Rise of the Reds Update: Defiance
Knossos
post 30 Mar 2014, 13:10
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9942

OH NIZE.

YOU CAN EAT CR@P FOR ALL I CARE, ALEKSI!

Nice to see a stable element in the Russian Army. I wonder what would the other Rus general feel about this, seeing that he hasn't been in the limelight for a while now.

--------------------
"The biggest problem of humanity is that it sees the failures first before the successes."

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HMS Warspite
post 30 Mar 2014, 13:59
Post #27

Queen Elizabeth-class Battleship
Group Icon

Member No.: 9874
Hello, Admire-ral!

Russian Topol-M Nukes. These miniature SCUD Storms give the middle finger to those damn turtling Europeans. boom8.gif \\ __\\ ____________________________________ / 8Isov.gif

QUOTE (General Vasily Zhukov, to General Charles Cutting, with his Claymores and Howitzer Positions)
You're not the ONLY one with far-range artillery. Let's see who has the last laugh now. duhsov.png

This post has been edited by Karpath: 30 Mar 2014, 14:05

+Quote Post
kwendy
post 30 Mar 2014, 15:03
Post #28

Group Icon

Member No.: 9854

You will be extremely sorry for this insolence. Keep that in mind for the rest of your worthless, pathetic life!
This villian is so cliche that it's amusing.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 30 Mar 2014, 16:35
Post #29

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

No one ever said he wasn't; or for that matter, any of the other characters. This irregular update-based mode of presentation makes it impractical to have too much complexity or nuance since most people still come for the gameplay content. The story will always be a side element to provide some narrative context for the gameplay experience and some light military-themed entertainment. As a result, characters, motivations and events have to be painted in broad strokes to keep things fluent and comprehensible without extensive infodumbs. Plus, just because something is playing with clichés doesn't mean it's bad; this whole 'cheese played straight' shtick was part of what made RA1 so entertaining and memorable back in its day.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 30 Mar 2014, 17:46
Post #30

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

I was missing the traditional updates, although it is still fun to watch the streams.

It's nice to know a little more about how is the man behind the mask... the idiot Alek took a real moral lesson.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Darky
post 30 Mar 2014, 17:57
Post #31

Group Icon

Member No.: 9643

QUOTE (MARS @ 30 Mar 2014, 17:35) *
No one ever said he wasn't; or for that matter, any of the other characters. This irregular update-based mode of presentation makes it impractical to have too much complexity or nuance since most people still come for the gameplay content. The story will always be a side element to provide some narrative context for the gameplay experience and some light military-themed entertainment. As a result, characters, motivations and events have to be painted in broad strokes to keep things fluent and comprehensible without extensive infodumbs. Plus, just because something is playing with clichés doesn't mean it's bad; this whole 'cheese played straight' shtick was part of what made RA1 so entertaining and memorable back in its day.

I don't see why you felt the need to explain that cliche =/= bad when that's exactly what the guy was saying.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 30 Mar 2014, 18:21
Post #32

Group Icon

I wasn't trying to be defensive or anything. I merely wanted to point out that we openly acknowledge the cliched nature of the ROTR story and provide a little insight into our rationale behind it, i.e. why we're presenting the story in the way we do, what we're trying to convey with it and what it's like to work with this kind of unconventional medium in practice, the challenges that may arise from it, the problems we're trying to avoid, etc.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 30 Mar 2014, 18:50
Post #33

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

So all this means that Russia have such amount of nukes that it can destroy whole C&C Generals,but it is well aware of its power
so never actually relies on that kind of warfare ? While China simply doesn't follow same ethical codex as rest of the world
(kind of highly charicaturized exaggerated version of their RL counterpart).

+Quote Post
MARS
post 30 Mar 2014, 18:55
Post #34

Group Icon

China had an in-universe 'excuse' to use nukes during the Global War On Terror because the GLA nuked them first, thus prompting the Party leadership to authorise retaliatory use of their own nukes as part of the PRC's RL 'no first use' policy.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 30 Mar 2014, 19:04
Post #35

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 30 Mar 2014, 19:55) *
China had an in-universe 'excuse' to use nukes during the Global War On Terror because the GLA nuked them first, thus prompting the Party leadership to authorise retaliatory use of their own nukes as part of the PRC's RL 'no first use' policy.

Yeah I understand that,but I was also thinking about China at the time of ROTR,deploying Nukeneers,Nuclear Hans...
Weapons that didn't saw use during GWOT.I know those are like stated earlier localized smaller TNs,but again China have real guts
just to throw them like ain't no thing,meaning that they definitely have different ethical codex,or they simply use excuse you mentioned
for anything they think they should obliterate.

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 30 Mar 2014, 20:00
Post #36

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

^ China never saw any real action durring the storyline yet but when they do they too have a legitimate reason to do so wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 30 Mar 2014, 21:05
Post #37

Group Icon

Aha,so that means that all of Chinese nuclear weapons we are using in skirmish are for show in lore...For now.

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 30 Mar 2014, 22:16
Post #38

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

Nice update, I wonder if the magnitude of Aleksandr's coming atrocity will be what he was trying to do...

+Quote Post
BLGMGL
post 31 Mar 2014, 11:57
Post #39

Group Icon

Member No.: 500

QUOTE (Dangerman @ 31 Mar 2014, 5:16) *
Nice update, I wonder if the magnitude of Aleksandr's coming atrocity will be what he was trying to do...

I really hope he's to be arrested by the President Suvorov as 1. He (Aleks) already accomplished his initial mission to start the war, 2. I'm sure he's getting noticed by the President for his unstable psychological condition and inability to properly command large scale operations and 3. With that mistakes he has negative effects on President's rating among own military and probably civilian population too.

So my assumption is that once Aleks discovers about his arrest, he'll try to seize the control over the Kremlin. Chances are high that he'll fail and while escaping he'll try to turn himself over to GLA or even China or even go rogue against everyone. Kinda reminds me of madman Yuri during RA2 and RA2:YR. cool_worm.gif

We'll see.

This post has been edited by blgmgl: 31 Mar 2014, 11:58

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 31 Mar 2014, 13:35
Post #40

BANNED
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (blgmgl @ 31 Mar 2014, 11:57) *
I really hope he's to be arrested by the President Suvorov as 1. He (Aleks) already accomplished his initial mission to start the war, 2. I'm sure he's getting noticed by the President for his unstable psychological condition and inability to properly command large scale operations and 3. With that mistakes he has negative effects on President's rating among own military and probably civilian population too.

So my assumption is that once Aleks discovers about his arrest, he'll try to seize the control over the Kremlin. Chances are high that he'll fail and while escaping he'll try to turn himself over to GLA or even China or even go rogue against everyone. Kinda reminds me of madman Yuri during RA2 and RA2:YR. cool_worm.gif

i think the said no "civil wars" in the storyline so i dont think Alex will go against the rest of russia (it will be a short campaing for him anyway)
Suvorov probably has some fear if Alex spill the beans over the falseflag operation than started the war, if he spills them, i wont be surprise if China goes for Russia

--------------------

+Quote Post
Thelord444
post 31 Mar 2014, 13:41
Post #41

Group Icon

Member No.: 9986

One of the best stories, felt like with them.

i got a big hunch that eventually in one of the later missions Aleksandr is gonna go rogue and kill LOTS of people before going down. (if he goes down, he probably just disappear in mysterious events)

--------------------
"He who heard is not like he who saw"

+Quote Post
HMS Warspite
post 31 Mar 2014, 15:46
Post #42

Queen Elizabeth-class Battleship
Group Icon

Member No.: 9874
Hello, Admire-ral!

QUOTE (blgmgl @ 31 Mar 2014, 12:57) *

We'll see.

I was thinking that the last mission for the campaign would be the traitorous General Aleksandr (probably with the GLA to make things fair for Aleksandr) vs ECA (most likely as an auxiliary force of General Wilhelm and General Charles) and the Russian Federation (most probably as General Zhukov, with auxiliary reinforcements from General Orlov), with auxiliary US and/or Chinese (I'm thinking General Chen or Mau) reinforcements.

I was also imagining Aleksandr as the "final boss" where you have to micromanage Frank Jaeger, Boris and possibly the Venoms to defeat General Aleksandr, but that will make it too cliche.

This post has been edited by Karpath: 31 Mar 2014, 15:47

+Quote Post
Karpet
post 31 Mar 2014, 20:33
Post #43

Comrade Bear
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 9722
Projects: Deep Impact

QUOTE (Karpath @ 31 Mar 2014, 10:46) *
I was thinking that the last mission for the campaign would be the traitorous General Aleksandr (probably with the GLA to make things fair for Aleksandr) vs ECA (most likely as an auxiliary force of General Wilhelm and General Charles) and the Russian Federation (most probably as General Zhukov, with auxiliary reinforcements from General Orlov), with auxiliary US and/or Chinese (I'm thinking General Chen or Mau) reinforcements.

I was also imagining Aleksandr as the "final boss" where you have to micromanage Frank Jaeger, Boris and possibly the Venoms to defeat General Aleksandr, but that will make it too cliche.

Nah, it'd probably be more like "Send in Frank Jaeger/Boris to sabotage/destroy the power to allow our forces to get in."

This post has been edited by Karpet: 31 Mar 2014, 20:34

--------------------
Your feeling of helplessness is your best friend, savage.

+Quote Post
TornadoADV
post 1 Apr 2014, 3:23
Post #44

Group Icon

Member No.: 9536
Call the Ball

Well, thankfully this isn't real life. Use of tactical nuclear weapons by the Russians would be responded in kind by the US in accordance with NATO. Even in this verse, with the abrigation of NATO, I think the US would still react the same way in defense of Europe. Given that the US had modernized it's arsenal as well, Russia would have to deal with Midgetmen, AGM-129s from B-2s and SRAM IIs from B-1Bs and GLCMs. Would be fun to see a Nuclear Option protocol for US Generals. Bombing runs use nuclear weapons (B-52 would use a gravity bomb, even though it can launch nuke cruise missiles, B-1B would use multiple SRAM IIs and the B-2 would launch AGM-129s, a stealth bomber launching stealth nukes), Tomahawk Launchers would use nuclear payloads and the particle cannon would turn into a Midgetman launch site.

This post has been edited by TornadoADV: 1 Apr 2014, 3:24

+Quote Post
teslashark
post 1 Apr 2014, 4:50
Post #45

Group Icon

Member No.: 10319

So... Zhukov's answer to incompetent teammates: CTRL+LEFT CLICK on Command Center.

--------------------
And then...

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 1 Apr 2014, 17:00
Post #46

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

Wait a minute... No ROTR april fools update this year?!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neo3602
post 1 Apr 2014, 17:20
Post #47

Secure, Contain, Protect
Group Icon

Member No.: 9992

QUOTE (Svea Rike Soldier @ 1 Apr 2014, 10:00) *
Wait a minute... No ROTR april fools update this year?!

maybe it was because lots of people didn't get that it was a joke last year.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 1 Apr 2014, 18:07
Post #48

Group Icon

Or maybe it's because we just couldn't think of a fun premise, so we simply decided not to have an April Fools gimmick this year instead of pulling some lame, contrived throwaway gag out of our collective arse aw2.gif

+Quote Post
teslashark
post 1 Apr 2014, 20:45
Post #49

Group Icon

Member No.: 10319

QUOTE (MARS @ 1 Apr 2014, 10:07) *
Or maybe it's because we just couldn't think of a fun premise, so we simply decided not to have an April Fools gimmick this year instead of pulling some lame, contrived throwaway gag out of our collective arse aw2.gif

Your photo counts. Line and salute!

--------------------
And then...

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 1 Apr 2014, 21:04
Post #50

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

QUOTE (MARS @ 1 Apr 2014, 18:07) *

You could have done a Doritos and Mountain Dew themed one.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29 May 2024 - 9:13