IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you think that China is a little overpowered?
Astraa009
post 15 Nov 2015, 15:28
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10493

I have recently being playing multiplayer and notice that China is stronger then other factions.
With their nuke cannons range and twin fangs air power it becomes difficult for the enemy to defend against them.
Given their artillery barrage and napalm strike China can win it easy.
unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 15 Nov 2015, 15:39
Post #2

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

They are one of the best factions, but not by a huge margin and not for the reasons you mentioned up.
What I mean is that everything Russia and USA can do China can do abit better if not on par. They have a very strong AF, one of the best basic infantry in the game, decent defense, and good frontal assault units. ECM tanks gives their Armies near immunity to missiles in terms of focused fire attacks. overlords are one of the most versatile superheavy tank in the game. Horde bonuses negate tear gas effects to a good extent. They have one of the best secondary economy in the game. They are one of the tops in term of map vision and control. Late game/Vlate game is their moment to shine due to their overwhelming numbers. Oh lets not talk about how stupidly good Infernos are for offensive purposes and how good Nuke cannons are for defensive purposes.

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 15 Nov 2015, 15:41
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

wondered how long it would take for a faction op thread to appear for 1.86.

lets see...nuke cannons can be easily skirted just make it waste its shot, the arty barrage only hits 1 area not an issue, the fire strike is a r5 gp u should be able to put down ur own r5 gp around that time.

twinfangs are one of the best t2 aa's

china is not op, nor is it stronger than the other factions. one of the reasons it seems it is, is that china has the best t2 eco

This post has been edited by mr_Skittles: 15 Nov 2015, 15:41

--------------------

+Quote Post
Astraa009
post 15 Nov 2015, 15:48
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (mr_Skittles @ 15 Nov 2015, 15:41) *
wondered how long it would take for a faction op thread to appear for 1.86.

lets see...nuke cannons can be easily skirted just make it waste its shot, the arty barrage only hits 1 area not an issue, the fire strike is a r5 gp u should be able to put down ur own r5 gp around that time.

twinfangs are one of the best t2 aa's

china is not op, nor is it stronger than the other factions. one of the reasons it seems it is, is that china has the best t2 eco

In the face off map by ROTR China have all the advantage. Nukes can fire from his own base to the enemies and since the nuke cannon launches a shell it cannot be destroyed. The twin fang will prevent any air borne units attacking the nukes, and the nukes themselves can destroy oncoming ground units.

+Quote Post
SiR Chaff
post 15 Nov 2015, 16:22
Post #5

umu
Group Icon

Member No.: 10691
No more.

QUOTE (Astraa009 @ 15 Nov 2015, 22:48) *
In the face off map by ROTR China have all the advantage. Nukes can fire from his own base to the enemies and since the nuke cannon launches a shell it cannot be destroyed. The twin fang will prevent any air borne units attacking the nukes, and the nukes themselves can destroy oncoming ground units.

So you're stating China is OP because the map you played it on is too freakin small?
China has already been nerfed to the ground from 1.82 to 1.85 for balance reasons and received the least amount of changes in 1.86 because it's fine as it is.

Play other proper maps. Problem solved.

+Quote Post
Astraa009
post 15 Nov 2015, 16:27
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (SiR Chaff @ 15 Nov 2015, 16:22) *
So you're stating China is OP because the map you played it on is too freakin small?
China has already been nerfed to the ground from 1.82 to 1.85 for balance reasons and received the least amount of changes in 1.86 because it's fine as it is.

Yea now that I thought about it, its the problem of the map not CHINA mani8.gif

+Quote Post
Grim Tuesday
post 15 Nov 2015, 16:34
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 11257

No.

--------------------

No technique is forbidden.

+Quote Post
Kicknut00
post 15 Nov 2015, 17:16
Post #8

Top Law
Group Icon

Member No.: 10509
Stuff Stuff Blah Blah Blawh Law

QUOTE (SiR Chaff @ 15 Nov 2015, 7:22) *

And in that moment Astra knew he fucked up

--------------------

+Quote Post
Astraa009
post 15 Nov 2015, 17:26
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (Kicknut00 @ 15 Nov 2015, 17:16) *
And in that moment Astra knew he fucked up

Big time ani8b.gif

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 15 Nov 2015, 22:05
Post #10

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

Ill quickly add, china is not OP, but my god do they scale through the midgame impeccably well, and in lower skilled games (and even high ones depending on map) they do have a shitload of snowball potential

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
M.P
post 15 Nov 2015, 22:53
Post #11

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10559

China is not OP.
However The only thing I hate from China is the map awareness. It's TOO much. (Sat hack, Com intercept, Out posts reveal large area and they're stealth, etc)

+Quote Post
LoneRebel
post 16 Nov 2015, 3:00
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 11110

And I remember a guy from a long while back (when China was even stronger than it is now) was complaining that China was too underpowered. mindfuck.gif

That guy, of course, was Chinese. Just goes to show...

And then of course, more recently a certain fellow was complaining that Twin Fangs are too weak because they have the shortest range of all T2 AA. Never mind that that range is still longer than most artillery, and the Twin Fang gets horrifying AoE and hitscan burst damage to compensate.

+Quote Post
Grim Tuesday
post 16 Nov 2015, 10:57
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 11257

QUOTE (LoneRebel @ 16 Nov 2015, 3:00) *
And then of course, more recently a certain fellow was complaining that Twin Fangs are too weak because they have the shortest range of all T2 AA. Never mind that that range is still longer than most artillery, and the Twin Fang gets horrifying AoE and hitscan burst damage to compensate.

He has quite different role when compared to other t2AA. Its like super form of T1AA, so there is no wonder why some players might find it weak.

--------------------

No technique is forbidden.

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 16 Nov 2015, 11:14
Post #14

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9155

QUOTE (LoneRebel @ 16 Nov 2015, 4:00) *
And I remember a guy from a long while back (when China was even stronger than it is now) was complaining that China was too underpowered. mindfuck.gif

That guy, of course, was Chinese. Just goes to show...

People just often forget that if you're using Chinese units, make sure they have Horde bonus on them for normal efficiency, and propaganda on top of that for maximum efficiency.

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 16 Nov 2015, 13:56

+Quote Post
Rohan
post 16 Nov 2015, 12:53
Post #15

The Sun Hero
Group Icon

Member No.: 10041

And yet very few people play China. dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zion
post 16 Nov 2015, 15:58
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 10992

I think people who call china OP, are people who don't know how to counter it properly..
Here are 2 tips.. and a third obvious one
1) Snipe the airfield.. if china doesn't have migs.. they lose to any artillery/air harassment (EVERYTIME) unless you dont build any artillery/air
2) Snipe the unit production.. if you keep targeting the warfactory.. china can't produce units... and that's its strong point.
3) although this is always important.. I dont think focusing the supply center should be your main Priority.. kill its WF then the supply Cuz china can recover from supply harassment.. especially later in the game.

It does have the worst base defenses though (compared to other factions) Not saying a well placed bunker "won't" do the job.. its just not as good as EVERY other faction. So that's one thing that sucks about china.

I remember the Twin fang Post.. WELL at the time Russia was so freaking strong especially those Hinds.. That my issue was Fangs were expensive to spam, and they had low range, and they could be countered easy with Goliath and fly into its minimum range. So at the "Time" you can't blame me for blasting the fangs.. But once russia received its proper nerfs.. this no longer is a problem, and I was drunk when I made that post as well.. go figure

One big advantage China has is its vision... the fact that China doesn't always need map control to know whats going on.. But it needs it.. take that away.. and china will be significantly worse than Russia, and won't be balanced.. plus people that complain about it.. are people that "Assume that the com is OP" When you actually start playing China you will realize its not that easy to use the ability.. AND you just wasted a GP on vision, rather than Tech.. which vs a good player Tech is more important I think..

This post has been edited by Zion: 16 Nov 2015, 15:59

+Quote Post
Kicknut00
post 16 Nov 2015, 16:17
Post #17

Top Law
Group Icon

Member No.: 10509
Stuff Stuff Blah Blah Blawh Law

QUOTE (Zion @ 16 Nov 2015, 6:58) *
I think people who call china OP, are people who don't know how to counter it properly..
Here are 2 tips.. and a third obvious one
1) Snipe the airfield.. if china doesn't have migs.. they lose to any artillery/air harassment (EVERYTIME) unless you dont build any artillery/air
2) Snipe the unit production.. if you keep targeting the warfactory.. china can't produce units... and that's its strong point.
3) although this is always important.. I dont think focusing the supply center should be your main Priority.. kill its WF then the supply Cuz china can recover from supply harassment.. especially later in the game.

It does have the worst base defenses though (compared to other factions) Not saying a well placed bunker "won't" do the job.. its just not as good as EVERY other faction. So that's one thing that sucks about china.

I remember the Twin fang Post.. WELL at the time Russia was so freaking strong especially those Hinds.. That my issue was Fangs were expensive to spam, and they had low range, and they could be countered easy with Goliath and fly into its minimum range. So at the "Time" you can't blame me for blasting the fangs.. But once russia received its proper nerfs.. this no longer is a problem, and I was drunk when I made that post as well.. go figure

One big advantage China has is its vision... the fact that China doesn't always need map control to know whats going on.. But it needs it.. take that away.. and china will be significantly worse than Russia, and won't be balanced.. plus people that complain about it.. are people that "Assume that the com is OP" When you actually start playing China you will realize its not that easy to use the ability.. AND you just wasted a GP on vision, rather than Tech.. which vs a good player Tech is more important I think..

Sniping Sniping Sniping everywhere old mc hunter had a barracks e a e a oh

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zion
post 16 Nov 2015, 16:58
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE (Kicknut00 @ 16 Nov 2015, 10:17) *
Sniping Sniping Sniping everywhere old mc hunter had a barracks e a e a oh

8llaniflip.gif

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 16 Nov 2015, 16:59
Post #19

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

Actually, the faction that have the worst base defenses is Russia, not China.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 16 Nov 2015, 17:00

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
LoneRebel
post 16 Nov 2015, 17:08
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 11110

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 17 Nov 2015, 0:59) *

And even then, it's not worst by much. And for the most part Russia hardly even needs base defenses.

It must be said that Chinese bunkers are actually pretty good however. Fairly tough, no power requirement, and an unclearable garrison of five infantry which can gain promotions.

Actually, although Russia's supposed to have the worst defenses, something has to be said about GLA defenses that can be decrewed by...a whole lot of things.

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 16 Nov 2015, 17:24
Post #21

Guardsman
Group Icon

Yes, Russia have the worst base defenses because they are hardly used.

China, GLA and ECA can rely on them heavily since power requirement is not a problem for them. USA may run into problems if they spam too much protectors, but firebases with laser lock MDs is already a nightmare. Only Russia suffer from this, and even more because theirs powerplant need bigger build space while providing less power, and theirs most effective Tesla coil defense consume more power than all others in the game. Russia is also the only faction that doesn't have a base defense with no power requirement.

Which is acceptable, because it's an offensive faction and since you have super heavy tanks that are mobile and harder to kill than the buildings, it's not a problem.

GLA defense isn't crap, because they are stealth. And that alone is more annoying than anything. Also, demo traps.

But the best GLA defense is as always, the tunnels.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 16 Nov 2015, 17:29

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Zion
post 16 Nov 2015, 18:04
Post #22

Group Icon

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 16 Nov 2015, 10:59) *

oh jeez... xD

+Quote Post
Astraa009
post 16 Nov 2015, 19:10
Post #23

Group Icon

China against ECA and I cant find a correct way to defeat China by using ECA.
- ECA tanks are weaker then China tanks
- ECA relies highly on artillery thought their artillery units are not a match for nukes
- Air units are easily destroyed by twin fangs
- No use of infantry against a load of nukes, same applies to any ground unit

ECA defenses are strong and you can defend your base with them but the Chinese special powers destroys the entire front line not to mention the nuclear missile.
Jets for ECA and a higher chance of destroying nukes

Any suggestion of a way to 'defeat' China

+Quote Post
Zion
post 16 Nov 2015, 19:18
Post #24

Group Icon

QUOTE (Astraa009 @ 16 Nov 2015, 13:10) *
China against ECA and I cant find a correct way to defeat China by using ECA.
- ECA tanks are weaker then China tanks
- ECA relies highly on artillery thought their artillery units are not a match for nukes
- Air units are easily destroyed by twin fangs
- No use of infantry against a load of nukes, same applies to any ground unit

ECA defenses are strong and you can defend your base with them but the Chinese special powers destroys the entire front line not to mention the nuclear missile.
Jets for ECA and a higher chance of destroying nukes

Any suggestion of a way to 'defeat' China

lol, ask mizo.. he will GLADLY tell you what he does to my china biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Zion: 16 Nov 2015, 19:19

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 16 Nov 2015, 19:20
Post #25

Guardsman
Group Icon

Get Pandora, get Claymores. And bombard it to dust.

ECA units are too valuable to go trash around with Chinese units.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 16 Nov 2015, 19:20

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26 May 2024 - 21:30