Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Voice actors
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > ShockWave
Skoony
I searched for "voice actor" and my question didn't seem to come up.

How did they (SWR) get the voice actors for Colonel Burton, Paladin etc. to come and do the lines like "laser paladin"? They sound exactly the same as the original units. This always impressed me. It's not like a concept for laser units were coded into ZH and then scrapped, right?
Nemanja
You would be surprised if you knew how many stuff was scrapped in both original Generals and ZH.
ComradeCrimson
QUOTE (re_simeone @ 20 Apr 2015, 12:33) *
You would be surprised if you knew how many stuff was scrapped in both original Generals and ZH.

They were scrapped unit lines in the files.

We didn't peg up the original voice actors from back in the day yo, we'd be broke if we did tongue.gif

Skoony
I see! That's interesting.
I guess a lot of the units were "laid out" then, in a way. Especially the laser stuff. But wow, is Shockwave good. The regular ZH is so tame in comparison. What would we do without it
Nemanja
QUOTE (ComradeCrimson @ 20 Apr 2015, 17:01) *
They were scrapped unit lines in the files.

...for scrapped new units and variants of old units.
EA decided that instead making things more interesting they would rush with a release
and decide for a "this general will have some special unit,well he wont have MBT in return" approach.
Skoony
Just played with the Enforcer today and that has got the Crusader lines, but delivered differently. Was that someone from the team who made it?
Kommandant Karisse
QUOTE (Skoony @ 21 Apr 2015, 20:51) *
Just played with the Enforcer today and that has got the Crusader lines, but delivered differently. Was that someone from the team who made it?
I think that one had its lines taken from the Generals beta.
Alias
From what I remember, all of the voice lines in Shockwave are either from scrapped lines from the Generals alpha/beta or from lines from previous C&C games (particularly RA2).

There are no custom team-made voice lines as far as I remember (my memory is pretty bad these days...), if there are any, at most they would be for 2 or 3 units max.
GuardianTempest
However there are some units that just sound so flawless, looking at you Skycrane and MG ranger. There's also Ironside's infantry who sounded a bit too excited to fire his weapon at something. (I think it was the 1.0 Red Arrow?)
Kommandant Karisse
QUOTE (GuardianTempest @ 22 Apr 2015, 20:26) *
However there are some units that just sound so flawless, looking at you Skycrane and MG ranger. There's also Ironside's infantry who sounded a bit too excited to fire his weapon at something. (I think it was the 1.0 Red Arrow?)
I think those voices were also from the beta, referring to the first two. As for the old Blue Arrow voiceovers ... I have no idea honestly.
SqUak
Only if EA didn't rush with the release sad.gif zero hour would have been 10 times better
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.