Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Modding Zero Hour
SWR Productions Forum > Game Modding and Development > Generals/Zerohour Modding
UltimateAero
I wish to get put models from different mods to add/replace units in the original zero hour. There is just one problem I don't know how to do this, can anyone help me please.

-Help will be greatly appreciated thank you.
Zeke
1. Get models from said mods. Open mod .big file with finalbig and extract the models and texture files OR look for the relevant files in the Art\W3D and Art\Textures if the mod isn't packed in a .big(the models are in .w3d format and the textures are in .dds)

NOTE: If your using mods from other mods. Be sure to ask for their permission AND give proper credits if you want to make your mod public. Giving credits and getting permission are 2 different things.

2. Go to the INI files of the unit you want to edit and simply change the model name. For best results it's better to copy the draw modules from the INIs of the mod your borrowing from.

A draw module looks like this:
CODE
Draw = W3DOverlordTankDraw ModuleTag_01
ConditionState = NONE
Model = NVOvrlrd
Animation = NVOvrlrd.NVOvrlrd
AnimationMode = LOOP
Turret = Turret01
WeaponFireFXBone = PRIMARY Muzzle
WeaponRecoilBone = PRIMARY Barrel
WeaponMuzzleFlash = PRIMARY MuzzleFX
WeaponLaunchBone = PRIMARY Muzzle
End
ConditionState = REALLYDAMAGED
Model = NVOvrlrd_d
Animation = NVOvrlrd_d.NVOvrlrd_d
AnimationMode = LOOP
Turret = Turret01
End

ConditionState = RUBBLE
Model = NVOvrlrd_d
Turret = Turret01
End

TrackMarks = EXTnkTrack.tga
OkToChangeModelColor = Yes
TreadAnimationRate = 2.0; amount of tread texture to move per second
TreadDriveSpeedFraction = 0.3; fraction of locomotor speed below which treads stop moving.
TreadPivotSpeedFraction = 0.6; fraction of locomotor speed below which we allow pivoting.
End

That's basically it
UltimateAero
I'm still confused because I want to add a unit like the A-10 to be build able in game to use.

Ex I want a-10
how do I get it to be build able

I theres stuff like command set, command button and The ini files but I just can't figure out how to get a unit build able.
Zeke
Easiest way would be to copy the raptor and change it's model with the A10 and give it new weapons (the A10s default weapons don't work for normal units so you'll have to make new ones). Then make a button for it in commandbutton.ini (you can just copy the raptor's as well just change the name). Then find the airfield commandset (in commandset.ini) of the general you want to give it to and add your new button there.

If your still confused, you can try to find a mod called "New Tech Mod" they have a buildable A10 you can get the weapons from that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.