Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cameo art , how its done?
SWR Productions Forum > Game Modding and Development > Generals/Zerohour Modding
Frostyarmy
I was wondering how you guys manage to get the model in certain positions because it seems impossible in game to me :/
is it some kind of rendering process 3DSMAX?

how do you guys manage to get dat VV
Shock
Most cameos are made in a 3D rendering suite with custom backdrops. This because in game you cannot get such nice environments around your unit.

You can also do it in Worldbuilder, where you can edit the viewpoint angle.
Alias
Model render on a transparent background, add render into Photoshop onto a backdrop. Use burn tool to create shadow and shading.

And that's about the job done.
Pav3d
^This
And also make sure you use some bevel for the smaller 62x50 button versions
(larger versions are 122x98)

You can also create scenes in 3ds max with their own textures which is pretty fun to do (but rather time consuming if you loads to do tongue.gif) and just render those.

Cameo art is a great way to get into gens modding.
n5p29
sorry to bump, but where did you get the cameos background? I cant find the good ones.
Pav3d
^xD

Searches like "snow wallpaper" or "snow landscape" usually yield good results (if you are looking for a snowy backdrop ofcourse I8.gif)

Militaryphotos.net is also a good un, if you render your model over a picture of a tank or w/e and just touch up the seams.
Also good for getting infantry cameos too.
n5p29
QUOTE (Alias @ 7 Apr 2010, 12:12) *

If I could find good ones from that "spritiual photography" website, I wouldn't post here.

QUOTE (Pav3d @ 7 Apr 2010, 19:38) *
Searches like "snow wallpaper" or "snow landscape" usually yield good results (if you are looking for a snowy backdrop ofcourse I8.gif)

Militaryphotos.net is also a good un, if you render your model over a picture of a tank or w/e and just touch up the seams.
Also good for getting infantry cameos too.

thanks for the site! I see there are also some ShW cameos from there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.