post 19 Aug 2009, 21:40
Post #26

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Overdose @ 18 Aug 2009, 23:52) *
You people need personal tesla coils. That will keep the robbers away.

I ordered one last year but the real price is waaaaay too high tongue.gif

QUOTE (Alias @ 19 Aug 2009, 7:30) *
You watch waaaay too many crime shows.
It is highly unlikely that they'd be in the system, even if they're a past thief the most they'd probably have is fingerprints.

It is not THAT unlikely, the crime scene and how crimes are solved has evolved in the recent years alot - or at least in Germany I8.gif8I.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 20 Aug 2009, 0:41
Post #27

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 96
Projects: SWR Productions

How unfortunate. I've personally experienced robbery myself, so I understand how you feel. Still, there's really not much you can do about what has already happened besides hope that the criminal will be put to justice (or gets hit by a car). However, maybe you could prepare yourself for the next one; maybe you can't afford a tesla coil, but you may be able to get a barred windows or a sturdier door.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 20 Aug 2009, 3:36
Post #28

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

QUOTE (Chyros @ 18 Aug 2009, 16:25) *
Several times?! What sort of hellhole is Dallas, man? tongue.gif

This didn't happen in Dallas. I once lived in Mexico City, though we did get robbed here in Dallas during the night after we left the Garage door open by accident. Only some items in the garage were stolen though. They caught them though so they got what they had coming.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
Cobretti
post 20 Aug 2009, 5:27
Post #29

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 47

Yea, I have relatives who live in Dallas...in their neighborhood, people leave their house doors unlocked; anyone dumb enough to try to rob them risks getting shot! ani8(1).gif But the beauty of this system is that people there are highly unlikely ever to have to blow robber's heads off. The fact that most homeowners are believed to be armed reduces crime, in that neighborhood at least, to statistically insignificant levels.

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton

Resquiescat in pace, CommanderJB 1991-2009

+Quote Post
Alias
post 20 Aug 2009, 9:56
Post #30

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 46

We leave our doors unlocked and we have never have had firearms, never fired firearms and we do not aim to ever touch one.
Infact, there's probably about 1 in 100 people in the neighbourhood I'm in that have firearms... and there's not much crime at all (I'm live near to one of the most undesirable places to live in my area, where you could find a dealer in every side road).

You really need to look at cause and effect. What you're concluding here is the fact that you live in an area that has firearms you are safe to keep your doors unlocked... which is not cause and effect, it's like me saying that if I throw a paper aeroplane and it flies for a hundred metres that it's entirely from my throw. Yes, both the cause and the effect happened, but you're missing the tailwind that goes inbetween, which in many cases becomes the actual cause and the throw just becomes the trigger.

This post has been edited by Alias: 20 Aug 2009, 10:02

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 April 2024 - 15:24