Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Total War: Attila
SWR Productions Forum > Community > Games Discussion
Chris71piooo
What are your thoughts on the upcoming Total War game? Do you plan on getting it, either pre-ordered it, or buying it later? Are there things you hope are addressed in Attila not addresses or addresses well in previous Total War games, or are there mechanics you would like to see in it that were in other Total War games? Are there things you are looking forward to such as the several new mechanics or the time period in encompasses? Share your thoughts here.
Svea Rike
Personally think they turned to shit after Empire, so I might not get it. Probably'll look on reviews before considering by the simple fact that it is Attila the Hunn. More games need to include him! Him and Genghis Khan!
Pepo
QUOTE (Svea Rike @ 15 Feb 2015, 19:06) *
Personally think they turned to shit after Empire, so I might not get it. Probably'll look on reviews before considering by the simple fact that it is Attila the Hunn. More games need to include him! Him and Genghis Khan!

Even empire was shit due to the poor combat Ai unless you play it with mods. Honestly the combat ai is so bad in the lattest releases(shogun and rome 2) that i'm not going to buy any new total war games until they introduced a competent ai.
Svea Rike
I liked Empire because of Sweden tongue.gif
Alias
Having played Total War since the first Medieval, you never really know what to expect from CA, but the general trend seems to be every second or third major release is good and the others are not the best, with the exception being the original Rome to Medieval II to Kingdoms releases where it was consistently good (and after patches, amazing).

I'm not sure why you think Empire is the last good TW game, Shogun II was by far the best TW game in terms of gameplay and mechanics since the original Rome (which is by far the best Total War game of the series), with Medieval II being a close second. To be honest, to me Rome II is better than the Empire/Napoleon combo after about 5 or 6 patches, and substantially better now.

For me personally, none of the previous smaller general-based Total Wars have appealed to me (Alexander, Napoleon) so this probably won't be much different. In my mind, the only decent Total War expansions were Kingdoms for Medieval II (which is a better standalone game than Napoleon...) and maybe the Shogun II Rise/Fall ones.

I'll probably skip this and wait, unless it is amazing. Might pick it up on sale for $10 sometime. Just waiting for Medieval III now...
Chris71piooo
Well, I decided to take a big risk and pre-ordered Attila; I really enjoyed Rome 2 and Empire, albeit those were the first Total War games I've played; my perspective is a little different from other Total War players who started with the earlier ones. I've tried playing Rome, but couldn't get into it, not after playing Rome 2 at least. I'll probably post my thoughts of the game after playing it.
Dangerman
Initial impressions; it's pretty good. Though there are some issues I have mainly with usability with building icons (damn make out) and the fact that a certain path down both Roman factions being the religious tech for some bad history reason removes certain building options (for some reason Ecclesiastical Jursidction will stop you from making advanced plumbing or State Church makes Large circuses and libraries unable to be made which the latter is weird considering the ERE had pretty much the first University in the world AND the famed Imperial Library). Don't believe the meta-critic troll reviews of 0, not saying the game is perfect or best thing evar but take that kind of thing with skepticism for both. For it's price or a discounted like what I got it for (I got it for £22.50 at GMG, definitely worth it) I'd say its worth it but don't expect being a really excellent experience, just a good one.

It's better than Rome 2 on launch at least though I still wish that CA would just go one day all balls out and create an XBOX HEUG grand campaign map (think Rome 2's campaign DLCs maps extended). Maybe with DirectX 12 and 64-bit will make them do that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.