IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Installation and Launcher issues., Please use this thread.
kapul
post 8 Apr 2018, 17:46
Post #76

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12731

Hi,

I'm back on these installation issues...

I made a clean install of Zero Hour, patched it to 1.4... then used my no cd crack as i did before. Zero hour doesn't launch anymore.

Game works if i use my no cd crack without patching ...

Any solutions?

Thx
KapuL
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 9 Apr 2018, 0:38
Post #77

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

bad crack

--------------------

+Quote Post
kapul
post 3 Sep 2018, 20:00
Post #78

Group Icon

Member No.: 12731

Hi,
I'm back here to say that now shocwave is working fine. Great Mod. Thanks for all the help.
I ended up nuking everything, downloaded another version, reinstalled it all and it worked fine.
Now i have killed all maps allready, including the swmapack maps. Any other maps to suggest?

Thx again!

KapuL

+Quote Post
Mike Wen
post 17 Oct 2018, 22:45
Post #79

Group Icon

Member No.: 18622

Hello, I play on Mac OS X High Sierra with the latest version of the Deluxe Edition. Recently I tried to instal shockwave with instructions given on the Mod DB site. I got stuck on the last step because the bundle I downloaded from Mod DB contains no .big files, only 2 .txt files and a .exe. Any advice on what to do next? This is the first time I ever attempted to mod any game so forgive me if I sound perplexed and dumbfounded.

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 18 Oct 2018, 10:10
Post #80

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9941

QUOTE (Mike Wen @ 17 Oct 2018, 23:45) *
Hello, I play on Mac OS X High Sierra with the latest version of the Deluxe Edition. Recently I tried to instal shockwave with instructions given on the Mod DB site. I got stuck on the last step because the bundle I downloaded from Mod DB contains no .big files, only 2 .txt files and a .exe. Any advice on what to do next? This is the first time I ever attempted to mod any game so forgive me if I sound perplexed and dumbfounded.

Installer version is not supported by Mac. So for now there is only version 1.1 available for Mac, as a version without installation. link
And he sure you have Zero Hour version 1.04 installed (in the option menu, look at the bottom).

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here

+Quote Post
Mike Wen
post 19 Oct 2018, 16:38
Post #81

Group Icon

Member No.: 18622

I tired the 1.1 version you've provided me and followed instructions provided in the comments:

find generals/zero hour deluxe in 'Applications' folder
right click, 'Show Package Contents'
navigate: contents > gamedata > zero hour data and place all .big files included in zip directly into zero hour
within 'zero hour data', go to 'data' and within that, rename 'scripts' folder, to 'scripts_bu'

Yet all I get is an error message saying: "no data folder"

Anything I'm doing wrong?

P.S.: I checked my Zh version and it is 1.04

+Quote Post
slobadass
post 20 Oct 2019, 20:21
Post #82

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 20707

QUOTE (Alias @ 25 Nov 2010, 10:49) *
For ease of solving as well as easy access to previous solutions/what has worked for other people please use this thread for any issues you have with the installation or launching process....

Recommendations:
- If you have a secondary partition, I would highly recommend installing Zero Hour and Shockwave there, as you shouldn't experience any of the permission issues you would experience when installing into C:\. Installing outside of Program Files is an acceptable alternative as well.
- If you have the spare disk space, a backup Zero Hour folder is recommended.

If you experience any issues with installation or launching please post here, and I will try to help you. In most cases a screenshot of your Zero Hour folder is very helpful, however it is not required.

Alias
SWR Support

Recommendations:

I didn't found this after I already install SWR to my second drive/partition. So I created an account and post this for all enthusiast RTS games out there who have problem installing this legendary game.
Read this Recommendations:

Installing on second drive/partition works on Windows 10. You should see my face when I did it. I'll post it later

This post has been edited by slobadass: 20 Oct 2019, 20:23

--------------------
Drink as clean watter from faucet as spring water!
Kinetic reactor
Kinetic reactor Video

+Quote Post
tommy87
post 15 Jan 2020, 9:45
Post #83

Group Icon

Member No.: 21142

I have all my Origin games directed to D:\Games folder. ROTR is installed to D:\Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour folder but when i run the game via ROTR launcher and select ZH, it runs just like Zero Hour. I cant change whole Origin Games folder location on my system disk, it simply wont fit biggrin.gif How can i deal with that? Thanks in advance. Tomas

+Quote Post
tommy87
post 15 Jan 2020, 14:46
Post #84

Group Icon

Member No.: 21142

QUOTE (tommy87 @ 15 Jan 2020, 9:45) *
I have all my Origin games directed to D:\Games folder. ROTR is installed to D:\Games\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour folder but when i run the game via ROTR launcher and select ZH, it runs just like Zero Hour. I cant change whole Origin Games folder location on my system disk, it simply wont fit biggrin.gif How can i deal with that? Thanks in advance. Tomas

Nevermind, i just deleted all origin games including generals, pointed origin folder to default location, installed generals again and then point it back. Now it works

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 March 2024 - 8:17