Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ROTR 1.85 launch Error
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds > Support Forum
crashdodgers
Hi, right just reinstall 1.85, but it will not launch, all it dose is come will access denied and game has been installed in the frong folder? What the hell is a frong folder and way has the game been installed in it. I have attached screen shot of both messages.
Guard Llama
So most likely what has happened is that you have installed the mod in the wrong folder. "Frong" is a typo for "wrong". If you look under the EA Games folder you will probably discover that the ROTR files have installed in the EA Games folder, rather than the Zero Hour folder. Re-install making sure that the mod installs in the "Command & Conquer™ Generals Zero Hour" folder.

Basically the default installation path doesn't always match the actual location of your Zero Hour files.
crashdodgers
Thank you for that possible explanation, but it dose not fit the problem except for the "typo". I have all ready check the system and found it in the C: EA Games/ Zero Hour.

I also have tried making a new file in the c:/ programs 86, but still keeps coming up with the same message about the "Frong Folder".

So has any one else got any great ideas as I am running out of ideas?
crashdodgers
Well I am now getting really feed up with this as I have uninstalled this and generals zero-hour, on multiple number of times. And I am still getting the same response from them game and the lack of support from the dev team is also really get me angry, as I have Not been able to play this game and I have two systems and I am unable to play on ether of the two systems as the same problem on both.

So if any one from the dev team is reading this please contact me with some sort of help.
Andr
I've got the same issue currently, any ideas would be helpful? cheers
3rdShockArmy
My friend had a same issue. We improvised by installing the ZH in a separate folder called Program files, but without x86 extension. Than we installed ROTR in that same folder and it worked. Just don't put it in the Program Files(86).
dava
Alright, lets do a little trick.

Please open the launcher and press "Ctrl + Alt + E". This is the exact folder where the launcher is located in. There has to be Zero Hour installed in (a "generals.exe" has to be here as well as other required ZH files like "Music.big" or "SpeechZH.big") and Rotr as well (well... if the launcher led you here, this point is probably correct. But look for something like a "!!Rotr_Patch.gib" too).
RockingReilly
QUOTE (dava @ 14 May 2015, 6:11) *
Alright, lets do a little trick.

Please open the launcher and press "Ctrl + Alt + E". This is the exact folder where the launcher is located in. There has to be Zero Hour installed in (a "generals.exe" has to be here as well as other required ZH files like "Music.big" or "SpeechZH.big") and Rotr as well (well... if the launcher led you here, this point is probably correct. But look for something like a "!!Rotr_Patch.gib" too).

http://imgur.com/l2Q1ex4
I have had the same issue and have all files you have said.
*Found out the error being the music and speech file but now I seem to get a Activation.dll failed
**So after hours of messing around, I put all the .dll files into the mod cause one by one the mode said it needed them and then gave me a prompt to reinstall generals we will see where this takes me.
gabbastu72
QUOTE (crashdodgers @ 2 May 2015, 9:39) *
Well I am now getting really feed up with this as I have uninstalled this and generals zero-hour, on multiple number of times. And I am still getting the same response from them game and the lack of support from the dev team is also really get me angry, as I have Not been able to play this game and I have two systems and I am unable to play on ether of the two systems as the same problem on both.

So if any one from the dev team is reading this please contact me with some sort of help.

i had the same problem ...when u install,install not the mainzero hour folder but the 2nd folders
crashdodgers
well I tried reinstalling it in the programs folder, but still will not launch. I even tried the "Ctrl + Alt + E" but not sure as to how this is going to help if I have no idea what the problem is?
Ryan Le
Well, how about set compability to WinXP, and run as Admin ? Mine worked
wistfane
I recently installed the mods over origin and running in the same error. I reinstalled ZH and the mod multiply times and checked the folder and admin priviledges plenty of times. It just wont work. Will the devs please make a fix for this. THe previous version ran absolutely fine. Its the the new SWR online malarky thats causing the problems I bet
wistfane
I found a fix for this. Mind you I dont know if it works for all so heres what I have and what I did.

I have Origin legacy edition with all CnC games and they are all german versions. RotR 1.85.Windowns 7.

In when installing the game in origin. Set the install path to Programe Files 86 -> Ea Games-> Zero Hour-> Zero Hour ( yes again) Install all the components there. Thenupdate swr to 1.01. When the launcher comes up play the game this will launch the origin launcher and select Zero Hour. This will in turn launch RotR. The games works perfectly fine on and offline.

Thanks to the devs for an awesome Mod. Those russian dubs are amazing! 8chi.png

Russian contruction vehicle and the black weapons dealer truck are my favourite.
Vergil
Ok my Brother finally got it to work Btw we have the first decade edition anyway when installing the mod go to programsx86 then select EA games choose Generals zero hour then click "data" after that there should be Rotr launcher click that and install it there and the game should work anyways this is how we did it not saying it works for all BTW works on win7 and winXp
ArdentLeviticus
SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW. DID EVERYTHING I COULD MOVED THE FUCKING FILES EVERYWHERE I COULD THINK OF AND STILL THE SAME GODDAMNED MESSAGE. FRONG FUCKING FOLDER MY ASS WHERE THE FUCK DO I PUT THE FILES? GETTING SO ANGRY BECAUSE OF THIS ONE STUPID ERROR
Maelstrom
QUOTE (ArdentLeviticus @ 10 Oct 2016, 15:13) *
SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW. DID EVERYTHING I COULD MOVED THE FUCKING FILES EVERYWHERE I COULD THINK OF AND STILL THE SAME GODDAMNED MESSAGE. FRONG FUCKING FOLDER MY ASS WHERE THE FUCK DO I PUT THE FILES? GETTING SO ANGRY BECAUSE OF THIS ONE STUPID ERROR

Welcome to the forum !

First of all, like in most forums, know that you will get better results if you are polite.

Second, because I'm a nice guy, I'll give you those few hints:

Did you install it in your Zero Hour folder (not Generals) ?
Did you correctly install Zero Hour 1.04 patch ?
Did you run the launcher as admin ?
crashdodgers
Sorry Guys, I have been bessie with trying to sort out another EA Game that I was having problems with and forgot to update this post.

All is well everything is working as it should game play that is, still having some problems with the worldbuilder maps not showing up, but apart from that all is good now. It turned out the the reason for the launcher error was due to not pathing ZeroHour, before trying to play ShockWave and ROTR.
ZunZero97
me happened that erro just desnstall ROTR 1.85 and 1.86 from program and characters and install the gam on the correct path the mine is C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Command & Conquer The First Decade\Command & Conquer™ Generals Zero Hour.

and that is all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.