Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fun Topic : Favorite player to play against?, And why !:D
GeneralAziz
post 7 May 2016, 19:31
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 12539

Hey guys , So as the title says , Who is your favorite player to play against and why ?

Well for me .. I have couple of people who I have to mention because each has a unique play style

I`ll start with

1- Mizo : I love playing against Mizo because he has the best ECA in the game imo , And for me as a GLA player its gonna be a challenge to break ECA specially Mizo`s ECA as he utilizes all ECAs units and he has an awesome defense system , places where he spread his mines and where he places the guard towers is very effective against GLA so for me to try to finish him in under 10 minutes is very hard and when the game goes to over 20 minutes its going to be pain to break him , and playing him really does up my attacking methods and tactics , And i know he doesnt get mad or anything like that w/e the result of the games are.

2- Marakar : He is one of the very few that can play all factions in a great level , so for me i like playing him cause he usually goes random and by that i can test my self against all factions and styles and he plays very serious in all factions and does all the tactics he can come up with to defeat his opponent so thats great for me cause i can up my game playing him as he never joke around unless he already won the game( unlike me i tend to fk around mid game sometimes and pay for it XD) , and cause of him i started to use some units like marauders against specific factions when i really didnt care about them.

3-(USA)Bruce : I like playing against bruce because hes the best US player in the game and everytime i play against him i learn something new that USA does to defeat gla , weather its double air field blackhawk spam or humv spam or inf or sitting in base with defenses set up like a boss , he does something different each game and by that i really can up my speed and increase the attention level as hes very sneaky as he usually get the cia thingy from my workers ;@ so yea playing him really makes you a better player.

4- Xeres : imo he has the best china , and i like that hes one of those players that attack from 2 sides in the same time and i really like that cause i do that myself and by handling two sides at once u will 100% increase your game speed and your awareness level ingame .

Sooo yea .. these guys i play the most in 1v1`s and i know none of them care if he lose or win and if some1 wins he doesnt brag about it like some people do , you have good days and bad days , deal with it ;D

This post has been edited by GeneralAziz: 7 May 2016, 19:34

--------------------
Not here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 7 May 2016, 19:43
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

1. Mizo

mainly cos our match's are fun neither of us goes by the play to win at all costs mentality which imo is whats one of the things wrong with this community
we experiment, we dont stick to the pre set metas for a faction and try to mess around and make our own. Generally leading to some long fights that are fun all the way threw.

2. Aziz.
Because who doesn't like a Stressful game every now and again.
good way to improve your apm is fighting him.

3. knjaziz. (ok so its 2 ppl)
just fun to fight against, trying to hold aziz as he goes 2v1 all the while known that knjaz is building up his eco to just delete you off the map.

This post has been edited by mr_Skittles: 7 May 2016, 19:44

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hecthor Doomhamm...
post 7 May 2016, 19:46
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 10281

Maelstrom.
We're about equal level in skill, plus it's always fun to have him in the skype call when we play because we insult each other all the time

+Quote Post
Marakar
post 7 May 2016, 20:38
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 11665

1. GeneralAziz:

Known for having one of the best macro and being among the strongest GLA, its always a challenge to play against Aziz. You have to make sure that you are at your peak when playing him as his play style revolves around constant aggression, in which quads have to be outmicroed while buggies are dealt with through aircraft, hero units and such. He's also quite adaptive to his play style, so he can throw in wildcards when least expected and force me to rework my strategy (we've started to use scorpions, soon we might go into marauders or even mercenary battles!) Aziz also makes it to where thinking outside the box can pay off, as when you look at standard play, you have to switch it up in order to throw off your opponent (massing up mercenaries in order to counter his quad/buggy blobs or using bomb trucks to blow up his army via flank).

2. (USA)Bruce

One of the strongest USA in the community as well as knows how to play the other factions a bit, its always fun to play Bruce due to the interesting use of Infantry, Mule Drones, Jav Spam, and figuring out how to play around it. Again another player that makes you think outside the box rather than just simply building up a blob and charging in, as i'm always keen for a Leaflet, an A-10 or a carpet bomb on my way and Bruce capitalizes on that.

3. RikerZZZ

One of the few players who can play all factions at a competitive level as well as a fun guy to play with in general. Whether it be try hard games that are quite intense or our meme games in 2v2s where we do ridiculous tactics such as Osprey Terrordropping or Double Infantry Dropping as USA, Rik knows how to play tough whilst being able to meme the situation when the window is open. We just have fun games in general whether we play normal meta or just go with something ridiculous.

4. Mizo/Skitt

Both incredible ECA players in their own rights, ECA is a faction that is at this version currently is quite hard to be aggressive successfully. Although there are tactics such as Tiger Spam or Harrier Spam, these guys don't need to use them in order to win but have their respective styles. Mizo is all about Howitzer/Claymore spamming and reconstructing your base to dust, whilst Skitt does less howitzer play and rather more aggressive play such as Marksmen/Tiger groups or Armored Assaults and of course Mechanized Battlegroups.

5. Xeres

China mirrors to the max, whether it be him brute forcing or me turning his blob into radiation with a nuke cannon, we have some intense yet entertaining games.

This post has been edited by Marakar: 11 May 2016, 9:00

--------------------

Drop Commander

+Quote Post
M.P
post 7 May 2016, 20:52
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10559

It seems nobody likes to play against me tongue.gif
QUOTE (GeneralAziz @ 7 May 2016, 23:01) *
1- Mizo : .......... he doesnt get mad or anything like that w/e the result of the games are.

Yeah Pure truth dry.gif

This post has been edited by M.P: 7 May 2016, 22:05

+Quote Post
Zion
post 8 May 2016, 0:15
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10992

Due to my timezone I don't get to play people much, so my rating is based more on "availability"

1. (USA)Bruce, mainly cuz he keeps things mint fresh and hes one of the few players that is around during my evenings on week days

2. Aziz, he defiantly forced me to step up my game in the macro level, and hes a chill guy in general, even tho I know I bitch all the time, we still enjoy games.

3. MiCrO, I know everyone hates him, but he plays during my timezone quite often and is a decent player, and cuz its hilarious how much we flame each other, our humor is quit different than the rest of the community.

4. Knjaz, ONLY WHEN IM ON HIS TEAM sleep.gif

5. Marakar, we had some ggs, but we don't play very often.. once in a while we catch some games.

I would list more people if they were around more. but at this current period, many have stopped playing me, or rotr in general.

This post has been edited by Zion: 8 May 2016, 0:16

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 8 May 2016, 22:08
Post #7

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

Skittles is my favorite opponent for pretty much the same reason. Being on a very close skill level, with the same game mentality, we have alot of fun in our matches. They're never one sided, pretty dynamic, and relying on balls to the wall strats and other playstyles that are not part of the established meta, using all kinds of units and trying to make them work in bizarre situations. Our mirror matches are also pretty interesting since we both have very different playstyles, so the battles are often a clash of ideology rather than skill. Our ECA mirror matches are bizarre with dog battles, digouts, infantry, then a fight between different protocols. Just remember we had a Russia mirror where he went full on heavy tank spam, while I fought it off with Infantry and Airforce alongside tactical ICBM strikes. So yeah.

I also enjoy playing with rest of the testers depending on my mood since playing against the likes of Rik, Bruce, Marakar, Aziz and MP recquired a more competitive mentality via "play by the meta otherwise you're dead". While I do enjoy those fights, I need to be in a good mood otherwise I'd throw a rage fit at how hard and stressfull the fights can get.

Aziz : I like this guy, his attitude and what not. His macro skills are one of the best, and very hard to properly replicate. Due to that and his early game aggressiveness, it employs me to work up my speed.

Rik and Marakar are really fun to play for the same reasons, they're top tier players, and always play any faction on a really good efficiency, as well as using some new strats that are pretty unorthodox.

This post has been edited by Mizo: 8 May 2016, 22:23

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 11 May 2016, 12:02
Post #8

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9941

Doomhammer: for the same reasons he gave, trash talking and fun games.

Mizo: Lately I've fought him, we had some quite interesting matches.

RikerZZZ: he teached me a lot about PvP. I just hope he doesn't get USA (Little Birds swarms gave me nightmares)

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here

+Quote Post
Emin96
post 11 May 2016, 20:16
Post #9

CHINA MAIN
Group Icon

Member No.: 10145
ROTR Italian Translator

Boki_D: he is equal to me and we had many interesting match like FFAS and 1 v 1

Marce97: just m friend im trying to fight him with RUSSIA i lose all time i take russia or gla against him but he lose when i take china biggrin.gif

Nightmare: He's learning from me biggrin.gif and i tech him to play good on PVP

Doomhammer: I get soem good matches with doomy its big pleasure to play with him wink.gif

Thats all

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26 April 2024 - 5:38