Rise of the Reds Update: Red Aviation
Neo3602
post 23 Oct 2013, 2:45
Post #26

Secure, Contain, Protect
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9992

Nice Texture Update I'm sad to hear that the Frogfoot will be changed, Hopefully in exchange Russia will get a ground based way to deal with lots of tanks that doesn't involve just shooting them to death with your own tanks

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 23 Oct 2013, 6:25
Post #27

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

Now what's the problem of using your own tanks? Theres a reason Russia has many powerful tanks which can be mustered to form a large army in minutes and reducing any opposing vehicular army in seconds.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 23 Oct 2013, 6:38
Post #28

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9155

QUOTE (InsurgentCell @ 23 Oct 2013, 0:53) *
I disagree actually. I use the tesla unlock quite often in multiplayer games. Frogfoots are quite expensive, and die easily to AA. They are really only effective against large clumps of tanks without anti-air. Tesla tanks are quite versatile, being effective against both infantry and vehicles, though they are also fragile. Especially when attacking, they are too expensive to risk losing one to AA, since they are so fragile. Not to mention Russia does not have Spectre Gunships or Recon Planes to distract AA with.

Quite the opposite - upped Frogfoots annihilate T1 AA, and are capable of taking down T2 AA as well, to a limit - especially when on the move. Their range allows them to do that.

QUOTE (swedishplayer-97 @ 23 Oct 2013, 8:25) *
Now what's the problem of using your own tanks? Theres a reason Russia has many powerful tanks which can be mustered to form a large army in minutes and reducing any opposing vehicular army in seconds.

Wrong again - China surpasses Russia on the ground, in current public version of RotR (1802). Both in direct damage and AoE. (especially the latter).

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 23 Oct 2013, 6:40

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 23 Oct 2013, 6:57
Post #29

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

QUOTE (swedishplayer-97 @ 23 Oct 2013, 7:25) *

against china they lose.overlord +Hopper tank spam defeat anything on ground(maybe eca tanks with manticore do a little better)seriously, china is Op

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 23 Oct 2013, 8:51
Post #30

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

People,people,it is not yet confirmed that Frogfoot is out,so don't panic.
I rather think that Airfield unlock would be moved to higher rank,
or it would be reworked in similar fashion as GLA one works,example :
Lvl1 unlocks aierfield and Berkuts,
Lvl2 unlocks paratroopers,
Lvl3 unlocks Froogfoots.

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 23 Oct 2013, 10:07
Post #31

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

I like that new airfield 8Isov.gif

Any chance of a GLA update soon?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Claine
post 23 Oct 2013, 15:08
Post #32

Group Icon

Member No.: 8902

this update soo sweet, not only by seeing it, i can totally play it ani8b.gif

thank's team

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 23 Oct 2013, 15:14
Post #33

Group Icon

Member No.: 8905
Loves guessing games

Gawd I can't take my eyes off that Airfield! It's beyond the level of awesome! :3

edit - oh my reworking Ruskie airfield to unlock like the GLA one would require a rework of the 3 lvl gen power that would replace. Probably won't happen.

Dunno how China being OP jumped into the conversation... how about replacing Hopper's cannons with MGs? Maybe those can be replaced with cannons in later tiers through some kinda upgrade?

This post has been edited by SpiralSpectre: 23 Oct 2013, 15:22

+Quote Post
Neo3602
post 23 Oct 2013, 15:24
Post #34

Secure, Contain, Protect
Group Icon

Member No.: 9992

QUOTE (swedishplayer-97 @ 22 Oct 2013, 23:25) *

There is nothing wrong with using your own tanks, but sometimes that isn't an option(ie. against a Chinese hopper/battlemaster spam) and it would be nice to have something to counter that, that is ground based

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheSneakyGLA
post 23 Oct 2013, 15:41
Post #35

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10059
Projects: ROTR Tester

Any obscure information about GLA? mellow.gif

--------------------
Printing Quadcannons.

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 23 Oct 2013, 15:57
Post #36

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

MARS has said he has an upcoming update about GLA.

--------------------

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 23 Oct 2013, 19:40
Post #37

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

QUOTE (swedishplayer-97 @ 23 Oct 2013, 7:25) *

Massed AOE spam. Massed minefields. Massed small units that do not lack firepower in anyway.

Sure, nothing wrong with using tanks. But there are times and places that you can't use tanks even if when you want to.

BTW, I hope that the stats of the frog won't change because that's how the most expensive jet should be. Changing the upgrade is fine.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 23 Oct 2013, 19:43

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 23 Oct 2013, 21:34
Post #38

Group Icon

QUOTE (SpiralSpectre @ 23 Oct 2013, 16:14) *
edit - oh my reworking Ruskie airfield to unlock like the GLA one would require a rework of the 3 lvl gen power that would replace. Probably won't happen.

I didn't say that it would happen,just gave example to people to open their minds little bit,
no one actually stated that Frogfoot will be scrapped,yet everyone are panicking.
But again you can't say that something similar wont happen,just read what MARS stated few posts back...
Something "radical and possibly even controversial" is about to happen...

+Quote Post
Claine
post 24 Oct 2013, 2:19
Post #39

Group Icon

Member No.: 8902

frog-foot is under contraction of testla technology right now, i guess... hopefully he can survive so we can see him again, probably one of General smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
BLGMGL
post 24 Oct 2013, 6:58
Post #40

Group Icon

Member No.: 500

Just please don't remove Su-25 under any circumstances!

Anyway, I don't think Frogfoots are extensively used due to their ridiculously high cost. Although one can unlock airfield GP, Frogfoots are limited to 3, unlike 4 in USA and China. Hence, the balance!

Don't let US aggressors capture our beloved Mother Russia's asset!
http://forum.keypublishing.com/attachment....mp;d=1093969957

This post has been edited by blgmgl: 24 Oct 2013, 6:58

+Quote Post
MARS
post 24 Oct 2013, 7:12
Post #41

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

This is a problem that is not mitigated by the cost, because it stems from the very function of the Frogfoot itself. Right now, getting the VVS unlock in order to field Frogfoots is widely regarded as essential to playing Russia because the Frogfoot allows them to deliver a decently sized blob of massive damage with little delay. This creates a railroad situation where you still have the choice to pick something else, but you're extremely inclined to get the VVS just so that you don't miss out on that crucial advantage that Frogfoots (not even Berkuts, ONLY Frogfoots) provide. And that's the problem: By design, the Russian air force was never meant to give you a -crucial- advantage. It was meant to be useful under a variety of circumstances (more so than the GLA's) but not to the point where you're at a literal disadvantage if you miss out on it. It's a design-breaking imbalance that we consciously left in the game for years for lack of a viable alternative, which we are now trying to find by making the intended tank/helicopter combination more viable.

+Quote Post
Eagle 11
post 24 Oct 2013, 8:14
Post #42

Group Icon

Member No.: 10125

^
hint: MRLS. Range increase. Seperation of warheads into AT & Flame.
tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 24 Oct 2013, 8:23
Post #43

Group Icon

Well it is not like that SWR will lost tons of money if remove or limit something community doesn't want them to.
Anyway,you guys have really sparkled my imagination with that statement about enhancing current Russian helicopters,
can't wait to see them how they would perform in game.

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 24 Oct 2013, 8:25
Post #44

Group Icon

Loves guessing games

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 24 Oct 2013, 2:34) *
I didn't say that it would happen,just gave example to people to open their minds little bit,
no one actually stated that Frogfoot will be scrapped,yet everyone are panicking.
But again you can't say that something similar wont happen,just read what MARS stated few posts back...
Something "radical and possibly even controversial" is about to happen...

Ofc people are panicking. Panicking seems to be one of the main activities in the forums these days. Anyway I was rather pointing out why your guess is unlikely to happen, that's all. On the other hand that may just spread more panic!

But yeah it was more fun when people used to try to guess stuff once some sort of hint about a future development was dropped. These days they just panic and complain about something they don't know fully if at all... where has all the fun gone. sad.gif

edit - anyone wants to guess about new Russian helis? My vote is they're gonna be new and creative. Not helis that has seen, I dunno, maybe about three generations of combat.

This post has been edited by SpiralSpectre: 24 Oct 2013, 8:28

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 24 Oct 2013, 8:54
Post #45

Group Icon

I rather like to bet than guess,but since here is no betting option I'll have to guess...
I don't have anything more to say about jets,but as far as Helicopters go,I guess that
we are going to get new heli in next version while some of current ones would be
temporary removed until its reappearance in 2.0 where would be overhauled not just visually but gameplay vise.

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 24 Oct 2013, 9:42
Post #46

Group Icon

Loves guessing games

Why re-texture the current helis now if some of them would get temporarily removed in the next version? Yeah otherwise Russia would have a LOT of helis in the next version but such redundancies are accepted in betas and are left to be solved once the gens are implemented in 2.0.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 24 Oct 2013, 9:44
Post #47

Group Icon

QUOTE (SpiralSpectre @ 24 Oct 2013, 10:42) *
Why re-texture the current helis now if some of them would get temporarily removed in the next version? Yeah otherwise Russia would have a LOT of helis in the next version but such redundancies are accepted in betas and are left to be solved once the gens are implemented in 2.0.

My mistake,I wanted to say one.Not some.

+Quote Post
Emin96
post 24 Oct 2013, 10:17
Post #48

CHINA MAIN
Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 10145
ROTR Italian Translator

nice work! I'm very curious for eca and gla updates I heard that 1.85 will end this year.its true??

--------------------

+Quote Post
katmoda12
post 27 Oct 2013, 23:39
Post #49

Group Icon

Member No.: 64

Very nice update!!

some questions:

-I can't find any relevant difference between the new and old hunchback, astonishing both btw, can someone enlight me on this?

-I will miss the sexy red lights on the sides of the airstrips... very beautiful render.

On the frogfoot; it'd be a sad day if this beauty gets ripped off, but VVS is indeed a no-brain point spent... what if the frogfoot gets Vikr missiles and became the the Su-25T?

+Quote Post
Shatterfury
post 28 Oct 2013, 21:17
Post #50

Group Icon

Member No.: 8857

If it can be answered, what do you guys plan?

Nerf the Frogfoot, add a new unit or add an ability to an existing unit.

I was thinking....the Buratino is not used that much, so why not add an ability for it to perform an artillery barrage that is exactly like the attack of the Frogfoot.

Said ability should have a cooldown ,30 sec, 45 sec , etc. that can be determined later.The ability could have a bigger range then the standard attack, up to the range of standard artillery.I don`t remember when the Buratino is available but it can be changed that it has the same tech requirements as the Froggie.

You could keep it as it is and add an expansive buyable upgrade that is activated later, but I guess the slots are in high demand.

This new Buratino, if the special ability has the range of standard artillery, will not overlap with the MSTA because it will have a big cooldown.

The new Buratino should be balanced so that the Froggie is still a better alternative.

What do you guys think?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25 May 2024 - 13:45