Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blackout Outpost upgrade bug....
SWR Productions Forum > SWR Projects > Rise of the Reds > Bug Reports
Luna Sylvarus
So I have been playing ROTR for several days off and on now and just recently I realized that the radar tower has an upgrade that says "blocks general powers and superweapons" So I am like, "cool I wanna try that." And so I set up one and see it has a large green circle around it on the ground and I figure it means that it blocks those things within that circle...So I build several around my base creating a web of Blackout Outpost radar towers and wait because I want to test it. I am fighting solo against a hard USA AI and when his laser finally charges he finally fires and it hits my base tight where several of the towers range overlaps and thus the laser destroys my war factory and kills several of my troops. So I am like....what? Did I misunderstand the description or something or is that an actual failure to work on the radars part? And if it is a bug is it just me or has anyone else seen this? I looked around and I didn't see anyone else here posting anything about it so...I dunno...
Hecthor Doomhammer
The Blackout nodes never worked nor will ever be able to work against AI.
Luna Sylvarus
QUOTE (Hecthor Doomhammer @ 13 May 2015, 6:15) *
The Blackout nodes never worked nor will ever be able to work against AI.

How come? O.o also, it works against other players?
Also if it doesn't work and will never work when why is it still in the game? o.O
Hecthor Doomhammer
it works against other players, but from my understanding the AI will just cheat because that's how it's coded.
It's the same with Red Aler and Red Alert 2 and the Gap Generators vs AI
Luna Sylvarus
QUOTE (Hecthor Doomhammer @ 13 May 2015, 6:38) *
it works against other players, but from my understanding the AI will just cheat because that's how it's coded.
It's the same with Red Aler and Red Alert 2 and the Gap Generators vs AI

aaahh Well that is a fun thing to note lol thanks.
Shiro
The things still have use since they can act as observation posts due to being stealth. Still there are better things suited against AI. Versus humans they tend to be fairly effective though by potentially making them waste valueable intel powers.
vectorguy
QUOTE (Luna Sylvarus @ 13 May 2015, 12:27) *
How come? O.o also, it works against other players?
Also if it doesn't work and will never work when why is it still in the game? o.O

The AI "knows" where all your buildings and units are, otherwise it would just run around randomly attacking whatever.
A human opponent won't see stealthed things on the mini map, but sometimes a conspicuous black blob in the middle of a base is an obvious clue. Is this how it works?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.