GeneralCamo
post 14 Dec 2015, 5:00
Post #1

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

Alright, so I have decided to fix a few issues with this map. Here are the current issues that I know of:
  • Bridge in Center needs to be reworked or removed
  • A few issues with the drydock area in the southwest (I may just remake that area to take advantage of ROTR's assets)
  • Resources need to fit ROTR's supply style (Supply warehouses instead of supply docks)

If anyone else has feedback to improve this map, please say so. I'm going to start work on this tomorrow. Any issues and/or improvements that could be made to this map should be brought up here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 14 Dec 2015, 9:38
Post #2

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Making the middle more flat to build would be nice and for all of the buildings to be able to fire at each other.

I remember some old general gentlmen replays where some buildings couldnt attack each other.

Alongside that the wooden hut near the oil could be a stronger building and maybe an extra tech building would be nice....Im thinking repair pad (Not to be confused with the tech repair bay)

Cosmetic changes: Shiro said that she'd like to see the ECA ships (Map assets) In it and I'd be curious to see an uncaptureable tech shipyard added, maybe half of the battleship is inside it and the ships damaged rather then all new.

--------------------

+Quote Post
M.P
post 14 Dec 2015, 12:28
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10559

nvm

This post has been edited by Comrade M.P: 14 Dec 2015, 13:17

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 14 Dec 2015, 16:35
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 14 Dec 2015, 8:38) *
Making the middle more flat to build would be nice and for all of the buildings to be able to fire at each other.

I remember some old general gentlmen replays where some buildings couldnt attack each other.

Alongside that the wooden hut near the oil could be a stronger building and maybe an extra tech building would be nice....Im thinking repair pad (Not to be confused with the tech repair bay)

Cosmetic changes: Shiro said that she'd like to see the ECA ships (Map assets) In it and I'd be curious to see an uncaptureable tech shipyard added, maybe half of the battleship is inside it and the ships damaged rather then all new.

out of all that ^^^^^^
only the wooden hut needs changeing and what shiro suggested.
the tech buildings and the center of the map is fine.

Remove the bridge as it creates an unnecessary bottlekneck.
the station garrison next to the oil refinay 50/50 on its removal

if you decide to add a train to the map the existing track needs moved first as in its current location would either make the train give the se player a defence advantage or be a hindrance.

on the weather effect, pull it completely, snow fall just adds lag on lower end systems

switching the primary supply to 30k from 60k leave the secondary as 60k everything should be fine.

o and the drydock in the sw, either the secondary supply needs moved north a bit or the dock needs to go south a bit.
the gap between the dock and the supply dock is a bit small tanks etc can only go threw that bit 1 at a time.

This post has been edited by mr_Skittles: 14 Dec 2015, 16:39

--------------------

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 15 Dec 2015, 5:07
Post #5

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

Some progress pictures.
Reworked Dock:

Middle of the map:

In another angle (For mr_Skittles):

Main difficulty is in playtesting. I do not have access to a computer that can play Rise of the Reds, only run the WorldBuilder. This will slow me down significantly.

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 15 Dec 2015, 7:42
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

i still love that screen shot, gonna go have another look at it now in game with hd textures on tongue.gif

o and camo, theres a tree sticking threw the blockade fortress north corner back wall and a tree right smack infront of its garage door

This post has been edited by mr_Skittles: 15 Dec 2015, 7:48

--------------------

+Quote Post
XAttus
post 22 Dec 2015, 13:45
Post #7

Arena maker
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10203

I would gladly say I fully support this edit, but the blockade fortress in the middle is overkill in my opinion. That thing and the War fortress should never be in a crucial position on any map.

Otherwise yes, it's a good map and it's not featured in the map pack if I'm right.

sad.gif

This post has been edited by XAttus: 22 Dec 2015, 13:45

--------------------
XAttus
-game anyone?

The Hunter
- Nobody wants to play bombtruck simulator with you

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 8 Jan 2016, 11:18
Post #8

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

Is this map done yet?

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27 April 2024 - 11:26