Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: European Conflict Devastator Unit Profile Update.
SWR Productions Forum > Game Modding and Development > Generals/Zerohour Modding
mbob61

The American Confederacy is famed for the strength of it's tank battalions. But nobody was quite prepared for the Devastator when it first rolled out of the factories. A massive tank, capable of countering anything on the ground, the Devastator was quickly feared amongst enemy troops for it's ability to counter almost any enemy force, as can be seen in these demonstration videos.

An almost un-counterable unit, the Devastator is a force to be reckoned with, capable of fighting off most threats with barely a scratch to show for it. It can fire tank shells, rockets and machine guns, all capable of tearing through their selected target in a mere matter of seconds. While powerful on the ground, the sheer strength of this unit does not extend to the air, as it's turrets are incapable of tilting vertically at all. Due to the heavy armour plating, the Devastator is also a slow, lumbering monster of a tank. If you can skirt it effectively, you can also kill it.

American Confederacy Devastator

Unit's Abilities:
  • Longer range than previous heavy tank designs
  • Can effectively deal with all ground targets
  • Very strong armour

We hoped you enjoyed our first unit profile update.
This is the EC team signing off.
Shiro
Sick? Nah, interesting design and good model/skin XD.gif
Pickysaurus
Now THAT is a tank wink.gif
Raven
Great!!!!!!! I would like to see who would win if a senti goes against this...perhaps we can throw in a jagedmammoth as well smile.gif
mbob61
I'll see what i can do... tongue.gif

Mike
Pickysaurus
I would say this thing wins, because by the lore it's supposed to be almost invincible on the ground.
Shiro
Maybe we can later for personal tries combine ROTR with EC tongue.gif Then we mix in MEC and everyone is happy ^^ Btw, I just noticed how many weapons that thing actually has.
mbob61
Its the true meaning of ground power wink.gif

Mike
Raven
But i bet that this would cost an arm and a leg to buy one smile.gif.....might be the most expensive unit in-game IMO....
Shiro
QUOTE (Raven @ 7 Nov 2009, 1:54) *
But i bet that this would cost an arm and a leg to buy one smile.gif.....might be the most expensive unit in-game IMO....

<badjoke> Maybe we need better arms dealers then mindfuck.gif </badjoke>
Btw, why do I think it has a bit too many screws on the skin?
JJ
Actually, come to think of it, does seem to be a terribly lot.
Raven
hmmm yes smile.gif.....maybe they are not screws huh.gif.
Alias
Rivets are a skinners best friend.
Well, close to it. Dodge and burn are more versatile.
JJ
Hehe, indeed they are useful for filling in the little emptiness on the skin. However, there's just too much, less bolts make the unit look cleaner and sleeker, as well as giving it a modern feel.
Pav3d
Meant to look more like a heavy, armour plated war machine, less rivets make it looks sleeker.
And@Raven: its not the most expensive in the game, the epic units are wink.gif
Shock
It certainly looks like a beast, and cool skin. I have no complaint about the multitude of rivets.

I only don't like how the anti infantry turret is fixed, and the entire leviathan is moving to aim at an infantry unit. Next to that it has it's very large cannons and is not firing them at the infantry which looks bad as well.

Might have been better to use that spot for something else, like a microwave generator or anything.
Raven
QUOTE (Pav3d @ 7 Nov 2009, 15:57) *
Meant to look more like a heavy, armour plated war machine, less rivets make it looks sleeker.
And@Raven: its not the most expensive in the game, the epic units are wink.gif

ooooh....i didn't know that smile.gif. I can imagine the power of Epic Units now mindfuck.gif
beefJeRKy
QUOTE (Raven @ 7 Nov 2009, 21:25) *
ooooh....i didn't know that smile.gif. I can imagine the power of Epic Units now mindfuck.gif

You'll get to see those eventually I8.gif
Pickysaurus
Does it really disappear into nothingness when destroyed?
Because I'd expect something that size to leave a decent wreckage
Pav3d
WIP! tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.