About USA, Conclusion
ZunZero97
post 26 Jun 2016, 0:39
Post #1

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10865
a man who play videogames, What are you waiting for me?

Well I have been playing in USA and I have come to the conclusion that costs play with tanks T1, I played vanilla generals and it's hard to play without tanks at T0 so needed the Crusaders Tanks to move on T0, and improve armor Ospreys, because a Tunguska lower it immediately and I fail to move them to safety, improvements could move to T1 as the TOW, Hover Engine, etc. I mean they need the Detention Camp, because just a quad, tunguska rush can be spamed to only beat you in gg, so it does not have much science, you can not defend that easy against them, they kill the infantry as finger lickin kill you fast gatherers and humvees do not support you well when you send only those, and HK are not very good as say, only one tunguska is needed and your eco will fall, the Crusaders could be an answer against these AA, improving a humvee can not be helpful, might be better in T1 for their improvements TOW, or even T2 could disable vehicles, and in the case could take three Humvees to disable a sentinel at least.

In conclusion, you can rush USA with basic AA, so USA will be unable to build tanks, Guardian Drones are slow and weak to defend and attack.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 26 Jun 2016, 0:47
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

QUOTE (ZunZero97 @ 26 Jun 2016, 0:39) *
Well I have been playing in USA and I have come to the conclusion that costs play with tanks T1, I played vanilla generals and it's hard to play without tanks at T0 so needed the Crusaders Tanks to move on T0, and improve armor Ospreys, because a Tunguska lower it immediately and I fail to move them to safety, improvements could move to T1 as the TOW, Hover Engine, etc. I mean they need the Detention Camp, because just a quad, tunguska rush can be spamed to only beat you in gg, so it does not have much science, you can not defend that easy against them, they kill the infantry as finger lickin kill you fast gatherers and humvees do not support you well when you send only those, and HK are not very good as say, only one tunguska is needed and your eco will fall, the Crusaders could be an answer against these AA, improving a humvee can not be helpful, might be better in T1 for their improvements TOW, or even T2 could disable vehicles, and in the case could take three Humvees to disable a sentinel at least.

In conclusion, you can rush USA with basic AA, so USA will be unable to build tanks, Guardian Drones are slow and weak to defend and attack.

1. ofc u can rush usa with aa thats intended
2. why the heck are you trying to take on sents with humvies?
3. yeah crusaders at t0 are a bad idea, rip eca and gla
4. humvies can take tungs, go tow upgrade and micro ur units properly
5. hk's are realy good, they excel at early dozer snipeing

the only thing i agree on is that Guardian drones are weak, no point in building them. ever

This post has been edited by mr_Skittles: 26 Jun 2016, 0:49

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 26 Jun 2016, 0:48
Post #3

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

USA got a trait nobody has, which is missile infantry firing through buildings.
You gotta buidl your base in a way that each building act a wall, with firebases covering your supplies, positioning your barracks facing inwards to get more Missile defends behind the wall in case it gets overpowered.

Thing is if that rush failed, the enemy is set back a ton.

Also , Humvee kiting is key, it's hard to preform though. But if you're ballzy enough , then you can do Viper flanks on the AA when they are trying to get your ospreys, then kite around em while missile defenders fire from a far.

Did this to Skit's Quad rush several times, then snowballed with rocket pod viper spam and it was brutal. Note that both of us are of equal skill when it comes to handling our factions, and often than not if you do loose while preforming all of the former mentioned above , then you simply got outplayed in that match.
Cheers.

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 26 Jun 2016, 0:49
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 10884

Here is a comprehensive rebuttal formulated by the most experienced players in the community:

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"
"i swear to god, if this was a room full of you people i'd be taking off my gloves and slapping hanfield every 5 minutes"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
Composite armour
post 26 Jun 2016, 0:53
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 10200

USA is the most micro intensive faction. It has issues and they are being looked at by the testers, but most of your complaints are little about the faction and more about your ability to play said faction.
USA is not an easy faction like Russia, you need to have good micro in order to be able to play them.

--------------------
Composite Armor has been installed, sir.

+Quote Post
ZunZero97
post 26 Jun 2016, 1:36
Post #6

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

QUOTE (Composite armour @ 25 Jun 2016, 19:53) *
USA is the most micro intensive faction. It has issues and they are being looked at by the testers, but most of your complaints are little about the faction and more about your ability to play said faction.
USA is not an easy faction like Russia, you need to have good micro in order to be able to play them.

But the more difficult faction, players will not play with that faction. As you say they will play as Russia.
QUOTE (Mizo @ 25 Jun 2016, 19:48) *
USA got a trait nobody has, which is missile infantry firing through buildings.
You gotta buidl your base in a way that each building act a wall, with firebases covering your supplies, positioning your barracks facing inwards to get more Missile defends behind the wall in case it gets overpowered.

Thing is if that rush failed, the enemy is set back a ton.

Also , Humvee kiting is key, it's hard to preform though. But if you're ballzy enough , then you can do Viper flanks on the AA when they are trying to get your ospreys, then kite around em while missile defenders fire from a far.

Did this to Skit's Quad rush several times, then snowballed with rocket pod viper spam and it was brutal. Note that both of us are of equal skill when it comes to handling our factions, and often than not if you do loose while preforming all of the former mentioned above , then you simply got outplayed in that match.
Cheers.

1-But i prefer more mobility so i sometimes use fire bases with MDs inside, so i spam every fire base with MDs inside and then looks like i am playing as ECA gameplay territory control.
2-Vipers do not use their weapon range appropriately, as they move more than they should for example advance who hit a 3 meters while its actual range is 5 meters, ie they advanced two additional meters.
3-And the main point is that is hard to play with the USA.
QUOTE (mr_Skittles @ 25 Jun 2016, 19:47) *
1. ofc u can rush usa with aa thats intended
2. why the heck are you trying to take on sents with humvies?
3. yeah crusaders at t0 are a bad idea, rip eca and gla
4. humvies can take tungs, go tow upgrade and micro ur units properly
5. hk's are realy good, they excel at early dozer snipeing

the only thing i agree on is that Guardian drones are weak, no point in building them. ever

1. Anybody can rush USA with AA
2. That is a bad idea ignore that
3. Crusaders are easily counter by AT infantry like Tunnel Defenders, Panzerfaust, and so on. I need them to counter quads, tunguskas, gepards. And are slow, for at last move the Hover Engine to T1.
4. Towvees... they dont work as well as you see.
5. Drones doesnt gain exp(yes GP), so i use manned units with advanced training and i will have units with veterancy.

I dont know whats is the idea of Guardian Drones i use them but are easily destroyed, i prefer use them as Artillery Drone in T1 or T2.

This post has been edited by ZunZero97: 26 Jun 2016, 1:59

+Quote Post
GeneralAziz
post 26 Jun 2016, 2:16
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 12539

QUOTE (Hanfield @ 26 Jun 2016, 0:49) *
Here is a comprehensive rebuttal formulated by the most experienced players in the community:

oh god LOL!!!!

--------------------
Not here.

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 26 Jun 2016, 2:20
Post #8

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

So what do you want? USA to be easier so that the current pro players who are competent with USA to roll over everyone? That's not how balance works.
Tier 0 Crusaders will never happen because USA is not meant to have tier 0 Tank Armor unit in the same vane as Russia not having any buildable mobile ground units.
And why should you not take advantage of the mechanics given to your faction? USA has the second best if not best turtling capabilities via 2 Anti-Army GPs at rank 3, raptors, and solid defenses and units that can shoot over buildings. You dont even need that much Firebases, just one at each of your supplies, with the other buildings placed to block them.
As for Vipers, they do that because they're like Hellions, with low break strafe locomotor, so it's just a unit handling. Back in 1.85 development vipers could easily solo AA. via flanking but now its harder to do.

Second all tanks are countered by AT infantry, that's not an arguement to USA's weakness. In fact Crusaders are better than Leopards stat wise with only the range being different, having more HP, practically the same damage and better mobility while being fairly cheap for the HP pool they give out, which can be further improved via composite armor and HTL if you chooseit to be.

Towvees work, they need alot of micro but they work, You just have to apply effort into controlling them., definietly much more than your typical faction. Other testers seem to use them so well that they're sometimes OP.

Hks can Snipe dozers from the get go, and most tanks when in duo, what more do you need? I still prefer Raptor's burst damage, but Fully upgraded HKs, with their drone armor are not easy to take out at all. Gaurdian drones are nice support units for your armor divisions or ground units as a set up or a forward retreat point if you want to establish that. Sentry drones after the drone armor can practically solo quads. AT drones are very good number multipliers. ect.. so yeah drones are good. It's just that you dont get them early game becuase theyre expensive and not core for early game strats, though you can try. It's not gonna be easy.

Like what do you want?
Players like Rik Bruce, Marakar can certainly play the faction to a point of reaching overpowered. You want them to roll over the everyone by buffing USA up? Yes USA is a hard faction , but it also scales extremely well with skill cap. If a player is lazy to not put the required effort to play the faction efficiently then they should try playing China, which is sort of like a mix between USA and GLA ( AF + spam )

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
ZunZero97
post 26 Jun 2016, 2:30
Post #9

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mizo @ 25 Jun 2016, 21:20) *
So what do you want? USA to be easier so that the current pro players who are competent with USA to roll over everyone? That's not how balance works.
Tier 0 Crusaders will never happen because USA is not meant to have tier 0 Tank Armor unit in the same vane as Russia not having any buildable mobile ground units.
And why should you not take advantage of the mechanics given to your faction? USA has the second best if not best turtling capabilities via 2 Anti-Army GPs at rank 3, raptors, and solid defenses and units that can shoot over buildings. You dont even need that much Firebases, just one at each of your supplies, with the other buildings placed to block them.
As for Vipers, they do that because they're like Hellions, with low break strafe locomotor, so it's just a unit handling. Back in 1.85 development vipers could easily solo AA. via flanking but now its harder to do.

Second all tanks are countered by AT infantry, that's not an arguement to USA's weakness. In fact Crusaders are better than Leopards stat wise with only the range being different, having more HP, practically the same damage and better mobility while being fairly cheap for the HP pool they give out, which can be further improved via composite armor and HTL if you chooseit to be.

Towvees work, they need alot of micro but they work, You just have to apply effort into controlling them., definietly much more than your typical faction. Other testers seem to use them so well that they're sometimes OP.

Hks can Snipe dozers from the get go, and most tanks when in duo, what more do you need? I still prefer Raptor's burst damage, but Fully upgraded HKs, with their drone armor are not easy to take out at all. Gaurdian drones are nice support units for your armor divisions or ground units as a set up or a forward retreat point if you want to establish that. Sentry drones after the drone armor can practically solo quads. AT drones are very good number multipliers. ect.. so yeah drones are good. It's just that you dont get them early game becuase theyre expensive and not core for early game strats, though you can try. It's not gonna be easy.

Like what do you want?
Players like Rik Bruce, Marakar can certainly play the faction to a point of reaching overpowered. You want them to roll over the everyone by buffing USA up? Yes USA is a hard faction , but it also scales extremely well with skill cap. If a player is lazy to not put the required effort to play the faction efficiently then they should try playing China, which is sort of like a mix between USA and GLA ( AF + spam )

Your main faction is ECA not USA so i need to move Crusaders to T0 to counter AA in early game

EDIT:
It has cost me build the foundation to create build scout drones to scout enemy's base build Humvees wait for the osprey collect 600, to improve tow, send one tunguska / quad / gattling tank, built and trained MDs Rangers vanguards Humvees but tunguska / quad / gattling tank deploys its gas wait for the osprey collect 600 i make order units to shoot the tunguska lose the infantry and the humvee is a short life, I make more Humvees to defend the base wait for the osprey collect 600 and infantry to defend but I find most of these vehicles: tunguska / quad / gattling tank, 4-5 and then lose strength I forgot to say I have won half the map docks supply tech buildings in the beginning ...

So I mean that instead of losing a significant number of units could spam crusaders and be as unharmed without losing many units, the towvees when firing the first missile infantry lose the game because it is vital to the missile have to go to the vehicles. I mean the game more dynamic in terms of gameplay.

This post has been edited by ZunZero97: 26 Jun 2016, 3:34

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 26 Jun 2016, 2:52
Post #10

Group Icon

Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

QUOTE (ZunZero97 @ 26 Jun 2016, 2:30) *
Your main faction is ECA not USA so i need to move Crusaders to T0 to counter AA in early game

thats a pathetic counter argument.
You have testers in here explaining the situation to you, we dont just play 1 faction all the time u know.
all of us use all 5 factions.

no you do not need to move crusaders to t0 to counter aa, how about you actualy listen to what your being told and try firebases with md's to guard your supplys.
or spend more time working on your micro with humvies.
stop complaining about usa being under powered because it most certainly certainly is not.

and don't think iv forgotten ur little bitch rant in the lobby the other day claiming that usa needs rockvies and the aurora back in order to deal with eca.
im gonan side with han on this one its a harsh thing to say but Git gud
perhaps usa is not the faction for you.

i remember that you used to be a good player, what the hell happend?

This post has been edited by mr_Skittles: 26 Jun 2016, 2:54

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZunZero97
post 26 Jun 2016, 3:22
Post #11

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

QUOTE (mr_Skittles @ 25 Jun 2016, 21:52) *
thats a pathetic counter argument.
You have testers in here explaining the situation to you, we dont just play 1 faction all the time u know.
all of us use all 5 factions.

no you do not need to move crusaders to t0 to counter aa, how about you actualy listen to what your being told and try firebases with md's to guard your supplys.
or spend more time working on your micro with humvies.
stop complaining about usa being under powered because it most certainly certainly is not.

and don't think iv forgotten ur little bitch rant in the lobby the other day claiming that usa needs rockvies and the aurora back in order to deal with eca.
im gonan side with han on this one its a harsh thing to say but Git gud
perhaps usa is not the faction for you.

i remember that you used to be a good player, what the hell happend?

my point is hard to counter AA as USA with units i build fire bases with MDs and work properly but i need some harassment in early game as USA to take key points.
Crusaders in T0 are not bad idea they are slow and can counter AA units.
Ospreys are easily taken down by AA and have slow resource gathering of the game MDs fire bases are great defending, in late game USA have difficult to do siege attacks.
ive see the Knjaz patch and will be on in 1.87?
NO OFFENSE WORDS please.
Another day i was my bad gameplay as USA.
USA was my faction since vanilla generals.
In this argument I was quick to do something about it was pathetic.

I'll make the effort to play with USA. beer1.gif

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 26 Jun 2016, 3:44
Post #12

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

I'll try to state why Tier 0 Crusaders is a VERY bad idea :

1/ There is no faction whatsoever that has kiting ability at tier 0 + Good Tank Armor ( 550 HP at T0 costing only 1000 is pretty neat) + Air combo. This makes USA such an unpredictable faction to play as to what approach you have to do since you have to expect either of the 3 at the start ( discounting scouting here, am just talking about the possibilities of what a faction can do)

2/ It will severely hurt USA vs GLA matchups. GLA is meant to have the MASSIVE advantage over USA at the start of the game via Quads being fairly strong agains anything you can throw at it besides kiting towvees at tier 0, and able to harass your supplies from the get-go. Give USA crusaders and they can snowball with armor until T1 and T2 much faster without anything GLA can do. Keep in mind that this is in regards for Mid level play, High level GLA players are currently (ab)using certian unbalanced mechanics that has nothing to do with USA, but GLA as a whole.

3/ Crusaders alone basically gives USA virtually immune tier 0 Supplies because you can lock down those supplies with 1 or 2 crusaders defending it , giving protection to AA as opposed to kiting humvees which are the same price. This will force factions to invest in tier 0 Tank armor units to oppose it, via battlemasters scorps Kodiaks/BMPs ect, but would leave 1 faction COMPLETELY unable to harass US supplies at all , that being Gepard access only,

4/ It will fuck up USA vs ECA matchups. USA is the only faction that can can completely wreck ECA at tier 0 in that case since you can use a combination of air and WF units alongside having tank armor access from the get go, forcing ECA who's expanding to invest in a barracks and a fort, that can be nullified by long range Vangaurd clearance, followed by an HK dozer hunt and a crusader attack. It's completely doable. Again this forces ECA to invest VERY early on ground units , giving USA the upperhand on an even stronger snowballing air power ( at the moment it can already do that, USA can easily beat ECA mid game unless the US player fucks up badly). This also ties to the first point I make , essentially USA becomes the hardest faction for ECA to play against since they have to expect a humvee rush or an air rush or a tank armor rush and no other faction can cover all of those 3 classes at tier 0 ( not even China or Russia get their Air access at tier 0).

5/ It would overpower USA's tier 0 alot since it gives them a tanky unit AND a potent Kiting unit that can basically overwhelm every other unit at tier 0 via kiting. Again , no other faction should do that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZunZero97
post 26 Jun 2016, 4:15
Post #13

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mizo @ 25 Jun 2016, 22:44) *
I'll try to state why Tier 0 Crusaders is a VERY bad idea :

1/ There is no faction whatsoever that has kiting ability at tier 0 + Good Tank Armor ( 550 HP at T0 costing only 1000 is pretty neat) + Air combo. This makes USA such an unpredictable faction to play as to what approach you have to do since you have to expect either of the 3 at the start ( discounting scouting here, am just talking about the possibilities of what a faction can do)

2/ It will severely hurt USA vs GLA matchups. GLA is meant to have the MASSIVE advantage over USA at the start of the game via Quads being fairly strong agains anything you can throw at it besides kiting towvees at tier 0, and able to harass your supplies from the get-go. Give USA crusaders and they can snowball with armor until T1 and T2 much faster without anything GLA can do. Keep in mind that this is in regards for Mid level play, High level GLA players are currently (ab)using certian unbalanced mechanics that has nothing to do with USA, but GLA as a whole.

3/ Crusaders alone basically gives USA virtually immune tier 0 Supplies because you can lock down those supplies with 1 or 2 crusaders defending it , giving protection to AA as opposed to kiting humvees which are the same price. This will force factions to invest in tier 0 Tank armor units to oppose it, via battlemasters scorps Kodiaks/BMPs ect, but would leave 1 faction COMPLETELY unable to harass US supplies at all , that being Gepard access only,

4/ It will fuck up USA vs ECA matchups. USA is the only faction that can can completely wreck ECA at tier 0 in that case since you can use a combination of air and WF units alongside having tank armor access from the get go, forcing ECA who's expanding to invest in a barracks and a fort, that can be nullified by long range Vangaurd clearance, followed by an HK dozer hunt and a crusader attack. It's completely doable. Again this forces ECA to invest VERY early on ground units , giving USA the upperhand on an even stronger snowballing air power ( at the moment it can already do that, USA can easily beat ECA mid game unless the US player fucks up badly). This also ties to the first point I make , essentially USA becomes the hardest faction for ECA to play against since they have to expect a humvee rush or an air rush or a tank armor rush and no other faction can cover all of those 3 classes at tier 0 ( not even China or Russia get their Air access at tier 0).

5/ It would overpower USA's tier 0 alot since it gives them a tanky unit AND a potent Kiting unit that can basically overwhelm every other unit at tier 0 via kiting. Again , no other faction should do that.

I read your argument and I have cleared things up, so to start must build defenses so that it is not a ridiculous defeat AA, so I go for T2 to carry out attacks.

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 26 Jun 2016, 4:23
Post #14

Group Icon

...No... Just kite your damn TOWvees!

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"
"i swear to god, if this was a room full of you people i'd be taking off my gloves and slapping hanfield every 5 minutes"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 26 Jun 2016, 4:41
Post #15

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

It's more like survive until you get your R3, because once you reach there, thats the moment you shine. USA is most similar to ECA in a sense that they cant really play with spam nor frontal tank battles and what not.

The only difference is that ECA has howetzers , USA has raptors, ECA has defenses, USA has combined arms, and USA has the ability to put pressure on the enemy alot better than the former.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Scud
post 26 Jun 2016, 7:07
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 11600

QUOTE (ZunZero97 @ 26 Jun 2016, 0:15) *
I read your argument and I have cleared things up, so to start must build defenses so that it is not a ridiculous defeat AA, so I go for T2 to carry out attacks.

Try using HKs or Raptors to snipe early structures and units, just micro them with a Ctrl+n° per unit (don't select all your 4 HK to attack the same unit asshole) and have a pair of Humvies as foward observers / anti-infantry units. Then everytime you see a quad, tunguska, gattling, etc. snipe those motherfuckers (against GLA, watchout for dushkas). Remember, USA strongs points are Air Units and Squad Composition, they don't have a jack off all trades like quads. Just try to make the best use of your air power while it shines and you make your way to Tier 2. Also, don't waste your first GP point, keep it until you reach Rank 3, then make some havoc with lv 1 bomb drop and a lv 2 air strike on critical points like, units blobs, tier building and power plants, this is specially usefull against ECA.

This post has been edited by Scud: 26 Jun 2016, 7:14

--------------------
AzizAmbush to Bruce: "No, you take the oil, you're America"

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 26 Jun 2016, 7:45
Post #17

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

Aww man, this was a good thread to open whilst sitting in traffic.

QUOTE (Hanfield @ 26 Jun 2016, 0:49) *

Pretty much this.

You have to micro with everything as usa, so start microing mate

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 26 Jun 2016, 8:10
Post #18

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

I have only one problem with USA. Guardian drone. It doesn't fit in with any role in any stage of the game.

Its armor is vulnerable to bullets, because of the same reasons that crusader have to be at tier 1. Doesn't do anything against what it supposed to counter, light AA vehicles. The autocannons break it just like everything else.

It is not that cheap. Spend a little more and you get humvee with tow, that while fragile can quickly get away from danger. Guardian drones are sitting ducks. Look out for inferno cannons, they love blobs of light armors.

Its weapon is anti tank only.

Until you get a strategy center and upgrade it, you have to build repair drones to babysit it. By that point, you get AT drones that are built in pairs and is also more mobile, powerful and can become stealth. What's the point of building the former when the later can do just about everything the previous can?

That, and you get Crusader and Paladin later. Why bother with dug in? Go ahead and roll over them.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 26 Jun 2016, 8:15

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Marakar
post 26 Jun 2016, 9:58
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 11665

USA is meant to be a faction that composes of two main skills of a player:

- Micromanagement

- Decision Making

When playing USA, you have to approach the faction with a much different approach. as you are focusing less on bruteforcing with sheer numbers but rather making the most effective use of your units. During T0 USA, you have to know how to somewhat kite with your Humvees, since rushing always T1 may work a few times against players but wouldn't work repeatedly as USA is very exposed when techrushing. Humvees are practically a test of the player's micro, as it requires both your focus as well as making sure you time your attacks well and retreat when necessary. If you are unable to perform the micro necessary to use Humvees, then you are going to have a hard time with USA since they aren't the faction for brute forcing early game, and one main thing that USA has that is very special in comparison to any other faction is this: Micro has a limit on some units. For example, a Kodiak is able to fire on the move which gives it micro potential, whereas a Scorpion has hit-and-run micro with Scorpion Rockets, but there is always some sort of limit when it comes to Micro for certain factions. Russia for example is very one-dimensional and even if you played extremely well in terms of micro, it usually doesn't affect the outcome with Russia since they don't rely on micro but rather bruteforce. Back to USA, the one special thing USA has in comparison to any other faction is that their micro limit is undoubtedly the best, as their unit's micro potential is beyond the highest in the game. Whether it be Humvee Kiting or Splitfire Raptors, USA has the highest micro potential in the game and is a faction oriented around micro, hence why players tend to struggle with USA if they don't micro often.

As Mizo stated, USA is not supposed to have a t0 tank primarily because it also takes away from the concept of micromanagement. The Crusader would pretty much nullify the whole concept of micromanagement for USA early game since it doesn't have much micro capability, and the point of Humvees is to basically outmicro your opponent through better micro capability (A well microed vee will be able to beat a well microed AA unit for example). This is in the case of Warfactory Build Order, which is generally a much safer build order in comparison to Airfield Build Order because with Airfield you have to really combine your decision making with micro as well as consistent scouting, whereas Warfactory is primarily microing Humvees at T0 and once at T1, you are able to make an effective transition to Crusaders which can either be upgraded to Hover to give your fast vee army a tank to sponge damage or normal mode to be very tanky and able to hold the lines against the AA spam USA is weak to.

Scud mentioned using Hunter Killers early game if using an Airfield Build, which is correct to be done if playing USA with an Airfield start rather than the common Warfactory. The main thing, however, is that airfield builds do require a lot of micro in comparison to the Warfactory build, as you have to make sure your Hunter Killers fire their payload and then retreat then return (you dont always want to just select target since the AI of the Hunter Killer makes it vulnerable to its target by flying over it and very easy to pick off, so you basically fire and go away from the target and fire again). Another important thing about an Airfield start is that you need to have consistent vision of the map in order to allow your planes to properly find targets and attack (if its a building and you are force firing through the fog of war, the missiles from the jet may spread out inaccurately which isn't the case most of the times when you select a target. Another thing about Airfield build is that you should always be making effective use of your aircraft when you can. If you know there is an opportunity to where you can snipe dozers or supply trucks, or possibly a large portion of an army, go for it. This works extremely well in a T1 environment, as you'll have access to Drone Armor to buff any Hunter Killers you have left, Raptors which are powerful jets and Crusaders which is your tanks. This means that regarding jets, you will almost never be in a position early game if played right to where your jets will be lying around and doing nothing, as if they are always attacking, not only does it apply pressure to the opponent but also forces them to counter with AA (remember that 2 Hunter Killers are able to kill an AA vehicle with 0 loses if microed properly). Raptors are a very powerful way of applying pressure, as their range allows them to simply fire at targets and pick off an army or buildings even. Regarding Airfield Build Order, it should also be noted that base building should be done in a way that it protects your jets from incoming aircraft (using structures as walls, buildings firebases behind structures, placing Airfield in a non-exposed area).

To conclude, USA is a micro oriented faction that relies on micromanagement as a key skill. Humvee Kiting is the most effective way of harassing an opponent due to their amazing micro capability, and airfield units such as Hunter Killers require a mix of decision making and micro to be at their maximum potential. USA is a faction that is very different in comparison to the rest, because they simply can't brute force most of the time in the standard and common way through numbers and strength, but rather USA "bruteforces" by the use of its powerful individual units such as Raptors and Tomahawks, as well as being able to not only kite an army from the enemy but also send fast harassment down to their collectors. USA is not Russia. They don't play the same way. USA is a faction that is oriented around micromanagement of the player, and most of the time, the skill of the player heavily determines whether the player wins or not as USA, because too many mistakes as USA can lead to a defeat very easily but also remember that consistent and successful micro leads well to a strong victory.

This post has been edited by Marakar: 26 Jun 2016, 9:59

--------------------

Drop Commander

+Quote Post
AtoMaki
post 26 Jun 2016, 10:18
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 12425

QUOTE (Mizo @ 26 Jun 2016, 2:20) *

Why? Casual USA players getting rolled over by everyone is how balance works? That's a pretty weird angle of argument IMHO.

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 26 Jun 2016, 10:27
Post #21

Group Icon

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marakar
post 26 Jun 2016, 10:28
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 11665

As mentioned, USA isn't necessarily a faction designed around lower skill level and requires a lot higher level of micro and decision making in comparison to other factions such as Russia. This isn't me saying "Get good", this is literally the faction design itself.

This post has been edited by Marakar: 26 Jun 2016, 10:30

--------------------

Drop Commander

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 26 Jun 2016, 10:31
Post #23

Group Icon

QUOTE (AtoMaki @ 26 Jun 2016, 12:18) *
Why? Casual USA players getting rolled over by everyone is how balance works? That's a pretty weird angle of argument IMHO.

NOT AGAIN

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 26 Jun 2016, 10:39
Post #24

Group Icon

QUOTE (AtoMaki @ 26 Jun 2016, 10:18) *

the casual players ARE taken into account when making balance changes this is both pvp and pve balance.
the balance is done for all skill levels in mind, if a player is struggling with something that is what these forums and skype group chat is for, for helping people.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AtoMaki
post 26 Jun 2016, 10:40
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 12425

QUOTE (Marakar @ 26 Jun 2016, 10:28) *
As mentioned, USA isn't necessarily a faction designed around lower skill level and requires a lot higher level of micro and decision making in comparison to other factions such as Russia. This isn't me saying "Get good", this is literally the faction design itself.

The implication here is that maybe the faction design itself isn't working very well. There must be an easy way of doing things for USA too, but maybe not that rewarding than a "speshul taktik" in the hands of a good player. "Git gud" is not an advice you can throw around easily, even if it is supposedly the best advice.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23 May 2024 - 3:02