes and was just in the Scary Movie vein, mainly a carricature of Hunger Games, real dumb this one too).
(USA)Bruce
Twisted the play would do it too....Then again Starkids couldnt muster talent if you threw them in an oven
3rdShockArmy
QUOTE (Die Hindenburg @ 22 Feb 2015, 16:56) *
Pretty much any movie is this for me, even though they have sometimes interesting opionions on society, they all are biased. tongue.gif
But who is not biased? I dislike movies mainly they are to much over and under rated.
Even the most boring book can still beat the trash out of even the best made movies.

I completely agree with this. Books are basically a perfect getaway from the retarded populist media today (not modern books, specifically the bestsellers, in fact a bestseller tag is the best indication how good the book is in vast majority of cases). Classics and not so well-known old writers are great. Books never get old or out of fashion. A movie becomes crap just after a few decades, almost no matter how good it is, but a book is different. You can read half a millennium old book or even older, but you won't like an early XX century movie much if at all.
Serialkillerwhale
I had to read a shakesphere once.

Ugh, plodding story line, shitty comedy relief characters, bad humor overall, predictable plots.

Writing has actually evolved. Funny isn't it

Anyways: Avatar

UGH, WE GET IT, HUMANS BAD.

Seriously, Unobtanium was a goddamn ROOM TEMPERATURE SUPERCONDUCTOR. There are millions of ways that would be a massive thing. And guess what? The idiot tree-huggers didn't even really win. Think about it, the whole world wants at that stuff, you think the military isn't gonna have big toys that'll just mow down everything the jungle throws at them?

Here's to Avatar 2: Pandora burning.
3rdShockArmy
It's a work of fiction, but it's meant to show how humans (actually powerful entities) exploit others for their gain, like it has always been. I like to think of Na'vi as victims, rather than "idiotic tree-huggers", or maybe those people living on the other side of the planet, who are being exploited/killed for the benefits of the colonisers. And seriously, why do you have to mess every topic with that on the verge of nazism-BS? I'm in no way a fan of Avatar, but I find it a better populist-style movie, than most of others, because it has a message that you don't see that often in the MSM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.