Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to
SWR Productions Forum > Game Modding and Development > Generals/Zerohour Modding
GeneralCamo
I have a mission map pack for shockwave and needs classic sounds, how can I import sounds from vgenerals to zero hour? I know beng did it on his generals campaigns for zero hour mod. How can I do it?
n5p29
Extract the Speech.ini file from both INI.big and INIZH.big and compare both of them, and see if there is any missing entries.
Note that some speeches have similar name entries but have different file name. Extract the audio BIG files to listen all existing sounds to check them.
Pickysaurus
Could you not just extract them all, merge them together (windows will notify you about duplicates) then put them all into the BIG file?
GeneralCamo
OK, how do i extract them?
Shiro
With FinalBig_GL.
GeneralCamo
With Final BIG, I cannot listen to the files, any help?
Shiro
You have to extract them of course. Best you create a new folder on your desktop and go to 'Extract All' and then use the new folder you just made.
GeneralCamo
I did that, but windows media player says it cannot play speech.ini. Do i have to covert it somehow?
Pickysaurus
speech.ini is and INI file not a sound file.
Shiro
As Pickysaurus said. You have to extract the sound files, .wav files.
GeneralCamo
Perhaps i have the wrong version, this is the version i downloaded, if it is wrong, give me another link. Even with extract all, i cannot get the sound files. Clicky
Shiro
The case that you have speech.ini concludes you extracted the wrong big file. You have to extract Audio and AudioEnglish and/or Speech and SpeechEnglish.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.