Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rise of the Reds Version 1.85 Released!
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds > Frontline News
Pages: 1, 2
The_Hunter

After a long wait of almost two years, we are proud to present you the release of Rise of the Reds Version 1.85. In the name of the SWR team, I want to express my gratitude to all of you who stuck with us for all this time. Now, the grand moment has arrived as we lift the curtain on our new release. For the last two years, we have been working hard to present to you a variety of new features, including many new units and abilities for all factions, a complete visual overhaul of Russia and the GLA, the much anticipated GLA Recycler mechanic, countless tweaks to the AI and the inner workings of the game - but most notable of all, the inclusion of our own integrated multiplayer platform. SWR.net is ready to host your games, connecting you with ROTR players around the world. Without further ado, we present you the download link as well as a little appetiser below.

Key features of our new release are:

-Drastically reduced lag in AI matches
-Integrated SWR.net multiplayer service
-New map pack integrated in the main installation
-Vastly remodelled Russian and GLA faction
-Several new units and abilities for all factions
-Support for the Ultimate Collection version on Origin.
-All official maps revised to be more balanced.
-Unique voice overs for many old and new units.

Also our streaming host Hecthor Doomhammer will be celebrating the release tonight with a special release stream!

And for your convience a countdown untill the start of the event: http://goo.gl/pfL4pC

Join us tonight and for a change you will be able to actively participate during the stream using our public beta.
Look out for games being hosted by Doomhammer himself if you want to have some screen time during the stream.

Also while you wait for the download to finish you can read the changelog here.
See you all on the battlefield!

Mr.Kim
HYES! I8.gif
ComradeCrimson
Before everyone else floods this:

Pootis
Shiro
Composite armour
Somebody hug me.
{Lads}RikerZZZ

FINALLY
(USA)Bruce
YEAAAAAAAAA

ITS HAPPENING!
Happy april fools people

BE SURE TO TUNE IN AND JOIN THE GAMES!
Im waiting for you guys to enjoy SWR net with me or agaisnt me in a game x)
Comr4de
IS YOUR BODY READY, GENERAL?

Mr.Kim
The last part was pretty fun XD.gif
(USA)Bruce

THE RED COATS ARE COMING
THE RED COATS ARE-
I MEAN THE REDS ARE COMING
RISE OF THE REDS 1.85 IS COMING!
Nemanja
Man,last few weeks I would go to sleep at least two hours earlier than the time it is now,tired as hell,something simply wouldn't let me go to sleep,and then this happens...Awesome...I hope this 740mb wont be "Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up" in ultra HD,since it is April the 1st.
This will be a long night.
Kommandant Karisse
TIME TO POUND SOME BAD GUYS WITH MY BIGASS ECA CANNONS! *runs off to download it while shouting incoherently*
Thelord444
YES YES YES!

THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER!
Nasher660
Christmas and my birthday have come early!
GDIZOCOM
Glorious Hell March as always, let's get those flags rolling 8Isov.gif
Mr.Kim
Here is preview picture with 1.85 Launcher(including SWR.Net) before start the mod.
Hecthor Doomhammer
Let's get this HYPE TRAIN GOING!
kezsonaj
I can't tell you how much I thank you Guys for this masterpiece! It feels wrong to play a game that is so good and totally free. The Finest detail was placed into unit design! seeing that you poured your heart out into this compared to the games you buy at retail stores and get ripped off. Where can I donate to the SWR Team?
apmdward007
yay!!! smile.gif thx swr-team gonna dload it later biggrin.gif
(USA)Bruce
QUOTE (kezsonaj @ 1 Apr 2015, 4:29) *
I can't tell you how much I thank you Guys for this masterpiece! It feels wrong to play a game that is so good and totally free. The Finest detail was placed into unit design! seeing that you poured your heart out into this compared to the games you buy at retail stores and get ripped off. Where can I donate to the SWR Team?

http://rotr.swr-productions.com/
Go there and on the right there should be a place to donate via paypall but before you do lets see if The_Hunter can respond cause it might be outdated....
The_Hunter
^ Paypal account is still up to date
Pidorashka
Drunken_Soviet
>Be me
>Uninstall Generals and Generals: ZH to get some space so I could try World of Tanks
>Still don't have enough space to install the updates [For WoT]
>Reinstall Generals
>Realise that disc 2 for Generals ZH has snapped in half
>Not to worry, I still have another one
>Proceed as normal
>Try to update to 1.04
>"Old file does not exist"
>mfw

angry.gif

So looks like I'll have to buy a third copy of ZH (The reason why I bought a second copy was because of the "Old file does not exist" fortunately I can get them for just under £5 from Amazon, unfortunately, I don't have a credit card, or a job, although I plan on getting one when I finish my course at college, so in the meantime I'll have to wait until I can get Extra pocket money to get an amazon gift card)
ubermensche
I was just about to hit the books when I thought to myself: "Hey, let's check what's up with ROTR?"

Congrats guys! Thanks a lot!
Kicknut00
QUOTE (ComradeCrimson @ 31 Mar 2015, 17:51) *
Before everyone else floods this:

Pootis

Kommandant Karisse
Er, so do I need to make a Generals Online account for SWR.net? Or did I do something wrong? Sorry if this isn't the place to ask ><
Comr4de
QUOTE (Kommandant Karisse @ 31 Mar 2015, 21:05) *
Er, so do I need to make a Generals Online account for SWR.net? Or did I do something wrong? Sorry if this isn't the place to ask ><

Nope go into Multiplayer > Network and you are ready to roll! Be sure to enable SWR.Net on the launcher before you do so!
Thelord444
I downloaded it but i can't play today sad.gif the hype is killing me, specially with swr.net picture, hnnnnnnnnng, i need to wait for like another 8 hours

sad.gif
(2142)Gen.Reaper
I love the release, so far my only complaint is that the AI, at least for the GLA, no longer waits for the player to build a superweapon first before building it's own. I actually liked that about the old AI meant I could take my time on things and not worry about half my base being wiped out in a single strike. I don't like being rushed.

Also my GLA AI only seems to be building rebels and combat cycles.
Kommandant Karisse
QUOTE (Comr4de @ 31 Mar 2015, 22:21) *
Nope go into Multiplayer > Network and you are ready to roll! Be sure to enable SWR.Net on the launcher before you do so!
I tried that just now, and for whatever reason it doesn't show anyone else in the menu. I clicked the thing to enable SWR.net and everything.
GDIZOCOM
QUOTE (Thelord444 @ 1 Apr 2015, 10:28) *
I downloaded it but i can't play today sad.gif the hype is killing me, specially with swr.net picture, hnnnnnnnnng, i need to wait for like another 8 hours

sad.gif

I have to wait until Monday ani8b.gif
Renmazuo9
Very awesome, much appreciated <3

Surprised it was 740 MB's though, thought it was going to be 800ish, if that was just an estimate then please ignore this sentence.

Also the Change List is LEGEND (wait for it) ARY !
TimeBurner
Its ouuutttt! hahahahahhah! im so dissapointed... sad.gif nahhh just kidding! im sooooooooo happy! fuck you all! continental fuck you motherfuckas! Its time to steam roll! Thank youuuuu SWR! Thanks!
Kommandant Karisse
Okay, well I found one game with Bruce in it but other than that I didn't see anything. Weird ><

Would anyone be willing to do 2v2 compstomps with me at some point in the near future? I need to practice a bit against Hard AI first, but ...
Composite armour
QUOTE (Kommandant Karisse @ 1 Apr 2015, 4:15) *
Okay, well I found one game with Bruce in it but other than that I didn't see anything. Weird ><

Would anyone be willing to do 2v2 compstomps with me at some point in the near future? I need to practice a bit against Hard AI first, but ...

I'd be up for Compstomps, just drop me a message on skype if you're up for one.
ID: ledgend1221
Alex1guy
Excellent stuff team.
GeneralCamo
I think I may know the problem with SWR.Net. Do those of you having problems have a 64-bit system?
X1Destroy
I thought this was an April's Fool joke, until I downloaded the it...........

Great.
Rohan
It will take me a whole day to download this, so I will be MIA till then. gun8.gif
Joe Kidd
Oh boy oh boy oh boy, i was about to go to bed, now im gonna stay up all night. i was wanting to play some strategy other than Civ 5 and AoE, this is amazing I love you guys, after 2 years, it will be worth it.

Oh and Comr4de, YES

EDIT: Good ol' clearwire, this is gonna take about 3 hours...
XAttus
QUOTE (Generalcamo @ 1 Apr 2015, 5:32) *
I think I may know the problem with SWR.Net. Do those of you having problems have a 64-bit system?

oh boy, isn't it a bit early to assume there is a problem with it? I have a 64 bit OS too...

make sure it has admin rights, that got me a few times too. If you are still having issues then I suggest making a detailed thread in bug report.
TimeBurner
I cant see anyone on the multiplayer network lobby. why!!??
Cezzar
QUOTE (TimeBurner @ 1 Apr 2015, 6:28) *
I cant see anyone on the multiplayer network lobby. why!!??

Yeah me too, i cant also see anyone. I dissabled my firewall off and still, no one there but swr says its around 50 people online :/

My connection just switching from on to off about 10 times per second the whole time
TimeBurner
yeah mine too 50 people are online yet I cant see anyone on the lobby
nikitazero678
AT LAST! 1.85 is finally out!

Downloading now, can't wait to play it so badly that I have to skip my class today!
X1Destroy
I remembered that the Vanguard was able to deploy sentry gun. Now where is that?

Also, I can't see anyone in the lobby.
TimeBurner
It says 55+ players online,yet I cant see anyone on the freaking lobby! help!
Emin96
OMG YES YESSSSSSSSSSSSS
SiR Chaff
QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 1 Apr 2015, 14:03) *
I remembered that the Vanguard was able to deploy sentry gun. Now where is that?

Also, I can't see anyone in the lobby.

Vanguard sentry gun was scrapped. Check the streams where Vanguard+Humvee+Starlifter / Vanguard+Osprey tactics raped bases, you'll see why.
Maelstrom
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.