IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Balancing Discussion, Debating if features in the game could use more balancing tweaks
Shock
post 19 Dec 2010, 0:26
Post #26

Forum Green
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 17
Projects: SWR Productions

Leangs migs start with the afterburner upgrade (although it is bugged because they dont get faster actually, is fixed for the patch).

Test it with a nuke mig or something, and you will see the speed difference more clearly between two visually different migs.
Reason for edit: Afterburners are default but bugged

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alias
post 19 Dec 2010, 1:15
Post #27

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Member No.: 46

Actually, Shock, I think Leang gets the afterburner upgrade by default, which is probably the cause.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shock
post 19 Dec 2010, 1:16
Post #28

Forum Green
Group Icon

Member No.: 17

I that case she's bugged anyway, because leangs migs don't get faster because of it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 19 Dec 2010, 1:27
Post #29

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

I might be missing something, but if the upgrade is prebuild and Leang's MiG is only very barely slower than a vChina MiG with the upgrade, doesn't that mean the upgrade is in effect?

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 19 Dec 2010, 1:27
Post #30

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 19
Projects: ShockWave Tester
In birro veritas.

QUOTE (DragonHawk @ 18 Dec 2010, 23:48) *
Have you ever noticed the difference with and without the upgrade? I actually did a race with an upgraded mig and what that was not, one from vanilla china and one from special weapons. On a small 1v1 map from one corner of the map to another the upgraded one was ahead with a plane's length, that's like... two meters... Run from anti air? Make a difference? Be serious. It could outrun rockets before and it can do it the same now.
Like I said, they get a 15% chance to negate missiles anyway.

--------------------
TN

"The courageous enter dark caves alone. The clever send in the courageous first. The cleverest wait behind the clever."
--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 19 Dec 2010, 1:38
Post #31

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

Checking the ini code (damn this feels good for a change as I did not do that in ages):

CODE
Locomotor MIGLocomotor
  Speed                     = 160
  SpeedDamaged              = 160
yadayadayada

Locomotor MIGAfterBurnerLocomotor
  Speed                     = 200
  SpeedDamaged              = 160  <----- this might need a fix btw
yadayadayada

As I noticed, the Leang MiG has in fact the same locomotors as the conventional MiG BUT has no upgrade tag to actually get the speed upgrade. I double-checked, it's missing. It does have the tag to gain counter measures...

This post has been edited by KamuiK: 19 Dec 2010, 1:58

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 19 Dec 2010, 1:41
Post #32

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

it's a bug it has been fixed for the new version.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 19 Dec 2010, 1:57
Post #33

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

Rereading the thread I noticed this now too. Still it's strange then when he says upgraded MiGs are barely any better, as going by the code they are really 25% faster.

+Quote Post
post 19 Dec 2010, 4:58
Post #34

Group:
Member No.:

Warn: (0%) -----

I'm a bit confused... So was there a bug? Do Leang's migs start with upgrade? If so it would explain things.

+Quote Post
Casojin
post 19 Dec 2010, 10:36
Post #35

Group Icon

Member No.: 222

QUOTE (DragonHawk @ 18 Dec 2010, 2:58) *
The Phoenix Bomber concussion stun is too short to take advantage of. Maybe they are best used in the middle of combat, but that is a bit hard to manage. Does anybody use them? At least it's faster than the mig, even the upgraded one... sleep.gif

I think it's quite useful to support ground force but I haven't played multiplayer much these days (so, I haven't tried it online yet).

QUOTE (DragonHawk @ 19 Dec 2010, 5:48) *
Have you ever noticed the difference with and without the upgrade? I actually did a race with an upgraded mig and what that was not, one from vanilla china and one from special weapons. On a small 1v1 map from one corner of the map to another the upgraded one was ahead with a plane's length, that's like... two meters... Run from anti air? Make a difference? Be serious. It could outrun rockets before and it can do it the same now.

How did you test them? If you have captured the command center, the upgrade would be automatically transferred (which would upgrade your vChina MiG as well). If you capture the airfield, I'm not sure the upgrade is transferred.

--------------------
CASOJIN

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 19 Dec 2010, 12:14
Post #36

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

Member No.: 19
Projects: ShockWave Tester
In birro veritas.

QUOTE (DragonHawk @ 17 Dec 2010, 20:58) *
The Phoenix Bomber concussion stun is too short to take advantage of. Maybe they are best used in the middle of combat, but that is a bit hard to manage. Does anybody use them? At least it's faster than the mig, even the upgraded one... sleep.gif
The shutdown time is mostly useful for preventing retaliation against the unit itself or follow-up strikes. It wasn't meant for downing groups of units for an extended time so some kind of grand scheme could be put into effect, like with the Gaia Cannon.

--------------------
TN

"The courageous enter dark caves alone. The clever send in the courageous first. The cleverest wait behind the clever."
--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
post 19 Dec 2010, 12:55
Post #37

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE (Casojin @ 19 Dec 2010, 11:36) *
I think it's quite useful to support ground force but I haven't played multiplayer much these days (so, I haven't tried it online yet).

How did you test them? If you have captured the command center, the upgrade would be automatically transferred (which would upgrade your vChina MiG as well). If you capture the airfield, I'm not sure the upgrade is transferred.

Multiplayer with a friend.

+Quote Post
post 20 Dec 2010, 18:42
Post #38

Group:
Member No.:

QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 17 Dec 2010, 12:27) *
actualy the generals challenge shouldn't be crashing anymore this was verified by myself before 1.0 was released.

All the same it is crashing mostly on Lazer General. I am SW China but even then it is crashing on Lazer no matter what general I am using.
My PC Specs are as follows

1. Asus P5KPL-AM SE Motherboard
2. Windows XP Pro SP2
3. 2 GB RAM
4. ATI Radeon 4350 HD 512 MB PCIe Video Card
5. SoundBlaster Audigy SoundCard
6. E5400 Intel Dual Core Processor 2.7 GHz each core

Zero Hour does not crash at all on the Challenges. I have un/reinstalled Shockwave many times ..and ran scans and cleaned all registry entries.
No other Mods are present at the moment..but I have run NProject before and no crashed on the Challenge mode. ( I have since stripped out Zero Hour and re installed before running Shockwave.)

Nikon

+Quote Post
post 20 Dec 2010, 18:55
Post #39

Group:
Member No.:

Just wondering, is Ironside's Bradley attack supposed to be completely useless on its lonesome? I was slugging it out with an AI (I think it was in the challenge) and there was an artillery piece harassing my defenses, so I snuck up on it with an empty, TOW-less Humvee and killed it fairly quick. However, later repeating the experience with Ironside I tried to use a Bradley for the same purpose, but its main gun seemed to do diddly to a fragile artillery. I also tried infantry and it was kinda decent but still took longer than a Humvee.

This post has been edited by Sup with that?: 20 Dec 2010, 18:56

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 20 Dec 2010, 19:18
Post #40

Group Icon

QUOTE (Nikon @ 20 Dec 2010, 18:42) *
All the same it is crashing mostly on Lazer General. I am SW China but even then it is crashing on Lazer no matter what general I am using.
My PC Specs are as follows

1. Asus P5KPL-AM SE Motherboard
2. Windows XP Pro SP2
3. 2 GB RAM
4. ATI Radeon 4350 HD 512 MB PCIe Video Card
5. SoundBlaster Audigy SoundCard
6. E5400 Intel Dual Core Processor 2.7 GHz each core

Zero Hour does not crash at all on the Challenges. I have un/reinstalled Shockwave many times ..and ran scans and cleaned all registry entries.
No other Mods are present at the moment..but I have run NProject before and no crashed on the Challenge mode. ( I have since stripped out Zero Hour and re installed before running Shockwave.)

Nikon

Well your computer certainly shouldn't be cousing it that's for sure.
It might be something else then but i can tell you that the new version will have completly redone and fixed challenges so this random crash will likely not occur again after this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_alabaster_*
post 21 Dec 2010, 0:05
Post #41

Guests

QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 20 Dec 2010, 20:18) *
It might be something else then but i can tell you that the new version will have completly redone and fixed challenges so this random crash will likely not occur again after this.

That's good to hear. I had a look through my ZH install and everything seemed to be perfect, ran a test and still crashed on the 3rd general.

So, when you say re-done… gonna keep us in suspense or gonna let the changes out of the bag?

+Quote Post
DMZ
post 29 Dec 2010, 15:35
Post #42

Group Icon

Member No.: 215

Hello everyone, I am DMZ
I'll do an introduction later wink.gif
I used the search function but didn't see these changes suggested anywhere

A few minor issues:
Is it possible to somehow remove the "switch" effect where a Spectre is selected by everyone as soon as it's called in? It's kind of annoying.
Would it be possible to add a configuration to forbid superweapons(or prevent them from firing, as in case with some Chinese upgrades in the Nuke Silo?). Really like to slug it out with AI on hard without those pesky SW.

+Quote Post
Frostyarmy
post 29 Dec 2010, 15:43
Post #43

League is Life
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 153

I think you are underestimating their usefulness. They are cheap, deadly and also work as good distractions. A single GLA mine once completely turned the tide of a game where I knew I was done for. (I actually found I have the replay as well) My opponent had about 4 or so mdvees coming at me heading for my right flank and I had nothing to defend with but a few quads which were all the way across the map flanking his chinooks. Knowing I was dead I decided to just plant demo traps all over the place in the hope he would run over them. Much to my delight, he actually did run into them and his whole mdvee army was gone. It was pretty much GG from there.

Agreed i see no reason for such a useful tool early on to be buffed.

+Quote Post
BliTTzZ
post 29 Dec 2010, 19:15
Post #44

Army - group of people who fix diplomatic mistakes.
Group Icon

Member No.: 944

I have a question about Raptors vs Vees and Quads/Gattlings: 2 Raptors doing damage equal to vee's HP, but Vee don't die. The same thing vs Quads/Gattling, but in this situation 2 Raptors with LGM upgrade can't kill one AA.

Can be useful to choose Raptor's damage from 100 to 101?

This post has been edited by BliTTzZ: 29 Dec 2010, 19:16

--------------------

+Quote Post
post 29 Dec 2010, 20:07
Post #45

Group:
Member No.:

Quads and Gatling Tanks have resistance to missiles (not sure if it's specifically aircraft missiles or all missiles) to make them stand out as an anti-air unit. I don't know if Humvees are meant to be so resistant, though.

+Quote Post
BliTTzZ
post 29 Dec 2010, 20:38
Post #46

Army - group of people who fix diplomatic mistakes.
Group Icon

Member No.: 944

QUOTE (Sup with that? @ 29 Dec 2010, 21:07) *
Quads and Gatling Tanks have resistance to missiles (not sure if it's specifically aircraft missiles or all missiles) to make them stand out as an anti-air unit. I don't know if Humvees are meant to be so resistant, though.

Dude, 2 Raptors doing damage equal to vee's HP, but it wont die. Why? Same vs AA (when Raptors with LGM).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frostyarmy
post 30 Dec 2010, 3:43
Post #47

League is Life
Group Icon

Member No.: 153

Because

Tanks > AntiAir

AntiAir > Airforce

Just like

Airforce > Tanks

Just like

Rocket men > Tanks

Just like

Infantry > Rocket men

Its called a balance system , if you want to get rid of the AA build a tank.

This post has been edited by Zhao: 30 Dec 2010, 3:46

+Quote Post
post 30 Dec 2010, 12:02
Post #48

Group:
Member No.:

Isn't the range of AA a tad too big? You don't see air units firing at half that range. And you can't even scout an AA with a helicopter without being shot down.

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 30 Dec 2010, 12:09
Post #49

Group Icon

QUOTE (DragonHawk @ 30 Dec 2010, 12:02) *
Isn't the range of AA a tad too big? You don't see air units firing at half that range. And you can't even scout an AA with a helicopter without being shot down.

If they would then air units would dominate all the time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 30 Dec 2010, 12:11
Post #50

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

This isnt RA3 and the USA don't have Vindicators. If an AA unit would get owned by an AG-bomber, that would make the AA unit pointless.
Edit - ninja'd by Hunter

This post has been edited by KamuiK: 30 Dec 2010, 12:12

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27 April 2024 - 22:09