Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thoughts on Total War: Warhammer Cinematic Trailer
SWR Productions Forum > Community > Games Discussion
Adoge
This
Will it be another Attila/Rome or could it take the series in a whole new direction?
Alias
It may help to label this topic something more accurate (as in, the name), I was about to post a thread myself but thankfully saw this first.

This has been expected for quite a while, I'm very interested to see how it turns out. Warhammer has for a long time needed a proper strategy game for it, I'm quite interested to see how CA will handle spells and the like, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

So far it seems to be confirmed to only be four playable races on release (Empire, Dwarves, Orcs/Goblins and Vampire Counts), but this is a Total War and a Warhammer game so expect quite a bit of faction DLC and they have already confirmed two expansions as well.

All I want is Tomb Kings, and I'm sure a lot of people would quite like Chaos to be playable too, but I guess we may have to wait for an expansion.
Adoge
QUOTE (Alias @ 23 Apr 2015, 18:11) *
It may help to label this topic something more accurate (as in, the name), I was about to post a thread myself but thankfully saw this first.

This has been expected for quite a while, I'm very interested to see how it turns out. Warhammer has for a long time needed a proper strategy game for it, I'm quite interested to see how CA will handle spells and the like, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

So far it seems to be confirmed to only be four playable races on release (Empire, Dwarves, Orcs/Goblins and Vampire Counts), but this is a Total War and a Warhammer game so expect quite a bit of faction DLC and they have already confirmed two expansions as well.

All I want is Tomb Kings, and I'm sure a lot of people would quite like Chaos to be playable too, but I guess we may have to wait for an expansion.

Sorry man, still getting used to it so I was wondering about how to change the topic's title (also yeh, I'm surprised at the number of people wo are surprised at it given the leaks and the fact that CA hired a Warhammer consultant),

Secondly, from what i gather, given the Imperial priests transformation into a Tzeentch sorcerer and the presence of the Lord of Change, I'm gathering we are getting Chaos as well, however i wouldn't be surprised if they are DLC.

The Third thing that surprised me was the fact that CA aren't developing it in the End Times universe (or maybe that will come in later), given that Games Workshop are using that to relaunch the Warhammer universe (according to rumours.)
Alias
You can use the Edit --> Full Edit function at the bottom of your first post to change the thread title.
Svea Rike
Such a missed opportunity. Should've called it Total Warhammer.
Adoge
I take that back Alias
Chaos didn't make the cut dry.gif .... my favourite faction is Warriors of Chaos.
I'm actually kind of Happy with the choices though
Because 4 factions represents a lot of fluff in itself and also Vampire Counts made the cut certainly changes it up. I'm actually willing to pay for new races because unike the Rome 2 culture packs which weren't that different, each race changes the play.
So happy High Elves and Dark Elves didn't make the cut and instead we get Dwarves and Vampire Counts.

However... I'm still cautious, I won't preorder unless I've seen something I'm actually willing to spend a lot on.
Alias
Oh, it's a Total War game, should never be preordering. wink.gif

Best to buy it a month or two after release when they've fixed the inevitable major bugs that have plagued the release version of every TW game since Medieval II.

The four factions is just the confirmed release races, I'm more than certain the roster will more than double like what happened with Dawn of War, the fact we are getting proper expansions rather than faction/unit DLC confirms this further.
Adoge
QUOTE (Alias @ 23 Apr 2015, 22:38) *
Oh, it's a Total War game, should never be preordering. wink.gif

Best to buy it a month or two after release when they've fixed the inevitable major bugs that have plagued the release version of every TW game since Medieval II.

The four factions is just the confirmed release races, I'm more than certain the roster will more than double like what happened with Dawn of War, the fact we are getting proper expansions rather than faction/unit DLC confirms this further.

Yeh sure,
All I was saying was it was an interesting choice of release races.
Nasher660
QUOTE (Adoge @ 23 Apr 2015, 12:47) *
I take that back Alias
Chaos didn't make the cut dry.gif .... my favourite faction is Warriors of Chaos.
I'm actually kind of Happy with the choices though
Because 4 factions represents a lot of fluff in itself and also Vampire Counts made the cut certainly changes it up. I'm actually willing to pay for new races because unike the Rome 2 culture packs which weren't that different, each race changes the play.
So happy High Elves and Dark Elves didn't make the cut and instead we get Dwarves and Vampire Counts.

However... I'm still cautious, I won't preorder unless I've seen something I'm actually willing to spend a lot on.

Have you watched the trailer?

*spoiler*

At the end of the trailer you have a lord of change! You don't get more Choas than that in my book!
Adoge
QUOTE (Nasher660 @ 24 Apr 2015, 1:50) *
Have you watched the trailer?

*spoiler*

At the end of the trailer you have a lord of change! You don't get more Choas than that in my book!

That's what I said above...

However, after checking the information... *apparently* only the Orcs, Empire, Dwarves and Vampire Counts are due to be release factions. i reckon Chaos will be the first expansion/DLC
Adoge
As Alias said,

there is still a possibility for a bigger release roster.
Midlii
Knowing SEGA, it will be DLC heavy arguably to the point of nickel diming. CA has been slipping with their recent flagship franchise so it is difficult to get excited for this even though I genuinely want to.

The Total War series could use a major ramp up by now, CA should tread new grounds and employ some drastic changes to how massive RTS work then perhaps work their way to incorporated less conventional warfare into the Total War formula. If they can manage pull that off, perhaps Total War: Warhammer 40k would cease being a pipe dream.
Imperium
I used to love total war.

Five, maybe six years ago this would have gotten my blood pumping.

Now its just some cinematic trailer made by hacks that have ruined my second favorite game franchise and poisoned the well of good intentions.

We'll see how good this game is one year after release, when modders fix the broken half baked mess.
UNTIL THEN IM GOING TO PLAY RAGE OF THE DARK GODS/CALL OF WARHAMMER, AN INCREDIBLE WARHAMMER FANTASY BATTLE MOD FOR MEDIEVAL 2 KINGDOMS (THE BEST TOTAL WAR GAME, PERIOD).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.